2011 Tour Rumours/Discussion Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances that U2 will end this tour in Dublin next year? If it ends in Pittsburgh im gonna be pissed :(.

I was thinking, if U2 have the new 'heyday' Bono is hoping for with the new album, wouldn't it be strange not to tour Europe?

Well, is there any doubt they would sell-out at least a few stadiums?

I don't know why they wouldn't support the album a little.
Hell, U2 may found their perfect balance of touring and album production--an album every 2 years and just enough stadium shows to support it.
If only they weren't getting older.

Believe it when I see it re: South American announcement.

As for Argentina, I'd say it's a very good thing if the shows do have to go to La Plata, or anywhere smaller than River Plate; the smaller the stadium, the higher the chance of more shows.

If the pieces finally come together for the South American tour, are they really going to be able to put out an album in May? They'll need to breathe once in awhile, right? I'm excited for this vein they're in at the moment, but I dread how long the gap in U2-activity is going to be when 360 eventually comes to a close.

If the pieces finally come together for the South American tour, are they really going to be able to put out an album in May? They'll need to breathe once in awhile, right? I'm excited for this vein they're in at the moment, but I dread how long the gap in U2-activity is going to be when 360 eventually comes to a close.

The album is done. All that's left are a few tweaks and selecting mixes etc. Hopefully the fact they are busy touring will keep them from over-cooking the thing.

The album is done. All that's left are a few tweaks and selecting mixes etc. Hopefully the fact they are busy touring will keep them from over-cooking the thing.
Yeah...in an interview, McGuinness implied that they had a May deadline to finish the album, so there's that, too.

What's wrong with River Plate Stadium?

From Axver at his U2gigs.com:

"It seems that the main reason a tour has not yet been announced is because of problems in organising a venue in Argentina.

River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires is the preferred venue of the promoters, but concerts are only currently being permitted there if they have a seated floor (to reduce the structural impact of vibrations).

This is obviously an unacceptable condition for U2, and an alternative has been lined up in the form of Estadio Ciudad de La Plata, in the nearby city of La Plata.

The promoters, however, continue to try to gain access to River Plate Stadium and have offered large sums of money to achieve this desire. Negotiations appear to be ongoing.

Whether held in Buenos Aires or La Plata, the rumoured timeframe is the same: two, possibly three shows between 29 March and 1 April."

http://www.u2gigs.com/

Why schedule a show in Porto Alegre if the band can just do 2-3 shows in Sao Paulo?

What's wrong with River Plate Stadium?

(Sorry- I missed the conversation.:reject:)

After endless negotiations, T4F was not able to secure River Plate Stadium under the conditions set by Live Nation.

My contact at Ticketek told me that the info related to the concert appeared on their system for a few mintues before they took it down again, but she was able to see the venue details and it said Estadio Unico de La Plata.

Why schedule a show in Porto Alegre if the band can just do 2-3 shows in Sao Paulo?

Hi! I`m live in Porto Alegre, Brazil and i`m very happy with the possibility of fantastic 360° to come to my city!

São Paulo and Porto Alegre = different regions of Brazil…

São Paulo = Southeast of Brazil
Porto Alegre = extreme South

Brazil is a very very very extense country..."continental country"… doesn`t exist justification shows only in a one city!

in Porto Alegre have producers, entrepreneurs and sponsors that invest in the coming of shows here!

recently several shows had come to Porto Alegre: Paul McCartney, Aerosmith, R.E.M., Metallica, Iron Maiden, Green Day, Offspring, Guns n Roses, Black Eyed Peas and several others!

Can anybody recommend any reasonably priced places in La Plata? (not into hostel dorms) Don't need to be next to the stadium, city center will be good as long as it's not hard to get transport to the stadium, unless the stadium is in a good area for a tourist anyway. I need to research La Plata a bit more, did not hit there the last time I went to Argentina.

Or, do you think somebody will be running buses BsAs to La Plata for the shows?

Can anybody recommend any reasonably priced places in La Plata? (not into hostel dorms) Don't need to be next to the stadium, city center will be good as long as it's not hard to get transport to the stadium, unless the stadium is in a good area for a tourist anyway. I need to research La Plata a bit more, did not hit there the last time I went to Argentina.

Or, do you think somebody will be running buses BsAs to La Plata for the shows?

I live in Capital Federal and La Plata is 40 or 50 minutes away on the motorway. I have already been enquiring about accommodation in La Plata as I dont want to be coming and going between shows. There are no hotels/hostels withing walking distance from the stadium as it is located near the entrance to the city. If you want, I can PM you with the info I have so far. :)

I live in Capital Federal and La Plata is 40 or 50 minutes away on the motorway. I have already been enquiring about accommodation in La Plata as I dont want to be coming and going between shows. There are no hotels/hostels withing walking distance from the stadium as it is located near the entrance to the city. If you want, I can PM you with the info I have so far. :)

That would be great, thanks! :) Too bad it's not in Buenos Aires itself, had been thinking about renting an apartment for a week, but the shows being in La Plata cuts into that. Waiting for the whole schedule to be announced to decide if my second city will be Santiago or, if they do indeed announce it and it's within two weeks or so of the Argentina shows, Porto Alegre.

That would be great, thanks! :) Too bad it's not in Buenos Aires itself, had been thinking about renting an apartment for a week, but the shows being in La Plata cuts into that. Waiting for the whole schedule to be announced to decide if my second city will be Santiago or, if they do indeed announce it and it's within two weeks or so of the Argentina shows, Porto Alegre.

You've got mail. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom