2010 Leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More dates to be added yet anyway, no need to panic. How popular are u2 in Russia ? Does Germany really require these dates, I didnt think they were all that popular there.

The UK has had 8 dates anyhow and is a lot smaller than France, Germany and Spain

Hmmmmm:hmm: * dates for UK? I must have been comatosed as i thought UK had 5 u2 dates. Out of interest...where did the 3 secret gigs take place?

Also.....germany is a bigger population, France is roughly the same as UK and Spain is about 15M less people than UK!

The quantity of German dates is indeed baffling in light of how sluggish the sales for this year's two shows were.

I say Italy lacks a gig or two, where is Rome on this itinerary?

I'm willing to wager it's going to be announced for sometime in September 2010 between Istanbul on the 6th and Munich on the 15th.

More dates to be added yet anyway, no need to panic. How popular are u2 in Russia ? Does Germany really require these dates, I didnt think they were all that popular there.

No disrespect to Russians...but i think they will turn up en-masse to anything from the western world.....out of curiosity if nothing Else.
I too thought the Germans were being generously catered for on this tour. I think I would be right in saying 5 outdoor German dates is unheard off....for any act methinks! Even David Hasslehoff:lol:

The UK has had 8 dates anyhow and is a lot smaller than France, Germany and Spain

Keep in mind, U2 will naturally have somewhat higher demand in the Anglosphere, although the difference has been fading somewhat in recent years. English-speakers in non-Anglosphere countries are probably U2's best demographic right now.

I think I would be right in saying 5 outdoor German dates is unheard off....for any act methinks! Even David Hasslehoff:lol:

Popmart 2nd leg:

· 1997-07-27 - Cologne, Germany - Butzweiler Hof (23 songs)
· 1997-07-29 - Leipzig, Germany - Festwiese (23 songs)
· 1997-07-31 - Mannheim, Germany - Maimarkt (23 songs)
· 1997-08-18 - Nuremberg, Germany - Zeppelinfeld (23 songs)
· 1997-08-20 - Hannover, Germany - Expo Field (23 songs)

Plus a sixth in Austria.

Popmart 2nd leg:

Plus a sixth in Austria.

Didn't one of those German dates end up selling something like 19,000 tickets? Germany, interestingly, seemed to reject Pop as badly as the US did... the irony is that the sonic direction of Pop was very heavily influenced by Germany.

Popmart 2nd leg:

Plus a sixth in Austria.
:huh::reject:

my childhood mate now stays in Istanbul and has just offered me to stay at his if i wanna go over....hmmmmmm, bit too far for me.....unless i win lotto in between times:drool: Chances are slim tho!

GO! You'll love it, it's a great city, and the concert is sure to be unforgettable.

I'm willing to wager it's going to be announced for sometime in September 2010 between Istanbul on the 6th and Munich on the 15th.

I was thinking exactly the same, or maybe on it's way back to the Iberian Peninsula.

No its not....i dont have a passport:lol:

You don't need one, actually. The amount of times I've been to Berlin and back without a passport... 4 or 5 times that must be now.
Take the train from London to Paris. I'll bet a U2 ticket that you won't get checked.

I would love to go to Istanbul GPIII, but seriously, in my circumstances, short of winning the lotto, ad never be able to make it. I have been getting the urge to travel this year tho. Plus...i havent seen my mate for about 10 yrs. So...al just keep buying them Euro lotto tickets in the meantime and keep my fingers crossed!

You don't need one, actually. The amount of times I've been to Berlin and back without a passport... 4 or 5 times that must be now.
Take the train from London to Paris. I'll bet a U2 ticket that you won't get checked.
This might be a dumb question....but bear in mind,I have never been abraod or travelled anywhere really....but do you need a passport to travel within EU?

gman, you're in Europe, you've got access to all those low cost airlines, Ryanair, Easyjet etc etc. We should be fortunate to have that many airlines to choose from. Go for it!

Great with the tour news. A quick question: I bought the U2.com subscribtion 2 months ago and back then a pre-sale code was listed on the tour page. Now there is no code. Is this normal because a new pre-sale code is on the way or is it strange...

Was in the middle of sweet dreams about where to see the show (hmmm Moscow... hmmm Istanbul) and now I find myself a bit worried with hearing about all the mysteriuos ongoings at U2.com and all....

Popmart 2nd leg:

Plus a sixth in Austria.

That's true! And didn't they have a lot of trouble selling these shows out?
It's funny, it took so long to sell the German shows out, and they get another 3! Well, I am happy for all those fans! Also happy for the Turkish, Russions, Greeks and Finnish...they all deserve shows since they (almost) never got any...

But I want Amsterdam or ROTTERDAM shows!!! PLEEEEAAAASEEE

He will need one, due to the UK's stricter customs regulations. I took the Eurostar to Paris in July and had to present my passport to get onto the platform in London.

Hmmmmm:hmm: * dates for UK? I must have been comatosed as i thought UK had 5 u2 dates. Out of interest...where did the 3 secret gigs take place?

Also.....germany is a bigger population, France is roughly the same as UK and Spain is about 15M less people than UK!

Aplologies to all of Southern Ireland:shocked:

and France and Spain have had/will have had fewer concerts than Great Britain

might it have anything to do with soccer schemes? In august/september soccer competitions are busy in the whole of Europe...

That seems to be the likely reason, yeah.

But I want Amsterdam or ROTTERDAM shows!!! PLEEEEAAAASEEE

Is there a suitably sized Dutch stadium free at this time of the year? I'm surprised not to see a date there too, especially since I assumed the presence of only 2 Amsterdam dates this year instead of 3 to be a sure sign the band would return in 2010. Plenty of room to slot in a couple in September though ...

He will need one, due to the UK's stricter customs regulations. I took the Eurostar to Paris in July and had to present my passport to get onto the platform in London.

But you're not an EU citizen, so the rules might be different.

Come to think of it, I flew from Dublin to Heathrow in 2005, and never ended up going through any customs or border control of any sort on the British side... though I'm not sure if we accidentally ended up entering the UK illegally somehow. We did have to get our US passports stamped by French authorities before taking the Eurostar over to Paris.

GO! You'll love it, it's a great city, and the concert is sure to be unforgettable.

I was thinking exactly the same, or maybe on it's way back to the Iberian Peninsula.

I'll take that bet, and I guarentee you will lose. There is no way you can leave the UK without a passport, even to go Ireland and Brits don't need a passport to go there!

I would love to go to Istanbul GPIII, but seriously, in my circumstances, short of winning the lotto, ad never be able to make it. I have been getting the urge to travel this year tho. Plus...i havent seen my mate for about 10 yrs. So...al just keep buying them Euro lotto tickets in the meantime and keep my fingers crossed!

OK, let's see if I can convince you to go.
I know travelling costs, but if you've never been abroad, this is a great way of doing it. I don't know if you're a student or what work you do, but seeing you could stay with your mate that already saves you a lot of money. Plane tickets are cheaper than they've ever been, so Istanbul is just waiting for you to come down and visit. And trust me, it's dirt cheap. You can buy a big lunch for the equivalent of 1.50 pounds. You need a passport for Turkey (and for any kind of flight), but a passport takes 3 weeks max to get fixed. If you don't go to Turkey, then, well, the EU is a bit easier (well, not ALL EU contries, I don't think Latvia and Poland and Eastern Europe is as easy, but crossing with car or by train in Western Europe is very, very very easy. I can jump on a train in Copenhagen and get of in Paris the next morning, and not show my passport once on the journey. There is no border control within the western countries of the European Union, I've been in every country in Western Europe (except for Belgium), and I've never once had my passport checked. But that's on the ground. Flying is a different matter.

Anyway, if you've never been outside the UK, then get going, travelling is a wonderful thing, travelling to see U2 is even better, and it's never been cheaper or easier to travel in Europe than it is today.

I'll take that bet, and I guarentee you will lose. There is no way you can leave the UK without a passport, even to go Ireland and Brits don't need a passport to go there!

With the train? I took a boat to England three years ago, noone checked me.

Anyway, getting a passport is easy and you don't need a visa to go anywhere if you're an EU citizen.

With the train? I took a boat to England three years ago, noone checked me.

Anyway, getting a passport is easy and you don't need a visa to go anywhere if you're an EU citizen.

Maybe it was easy at your end, but you would have been checked leaving the UK. I've gone on the eurostar a few times and they always check you, just like at at an airport. I know how it is in mainland europe when nobody checks your passport but unfortunately it's very different here :-((

I'm inpressed with the list of dates, I'm happy to see them visit countries they rarely or never usually go to.
Istanbul? Is that their first ever gig in the middle east?

Oh and by the way Gman. it only takes a couple of weeks to get a passport, though you do have to go to a ridiculous interview....love your new avatar by the way!

Istanbul? Is that their first ever gig in the middle east?

Technically it's not the Middle East, especially since it's on the western side of the Bosphorus. They played Teheran in 1997.

An interview in order to get a passport?
It sucks to live in England it looks like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom