2011 AFL Thread - Melbourne: The suckiest sucks that ever sucked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol::lol: you're nothing if not consistent, inte.

And I think a club by the name of Canberra/North Ballarat/Tasmania/North Melbourne would argue with you about the "team of the decade" title. WC probably owned the first half (two prems from 3 GFs) but the Roos were dominant in the second half.

We made every finals series and won more games than any other team during the 90s. :)

Malthouse was, of course, the coach of the Eagles when I first started supporting them, so he always has a special place in my heart. Wow, that sounds creepy!

That I did not know. I would withdraw my comment... but shit North was incredible from 94 onwards (I think 94 was the year Billy kicked a point after the siren to knock them out)

I liked it when we went back-to-back, but otherwise we didn't do too much.

Yeah, North were amazing in the mid-late nineties, they played fantastic footy. Probably why I still have a soft spot for them. Didn't hurt that a few of my closest mates went for them too.

I should do my tips now, lest my internet completely screws up and only works for ten seconds at a time like it has been for the past week or so:

Carlton vs Hawthorn
Gold Coast vs Adelaide
West Coast vs Essendon :pray:
North vs Freo
Collingwood vs Brisbane
Sydney vs Saints
Port vs Bulldogs
Melbourne vs Richmond - hardest to tip by far.

Hawthorn (the start of our rapid descent from the top four)
Adelaide
West Coast
North Melbourne
Collingwood
St. Kilda
Western
Richmond

West Coast vs Essendon :pray:

No need to worry there, Bonnie; in the last two years, the only games the Bombers have won outside Melbourne have been this year's matches against Adelaide and Brisbane.

I think the hardest game to pick is Sydney vs Saints. That'll be a good close one. Saints have become fairly strong of late, while Sydney have something to prove after the last two weeks and are at home to do it.

Carlton vs Hawthorn in a thriller
Gold Coast vs Adelaide
West Coast vs Essendon
North? vs Freo
Collingwood vs Brissie
Sydney vs Saints
Port vs Footscray
Melbourne vs Richmond

That I did not know. I would withdraw my comment... but shit North was incredible from 94 onwards (I think 94 was the year Billy kicked a point after the siren to knock them out)

That was the doggies by a point :wink: But I remember watching the last quarter of this game.....thriller!!

Hawthorn
Adelaide
WCE
Freo (I don't know why I keep on tipping them, soft spot I suppose)
Collingwood
Sydney
Bulldogs
Melbourne

Ah crap, Essendon won't have Pears or Hurley for the Eagles game due to injury. There you go Bonnie, even less reason for you to stress!

cobl04 - 7/124
bonnie - 5/121
inte - 6/122
vlad - 6/122
axver - 7/116
danny - how many did you get last round

Hawthorn. Adelaide. West Coast. North. Collingwood. St Kilda. Dogs. Richmond.

Ax, or anyone else, feel free to check your own tips. I'm 95% sure what's above is correct, but am happy to be proven wrong. But I don't want to go back again it took like 20 minutes last time :lol:

Ax, or anyone else, feel free to check your own tips. I'm 95% sure what's above is correct, but am happy to be proven wrong. But I don't want to go back again it took like 20 minutes last time :lol:

Nah, I probably am just that bad! :lol:

Though I see compared to the "expert tips" on The Age, your 124 is equal with their best, and very few of theirs have cracked 120. My 116 is fairly middle of the pack, so I don't feel so off-the-pace now.

West Coast
North Tasmania (Hawkers)
South Tasmania (North)
Richmond
St Kilda
Collingwood
Footscray
Adelaide

I caught a bit of Rodney Eade on the footy show last night. That man is pure class, he had nothing evil to say towards to Dogs and just the way he went about the interview was pretty damn awesome :up:

Can't wait for tonights match actually. It detirmines if Collingwood/Geelong play Carlton/West Coast in the first week of the finals. Thinking about going down to the Lions match on Saturday night, if I can be bothered with another "down and back" trip.

Nic's 50th game this weekend! You know what that means.

755295275_1741935.gif

I'm bummed that I missed Blues/Hawks, but the result was almost exactly what I expected. Oh well. We're not THAT good yet.

I can't believe Carlton were 1.8 at half time! ... but that both teams ultimately ended up with 18 behinds. I'm relieved Hawthorn won; at this rate, Essendon will hopefully play the first week of finals in Melbourne rather than Perth.

Nic's 50th game this weekend! You know what that means.

755295275_1741935.gif

Oh my god. :lol:

I don't know of many teams who kick 9 in one quarter and only one in the following. Appalling.

Hahaha, what a bizarre match. We kicked 16/18 in the first and last quarters and the two in between were one of the worst I've ever seen. I was ready to rage. We still ended up winning by 10 goals. :lol:

Also, Scott Thompson registered 51 disposals. Superstar. Second highest in AFL history, I think. And these possessions were not cheap by a long shot.

Hahaha, what a bizarre match. We kicked 16/18 in the first and last quarters and the two in between were one of the worst I've ever seen. I was ready to rage. We still ended up winning by 10 goals. :lol:

The scorecard looks so strange! :laugh:

God, Essendon have been surprisingly good against the Eagles in the first half, leading by a point at half-time. Skeptical we can hold on though; early minutes of the third are not promising. :uhoh:

Worst fears confirmed! Didn't help that Crameri had a total brain explosion on the siren and hooked a behind instead of lining up an easy goal to get us back within 20.

Must admit though that I feel this game has been somewhat marred by sub-standard, inconsistent umpiring all-round.

This is terrible now. We've done a great job lately of getting our percentage raped in the final quarter in games when we should've finished with a respectable loss. Eagles running rampant now ... we've lost our spark.

And, of course, the Essendon Injury Parade has continued with both Watson and Welsh concussed.

The Eagles' attack is impressive. They seem almost unstoppable when they're on the run, though I don't think the Bombers' hearts are left in it.

Essendon could field an injured 22 sooner than we could field a fit 22. Just as I type this, apparently Crameri's down in pain, probably his shoulder. Oh fucking hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom