2011 AFL Thread - Melbourne: The suckiest sucks that ever sucked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker re-signs with the Crows!

:rockon:

After so many people were convinced he was gone will have pies in their faces. :up:

Yeah but don't forget he had that one beer that one time, which means he's completely off the rails, uncommitted and likely to embarrass himself at the Brownlow and get sacked.

Anywhere honestly! I haven't given it a lot of thought. Vancouver would be my #1 pick.

Is Boston/Montreal still on your cards??

Fair enough - Vancouver looks really lovely, gotta say. Just can't wait to travel, pretty ridiculous that the furthest north I've been is the Whitsundays!

Yeah, still thinking about north-east US or south-east Canada. Like the cut of that joint's jib. I have dreams of owning an apartment in Brooklyn. /tosser I have a distant relative who lives in Manhattan and deals with selling art to rich people, which is about the most convenient distant relative I could possibly have.

Yep, like I've been saying all season, Brisbane really aren't that bad - they just can't seem to catch a break this year. I predict they will finish much higher next year. Clearly that good game against the Pies was no fluke.

Last night during the first quarter of St Kilda vs the 'Roos, one of the commentators was all "I guarantee you this will be a low scoring game". I snorted at the time and felt very vindicated when the Saints utterly steamrollered the 'Roos! I actually expected it to be close and high scoring (say, 95-88 at the end), but that was an even better result. Really, it should've been much more than 19.21; the Saints blew at least 5-6 goal opportunities they should've got. 25.15 is what it should've been.

And watching that game was far better than watching that awful display by the All Blacks. Every time I switched channels, the All Blacks were making some kind of dreadful mistake. I'm genuinely surprised how little I care. My expectations of us winning the World Cup are now hovering very close to 0% too. Though it seems to be that holding all other silverware jinxes us to lose the World Cup, so now that we don't have the Tri-Nations, maybe we'll win the Cup after all!

Oh, and since Interference was dead when it happened:

HOLY SHIT SYDNEY!

WHAT THE FUCK GEELONG?!

Geez, they gave one of the AFL's best teams a mighty fine go last night. I think they're progressing quite well despite being unable to win matches.

Did anyone cringe to the max when Ziebell flew at Riewoldt and hit him while in the air and then adding to the insult by making Riewoldt break his fall? Ouch. :crack:

Did anyone cringe to the max when Ziebell flew at Riewoldt and hit him while in the air and then adding to the insult by making Riewoldt break his fall? Ouch. :crack:

Ooh yeah, that was pretty bad and for a minute it looked like Nick's game and maybe season had just collapsed in a heap. But that turned out to be his night; about time he finally played a blinder. (Well, maybe not quite a "blinder", but a damn good game.)

Put a strike through Bickley's name if he ever had a chance to get the coaching job.

Losing to Richmond at home after a 4 goal lead is completely and utterly embarrassing. And as usual, we don't do shit in the last, no fight at all.

I had to vacuum the house (or at least most of the rooms) and I remember taking a little break to check the scores and we were 4 goals up. I then came back after I finished to find that there was a 6 point difference. From there on in I knew we'd just give up gutlessly like we do 90% of the time on these occasions.

Extremely disappointed and pissed off, that was a game we should have won comfortably.

What the hell is happening to Essendon against Port! We had 20 points on them early in the second and now they're eight in front. :uhoh:

We can't bloody lose to Port!

And now we're down by 16 at three quarter time! The fuck.

Though I really have to wonder what the hell Primus said to his team at quarter time last week. The Bulldogs kicked the shit out of Port in the first quarter, but I think Port actually won the remaining three quarters, or came within a few points of it. They've now strung together seven competitive quarters of footy that are completely at odds with the preceding rounds. God I hope they fall over hard in this final term today!

Now we need to score six goals in 15 minutes to win the game. :sigh:

Hang in there Port!!

Richmond can still finish 9th :D All it will take is for Footscray to defeat Fremantle, and for us to defeat North Nowhere.

Holy shit, we've actually kicked the requisite goals and lead by four points ... got to hold on for six minutes though.

Fuck Port!

Remarkable, but how did Essendon end up 5 goals behind Port Power in the first place? Doesn't help when they persevere with duds like Lovett-Murray

Port seem to always have this special ability to beat Essendon even when they're crap. Now they're so crap that they can't even beat while leading for three quarters (I didn't watch the game, but I tuned in at the end where they were talking about how Port couldn't win and I sniggered).

Did Butcher kick more goals?

Yeah, I was really hanging out for Port to win that. Pathetic give up in the last twenty-odd minutes, but what do you expect. Would love to see them beat the Dees at AO next weekend!

For all that happened yesterday, I'll still be going for Port next week. Just because I still really hate Melbourne for what they did to Dean Bailey.

Hard to believe that's the first time the Bombers have beaten Port since 2004. God, what a recovery this year has been. But now time for us to probably get smashed by Carlton in the finals.

Hey, you tied us once already!

A quality victory over St. Kilda is the confidence boost we need if we're going to make a run in the finals. I'd like to think that we have this match well in hand, but it's clear that we can't take it for granted. Hopefully we'll face the team that showed up against Sydney and not those cruel bastards that pillaged North.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom