2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted the overly enthusiastic fan from Phoenix who played "In Gods Country"!

Congrats to all those winners! Just start strumming the chords to "Acrobat"... They'll be forced to follow along.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interferencek

And I know of a fourth person who has also won. She has just posted it on her FB.
What exactly is going on here?

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

On a side note, I just watched a bit of the Boston 2001 show. God, it's so refreshing to see a crowd bouncing up and down, hands in the air, instead of the motionless cellphone crowd. Ugh. The death of the live show, especially for a band like U2 with such visual awesomeness. sigh. ok, back to your previously scheduled discussion.

I wish they had left up the list of nominees with their videos so we could see the folks we don't know, who won (Kid and the girl for me, i voted for mark & joe)

On a side note, I just watched a bit of the Boston 2001 show. God, it's so refreshing to see a crowd bouncing up and down, hands in the air, instead of the motionless cellphone crowd. Ugh. The death of the live show, especially for a band like U2 with such visual awesomeness. sigh. ok, back to your previously scheduled discussion.

I watched a video of my first U2 concert, Hamilton in Oct. 2001, and nary a cell phone or camera to be seen. So strange. (and I am just as guilty as anyone else with taking tons of phone pics)

I watched a video of my first U2 concert, Hamilton in Oct. 2001, and nary a cell phone or camera to be seen. So strange. (and I am just as guilty as anyone else with taking tons of phone pics)

A few pics at the right moments and short videos are fine, but there were some people at the London shows who were basically standing there filming the whole thing. One lady had her camera fixed solely on Edge nearly the whole night. Hope my jumping up and down doesn't ruin their filming...

A few pics at the right moments and short videos are fine, but there were some people at the London shows who were basically standing there filming the whole thing. One lady had her camera fixed solely on Edge nearly the whole night. Hope my jumping up and down doesn't ruin their filming...

oh well, too bad for her! :D

Does anyone else think that Bono is actually handpicking these people? If Amp wins, I will be convinced.

Yeah, I am thinking the vote was just a smokescreen and they had people in mind already - getting people to identify themselves for the vote facilitated the process of getting their contact info to set things up, without actually tipping their hat.

Makes perfect sense. The four selected so far are all very different from each other. Once Amp completes the 5, there will be no doubt in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Who would be that obsessed :wink: sounds like me.

Kidding. I think we where rocking out 99% of the time, I find it awkward to point a camera at someone who is 5 ft in front of you, doing his best to play a good show.

I wonder what 2005 angry "put down your fucking phone" Bono:

thinks of 2015 "join me on stage and film me with a phone" Bono.

I wonder what 2005 angry "put down your fucking phone" Bono:

thinks of 2015 "join me on stage and film me with a phone" Bono.

This is what I was asking and saying to my buddies during the london show. Remember THAT incident and , these people with all of their phones here. Tssss.

Who would be that obsessed :wink: sounds like me.

Kidding. I think we where rocking out 99% of the time, I find it awkward to point a camera at someone who is 5 ft in front of you, doing his best to play a good show.

Yeah I think I lost a few kgs that night from the exercise...
You have to wonder what the band think looking at a sea of phones held aloft... they might be smiling outwardly but thinking "for feck's sake, are you enjoying this or not?"
Tssss.

Congrats to all of the Paris winners! I think this contest is great for the band to do something for the fan base. You can't make everyone happy. They've never involved fans the way they have recently. It's a class move to do something special for these folks, something they didn't have to do.

The irony of watching a video of a show that wasn't filmed (so, a fan-shot video) and complaining about fans filming now is mind-numbing

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom