2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure dates will be listed.

The list looks strange, going from Vienna to Athens and Istanbul first and then to Munich is a little ackward, but ok.

That means I need a couple of days off again for shows next year. But I'm soooo happy right now that they're coming back! :yippie:

There are more dates to come e.g. Belgium, Switzerland - just not announced yet.

how long was the break between second and third legs on vertigo? because this is, without the other dates, about a 9 month gap or something.

and if they were going to come here oct/nov 2010 that doesn't leave them much time to break and then come over.

:confused:

how long was the break between second and third legs on vertigo? because this is, without the other dates, about a 9 month gap or something.

and if they were going to come here oct/nov 2010 that doesn't leave them much time to break and then come over.

:confused:
rumour has it (though it's sadly not confirmed, just a rumour) that they will tour the us in june/july 2010.

personally, i just hope they hold off announcing those dates and putting tickets for sale until i (eventually) find a job.

rumour has it (though it's sadly not confirmed, just a rumour) that they will tour the us in june/july 2010.

personally, i just hope they hold off announcing those dates and putting tickets for sale until i (eventually) find a job.

I guess they're holding off announcing the US until more tickets have sold for this leg. There are still tickets available for all upcoming shows except the final 3.

If anyone is interested in stadium sizes, here you go (all numbers are for normal sporting event capacity, not U2 360 tour with field GA capacity):

Commerzbank Arena Frankfurt DE - 52K
AWD Stadium Hannover DE - 49K
Stadium Horsens DK - 35K?
Olympic Stadium Helsinki FI - 42K
Luzhniki Moscow RU - 85K
Ernst Happel Stadium Vienna AT - 49K
Olympic Stadium Athens GR - 71K
Ataturk Olympic Stadium Istanbul TR - 76K
Olympic Stadium Munich DE - 69K
Stade De France Paris FR - 80K
Olympic Stadium Seville ES - 58K
Stadium Coimbra PT - 30K

(sorry if I got one or two wrong)

Do they really have to start the sales so early? Isn't it a bit too soon? It's in almost a year! :down:

Why's it too soon, would you rather they leave it till the last few weeks? This way everyone can plan ahead..

No British Or Irish dates yet? July maybe?

It's not clear whether this years subscription will cover presales for next year. Kinda getting the feeling they'll come back for a top up subscription fee or something.

If anyone is interested in stadium sizes, here you go (all numbers are for normal sporting event capacity, not U2 360 tour with field GA capacity):

Commerzbank Arena Frankfurt DE - 52K
AWD Stadium Hannover DE - 49K
Stadium Horsens DK - 35K?
Olympic Stadium Helsinki FI - 42K
Luzhniki Moscow RU - 85K
Ernst Happel Stadium Vienna AT - 49K
Olympic Stadium Athens GR - 71K
Ataturk Olympic Stadium Istanbul TR - 76K
Olympic Stadium Munich DE - 69K
Stade De France Paris FR - 80K
Olympic Stadium Seville ES - 58K
Stadium Coimbra PT - 30K

(sorry if I got one or two wrong)

It seems the DK show only fits 10K seated, realy a strange place to perform this huge production (IMO)...

So it is definitely continental europe only?? Or might they announce UK dates later?? I really do hope so!!!!!

It's not clear whether this years subscription will cover presales for next year. Kinda getting the feeling they'll come back for a top up subscription fee or something.

Well it's definitely tied in with the new subscription offer with the Remix CD gift, but yeah no mention if old unused presale codes will still be valid.

2010_subimage_left.jpg

Don't they usually do a special renewal offer or do you always pay the same rate for renewal as new subscribers? (I can't remember)

They are accepting 2010 subscribers now though, so you actually would have your new presale code right now if you wanted to.

It seems the DK show only fits 10K seated, realy a strange place to perform this huge production (IMO)...
the wikipedia article is oddly worded. it says it has a capacity of 6-8k, but states 85k people attended with madonna played there. i doubt ga can fit the 75k+ differential there! i'm guessing it's due to denmark's use of long scales versus the short scales most (or at least english speaking countries) are familiar with (or is just a typo).

Last edited:
Do they really have to start the sales so early? Isn't it a bit too soon? It's in almost a year! :down:

Sell hundreds of thousands of tickets for hundreds of millions now, or wait another 6 months? Live Nation/Ticketmaster will want the cash now thank you very much:sexywink:

From what I read on U2.com (in the FAQs for the tour) if I understand it right

1) Unused pre-sale codes will still be valid
2) New pre-sale codes will also be issued to current subscribers
3) New subscribers (i.e. those who only sign-up to U2.com today (after the new tour dates announcement) will fall under a new category for the presale. Previously Boots subscribers were the last in line - now Boots subscribers can buy tickets on the last day of pre-sale date in the morning whilst the newest category of subscribers (called Magnificent) will have to wait until the pm.
4) Certainly for the forthcoming North American shows people with unused presale codes can buy the usual four tickets four/different shows with the old presale code and another 4/4 with the new code. Not sure about Europe though.

From what I read on U2.com (in the FAQs for the tour) if I understand it right

1) Unused pre-sale codes will still be valid
2) New pre-sale codes will also be issued to current subscribers
3) New subscribers (i.e. those who only sign-up to U2.com today (after the new tour dates announcement) will fall under a new category for the presale. Previously Boots subscribers were the last in line - now Boots subscribers can buy tickets on the last day of pre-sale date in the morning whilst the newest category of subscribers (called Magnificent) will have to wait until the pm.
4) Certainly for the forthcoming North American shows people with unused presale codes can buy the usual four tickets four/different shows with the old presale code and another 4/4 with the new code. Not sure about Europe though.

:up: Great. Hadn't read that far yet!

Those of you worried about places like the UK, Belgium, Italy, etc. missing out, there are more tour dates to come, and in particular note the big gaps in September.

As for those of us in the Southern Hemisphere, they should comfortably be able to get to Australia by November, with a series of South American dates mid/late October.

By the way, stats and shit: 2010 European tourdates - U2gigs.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom