2011 AFL Thread - Melbourne: The suckiest sucks that ever sucked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:
That guernsey's a damn shame, there's a lot of cool designs you could do with a Kiwi team - a silver fern, something Maori, or both - and they recolour one of the worst guernseys in the league. :(

I think that Hawthorn have something more formally to do with this. They've got some sort of official partnership with AFL NZ, which benefits NZ by having an AFL club investing in the sport over there, while also offering Hawthorn a new market to tap into. It's an impressive strategic move. As well grounded as Hawthorn are in the congested Melbourne market, they've developed Tasmania and NZ into little satellite markets through which to fall back on, should remaining in Melbourne prove unsustainable.

It's just an extension of the Hawthorn brand.

Pretty sure NZ didn't wear this guernsey in previous World Cups, prior to the Hawthorn deal.

That's pretty lame. What happened to the New Zealand Falcons! We could've at least aligned ourselves with West Coast and been the New Zealand Haast's Eagles.

749px-Giant_Haasts_eagle_attacking_New_Zealand_moa.jpg

PS How have none of you made anything of the France Coqs yet?

Yes, I was just part of a 20-minute football panel show at TEAC Oval, and yes, Gary Ayres was part of the panel, and yes, video is forthcoming.

Yes, you are on the way to big things :D

Nice work. Being on a panel with Gary Ayres would have been awesome. Has he still got that immensely dense head of hair?

I sometimes wonder why current clubs don't look at him as a potential coach. He never disgraced himself when he was at Geelong and Adelaide.

Haha hopefully mate. Yeah he's still got a ripper head of hair. Was talking to him afterwards about Geelong's 95 season, cos I've got the AFV of our season that year. Still got that metre-deep dimple on his chin too.

Agreed, and I'm astounded AFL clubs don't look to the VFL for coaches. I've always felt Ayres was an outstanding coach, and then you've got someone like Gerald Fitzgerald who has a nearly flawless record.

I did actually :lol:

Vlad I bet you thought Malcolm Blight did a terrible job in 1997 and 98. I mean, you might have won back to back flags, but imagine what you could have achieved in those years if you had a decent coach.

I did actually :lol:

Vlad I bet you thought Malcolm Blight did a terrible job in 1997 and 98. I mean, you might have won back to back flags, but imagine what you could have achieved in those years if you had a decent coach.

I can't really comment on Blight, for reasons seen below.

Wasn't Vlad like 1 year old in 1997?

2, actually. Hell, I wasn't even living in Australia at that time. :wink:

Collingwood
Hawthorn
Geelong
St Kilda
West Coast
Adelaide
Melbourne
Essendon

Pretty sure I would be kicking ass if I started from round 1. :angry: Next year, look out.

Haha, I like that I can remember the Crows going back-to-back and Vlad can't.

Freo vs Collingwood
Hawthorn vs Bulldogs
Geelong vs Sydney
St Kilda vs North
Brisbane vs Eagles
Adelaide vs Richmond
Melbourne vs Gold Coast (but I'd rather the Suns win it)
Essendon vs Port

How did this pig of a human get such a hot bird? I hope she is draining him of every cent he has. Because I can't live with this. It's so unfair (because she hot & he not)

5f9f39c1.jpg

Joined yer group, Danny. :) Also love "Life's too short to be living in Werribee" ahaha.

Read about McVeigh's daughter yesterday, very tragic. Certainly puts things into perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom