2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything else is announced with Santiago, my money is that it'll be Porto Alegre, not Lima.

If anything else is announced with Santiago, my money is that it'll be Porto Alegre, not Lima.

I'd be surprised if they announce anything other than Santiago, BsAs and Sao Paulo, though Porto Alegre would make the most sense if they do add one more. I don't think Lima is in play, as you say Ax.
I hope they simply play three dates at one or all of those cities :pray:

The occasional Lima rumours just seem to be wishful thinking rather than based on anything of substance. The Porto Alegre rumour seems surprisingly sound and I hope it happens.

My money's on 2x Santiago, 3x La Plata, 2x Sao Paulo, 1x Porto Alegre.

if to happen show in Porto Alegre, the announcement will have to occur in 3 weeks or 1 month!

because:

T4F announces shows organized by it (São Paulo show, in the case)…therefore it possesss the rights of the show… after "sold out" shows organized by it, that they open the possibility of some another producer, in the case of Porto Alegre, a local producer "buy" one date…

will have show in Porto Alegre, the announcement will be after sold out everything in São Paulo!

it was what it happens with the Aerosmith: they had announced the show in Porto Alegre one month after to announce the show in São Paulo

Hey matsimon,

Will Beira Rio Stadium in Porto Alegre still be available for U2 in April?
Or, will it already be undergoing reconstruction for the 2014 World Cup?

ok... that sounded ackward... not that there's anything wrong with that :wink:

we can't drink in public places... but what the hell :up:

Haha! You'll probably be the one waiting for me (to show up).

And, who says we're going to drink in public? All that beer is for washing our hair.

Just because you SHOULDNT drink in public, it doesn't mean you CAN'T.

Brown paper bags ftw! :D

Cool! Oakland-style!

brownbag.jpg

if to happen show in Porto Alegre, the announcement will have to occur in 3 weeks or 1 month!

because:

T4F announces shows organized by it (São Paulo show, in the case)…therefore it possesss the rights of the show… after "sold out" shows organized by it, that they open the possibility of some another producer, in the case of Porto Alegre, a local producer "buy" one date…

will have show in Porto Alegre, the announcement will be after sold out everything in São Paulo!

it was what it happens with the Aerosmith: they had announced the show in Porto Alegre one month after to announce the show in São Paulo

Why can't T4F promote the Porto Alegre show?

the reform of the Beira-RIo Stadium will be made by sectors… i believe that it will not have problems in receiving the show!

Why can't T4F promote the Porto Alegre show?

i dont know... but here in Porto Alegre have many local show producers companies that have interest in bringing shows for the city… therefore something is sufficiently income-producing

shows of Paul McCartney, Aerosmith,R.E.M., Green Day, (and others) in Porto Alegre had been of extreme success… they had collected sufficiently and they had excellent crowds (Paul Mccartney and REM sold out, for example)

the reform of the Beira-RIo Stadium will be made by sectors… i believe that it will not have problems in receiving the show!

Sounds good, gracias matsimon!

For what it's worth, many of the hotels in Porto Alegre are already sold out for 4-7 April.

I booked a room at the Harbor Hotel Regent Suites in the Centro -- it was the only decent place available for
less than USD $100 per night during those dates :hmm:

Where'd you get 4-7 April from? The only rumoured date I've seen is 21 April ...

Where'd you get 4-7 April from? The only rumoured date I've seen is 21 April ...

Just a guess based on the first Buenos Aires date being on 30 March and the Sao Paulo date being on 9 April.... naturally, U2 will add to those, but if they only do two dates in BsAs and SP, they could still easily play in Porto Alegre on 4 or 5 April before landing in SP up the road on 8 April. Wanted to book a room now just in case.

The local football club, Inter, is scheduled to play a match at Beira-Rio on 10 April, however, so the 21 April date is probably more likely than April Four:

Site oficial do Sport Club Internacional de Porto Alegre - Grupo de Jogadores

Ah right, I had thought similar things and was wondering if you'd heard any sort of actual rumours in that direction. If there is a Porto Alegre show, a gap to 21/04 seems kind of funny.

Imagine if the itinerary turns out like this:
25/03, 26/03: Santiago
(3 days of downtime: normal)
30/03, 01/04, maybe 02/04, La Plata
(6-7 days of downtime: a bit long but not too abnormal)
09/04, 10/04: Sao Paulo
(10 days of downtime: ... what?)
21/04: Porto Alegre

Maybe there really will be a Rio show at Engenhao in the SP/PA gap? That rumour wasn't very strong though.

Ah right, I had thought similar things and was wondering if you'd heard any sort of actual rumours in that direction. If there is a Porto Alegre show, a gap to 21/04 seems kind of funny.

Imagine if the itinerary turns out like this:
25/03, 26/03: Santiago
(3 days of downtime: normal)
30/03, 01/04, maybe 02/04, La Plata
(6-7 days of downtime: a bit long but not too abnormal)
09/04, 10/04: Sao Paulo
(10 days of downtime: ... what?)
21/04: Porto Alegre

Maybe there really will be a Rio show at Engenhao in the SP/PA gap? That rumour wasn't very strong though.

Right, seems a bit odd, considering Porto Alegre is an overnight truck ride from Buenos Aires, and even closer to Sao Paulo:

porto alegre - Google Maps -- (zoom out four clicks)

Why wait so long between gigs, especially if it costs so much per day to keep the Claw going. Seems like waiting ten days for one more concert would end up losing money for them.

I reckon the interfering football season at Beira-Rio is why that 21 April date was announced on Radio Atlantis last month.

Does anyone think the South American leg could pan out to something like this?

Mar 18 Lima Peru National Stadium (not for sure if rumored)
Mar 19 Lima Peru National Stadium (not for sure if rumored)
Mar 25 Santiago Chile National Stadium (rumored)
Mar 26 Santiago Chile National Stadium (rumored)
Mar 30 B Aires Argentina Unico de la Plata stadium (confirmed)
Apr 1 B Aires Argentina Unico de la Plata stadium (rumored)
Apr 2 B Aires Argentina Unico de la Plata stadium (rumored)
Apr 7 Sao Paulo Brazil Morumbi stadium (rumored) announced last. on a week day just like the 3rd Mexico City show was.
Apr 9 Sao Paulo Brazil Morumbi stadium (confirmed)
Apr 10 Sao Paulo Brazil Morumbi stadium (rumored)
Apr 13-17 Possibly two Rio shows at Engenhao stadium
Apr 21-24 Possibly two Porto Alegre shows either at Beira Rio or Olimpico Monumental

producer of Porto Alegre admits show possibility!

with the confirmation yesterday of the first date in São Paulo, I decided to enter in contact with the main producers of Porto Alegre of possible show here and got the following reply of "H4 Hits",a local producer:

"Matheus! We are working so that in fact to the 360ºTour of the U2 pass also for Porto Alegre, we are concentrating all the efforts to become this dream reality, however not yet we have nothing of concrete,
but exist a good possibility of this show happen in the month of April in a date to be decided."

possible date for Porto Alegre: beginning of April (before São Paulo or 21 de abril (after São paulo)

another source said me that the show will be organized by the RBS group, in project that brought Paul McCartney to Porto Alegre and the ocurr in 21 april

for the first time a local producers admitted the possibility of show here!

i`m very optimist with this! if really to occur, the show will have after to be announced to deplete the ingressions of shows of São Paulo!

Pretty lame really. I'd feel for anybody in Rio or Porto Alegre who buys a ticket to Sao Paulo, only then for a gig in their city to be announced.

Pretty lame really. I'd feel for anybody in Rio or Porto Alegre who buys a ticket to Sao Paulo, only then for a gig in their city to be announced.

It sounds like a bit of a catch-22 situation - unless people from Rio & Porto Alegre buy tickets for Sao Paulo then maybe they won't sell out the shows necessary to then add Rio & Porto Alegre!

Substitute Minneapolis or Pittsburgh for Porto Alegre and Chicago or Philadelphia for Sao Paulo.
I bought tickets for Chicago, Denver and even Edmonton before Minneapolis was announced (I'm still going to Denver though).

Nice job U2, Live Nation, WTF ever. :up::up::up:
Way to handle announcing a tour.

(You'll catch the hopeful tone of my bitch that Mpls. and Pittsburgh did eventually get shows.)

There is little doubt in my mind that a certain amount of, for want of a better word, integrity has been lost in the outsourcing of so much to external corporations. Back in the days of Propaganda the tour and ticketing arrangements were much more fan-oriented with a feel of quality surrounding them than they are now. Like so much else in life the big corporates seem to suck whatever they can for as long as they can out of something. I hope they don't bleed this dry.

I may be wrong but can't help but feel that if it was U2 still running the show themselves they would have announced each continent in full (with the exception of additional nights at the same venue) at the outset.

There is little doubt in my mind that a certain amount of, for want of a better word, integrity has been lost in the outsourcing of so much to external corporations. Back in the days of Propaganda the tour and ticketing arrangements were much more fan-oriented with a feel of quality surrounding them than they are now. Like so much else in life the big corporates seem to suck whatever they can for as long as they can out of something. I hope they don't bleed this dry.

I may be wrong but can't help but feel that if it was U2 still running the show themselves they would have announced each continent in full (with the exception of additional nights at the same venue) at the outset.

They did that on Pop, with some shows announced 9 months in advance. They bit off more than they could chew and some dates were 1/3rd - 1/2 full.

2008 is also a very uncertain economy.

Plus, scalpers were abusing the Prop ticket distribution.

BTW, U2 themselves enjoy money as much as big faceless corporations. They just have to be slightly more careful about customer satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom