2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really though, I get the whole sentiment that my excitement for the album will die down. That's natural, but I can say that almost a year after NLOTH was released, I had a huge problem with a few of the songs and the overall compromises that the band made in attempt to have a huge single.

Today, almost a year after SOI was released, I still enjoy every song. Song For Someone, my least favorite song on the album, is still a song I enjoy quite a bit. The tour is spectacular too. This is also an album that I haven't felt the need to recreate the tracklist either as I feel that the album flows rather well.

I realize that some people here don't like it. I do, U2 did a great job making an album that I enjoy.

Really though, I get the whole sentiment that my excitement for the album will die down. That's natural, but I can say that almost a year after NLOTH was released, I had a huge problem with a few of the songs and the overall compromises that the band made in attempt to have a huge single.

Today, almost a year after SOI was released, I still enjoy every song. Song For Someone, my least favorite song on the album, is still a song I enjoy quite a bit. The tour is spectacular too. This is also an album that I haven't felt the need to recreate the tracklist either as I feel that the album flows rather well.

I realize that some people here don't like it. I do, U2 did a great job making an album that I enjoy.

That sentiment is really, really bullshit. People told me that after NLOTH dropped for years... and six years later I still love it as much as I did when it came out, perhaps even more. So if you really love SOI now, you're still gonna like it over the years. The initial lovespell has worn off by now.

That sentiment is really, really bullshit. People told me that after NLOTH dropped for years... and six years later I still love it as much as I did when it came out, perhaps even more. So if you really love SOI now, you're still gonna like it over the years. The initial lovespell has worn off by now.

Yeah I think that's a good call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOI is a collection of good songs. Invisible and Reach are the only great ones IMO and Invisible wasn't even on the album. The Miracle and Wolves have been really awesome live from what I've seen.
I've always really tried to like Cedarwood Road, but I just don't think the song goes anywhere. It starts out really good and has a good outro, but it settles down for typical mid-tempo post-2000 U2 style for a majority of the song. Like most of the album, it's a good song, nothing spectacular. Most of the album is just pretty forgettable for me because nothing quite stands out as unique besides the 2 I mentioned earlier.
Meanwhile, NLOTH had Fez, COL, MOS, WAS and NLOTH/NLOTH2. They are all unique and in some cases (Fez and MOS) incredible songs. Too bad the rest of the album is crap, however, I've always had a soft spot for Crazy Tonight. It's just that SUC, Breathe, and UC are the worst songs the band has ever released IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

SOI is a collection of good songs. Invisible and Reach are the only great ones IMO and Invisible wasn't even on the album. The Miracle and Wolves have been really awesome live from what I've seen.
I've always really tried to like Cedarwood Road, but I just don't think the song goes anywhere. It starts out really good and has a good outro, but it settles down for typical mid-tempo post-2000 U2 style for a majority of the song. Like most of the album, it's a good song, nothing spectacular. Most of the album is just pretty forgettable for me because nothing quite stands out as unique besides the 2 I mentioned earlier.
Meanwhile, NLOTH had Fez, COL, MOS, WAS and NLOTH/NLOTH2. They are all unique and in some cases (Fez and MOS) incredible songs. Too bad the rest of the album is crap, however, I've always had a soft spot for Crazy Tonight. It's just that SUC, Breathe, and UC are the worst songs the band has ever released IMO.

This is one of the things I love about the U2 fan community. There is never universal agreement on which songs/albums are good, and which suck (although I have yet to meet a fan who hates Streets). Case in point: I hate NLOTH precisely because of the songs you love. I find them tuneless and musically uninspired.

But you love them. And that's awesome. Different strokes for different folks.

This is one of the things I love about the U2 fan community. There is never universal agreement on which songs/albums are good, and which suck (although I have yet to meet a fan who hates Streets). Case in point: I hate NLOTH precisely because of the songs you love. I find them tuneless and musically uninspired.

:up:

As much as I love this tour, the fact that they haven't played the best song on SOI (Reach Me) at all, and only played its second best song (California) a handful of times, makes me want to bang my head against a fucking wall. :banghead: Especially when both of these have the potential to be absolutely amazing live (if played properly). :doh:

Pretty sure California isn't played live because of the strain on his voice. A lot of high notes.

Chance maybe they don't like it that much? They are playing all the songs I love off the album. So I'm good. Sure happy if they played it. I don't feel they are playing any song I don't like non stop. Hearing love peace or else every show was hard. And unknown caller. Some songs I like once and awhile. I think lucky these songs aren't annoying over and over. They go down smooth.

They should try Volcano from the main stage

As much as I love this tour, the fact that they haven't played the best song on SOI (Reach Me) at all, and only played its second best song (California) a handful of times, makes me want to bang my head against a fucking wall. :banghead: Especially when both of these have the potential to be absolutely amazing live (if played properly). :doh:

I NEED to at least hear the music from Reach Me live.

By that logic, only 21 of the 134 performances of THBAO have been worth anything.

And I love all those songs to death, except Cedars and Magnificent which I find boring. NLOTH is one of my favourite albums. :wink: Different strokes indeed... though if anyone hated Streets, I'd say they cannot be accepted as a U2 fan. You may not find it as much the HolyGrail as most people do, but you.cannot.hate.streets.

ETA: AW YISS TWO HEARTS! :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom