2010 Leg Announcement on u2.com now - TOUR DATES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received an email from Gillette Stadium asking me to take a survey about the concerts in Foxboro last month. One of the questions was "If U2 returned to Gillette Stadium in July 2010 would you purchase tickets?".

I looked but could not find any mention of this elsewhere - looks like they may be back at Gillette though next summer.

Just got the same email.

I've heard July 17 & 18 on various boards.

2010 European leg of 360 possibly ending in Ireland ?

Says Larry in this article My Fairytale of New York was about to end until Shane MacGowan rescued me - News & Gossip, Entertainment - Independent.ie

I ask if it's true that the band will be rounding off the phenomenal success of their 360° tour in their home country. "I'd like to finish it in Ireland . . . Personally I would love to play in Belfast. I don't know if we'll be able to achieve it but there have been talks."

Any particular time-frame in mind? "Maybe September," he says with a knowing smile.

Says Larry in this article My Fairytale of New York was about to end until Shane MacGowan rescued me - News & Gossip, Entertainment - Independent.ie

I ask if it's true that the band will be rounding off the phenomenal success of their 360° tour in their home country. "I'd like to finish it in Ireland . . . Personally I would love to play in Belfast. I don't know if we'll be able to achieve it but there have been talks."

Any particular time-frame in mind? "Maybe September," he says with a knowing smile.

Has no one told him his services are required in Portugal on October 2nd?!

Can't believe nobody else has commented on this yet. Also good to see that Larry at least still remembers that Belfast exists! Come on guys, talk to whoever you have to in order to make this happen! Play in a big open field if needs be - if you can play at a Swiss airfield next year then anything's surely possible.

I did post days ago, that Paul McGuinness said there was a possibility they might play Belfast. Looks like they're definitely trying to negotiate something there..

I just received an email from Gillette Stadium asking me to take a survey about the concerts in Foxboro last month. One of the questions was "If U2 returned to Gillette Stadium in July 2010 would you purchase tickets?".

I looked but could not find any mention of this elsewhere - looks like they may be back at Gillette though next summer.

I got that survey today, and made a point to comment on the crappy traffic situation leaving the venue and suggested they make the commuter rail available for large scale concerts.

:drool::drool::drool: PLEASE let Gillette be true! I jumped right out of my seat when I saw the question on the survey they sent me today :hyper:. I found this on one website:

June 19th, 2010 - Seattle, WA
June 22nd, 2010 - Oakland, CA
June 25th, 2010 - San Diego, CA
June 28th, 2010 - Denver, CO
July 1st, 2010 - Minneapolis, MN
July 3rd, 2010 - Green Bay, WI
July 3rd, 2010 - Cleveland, OH (2 shows in one day huh? :doh:)
July 8th, 2010 - Detroit, MI
July 10th, 2010 - St Louis, MO
July 13th and 14th, 2010- Miami, FL
July 17th and 18th, 2010 - Foxboro, MA
July 20th, 2010 - Philadelphia, PA
July 24th and 25th, 2010 - East Rutherford, NJ

They obviously give the disclaimer that it could be right or wrong not claiming at all they are official.

If those dates are to be correct, it will HOT as Hell in Maimi in the middle of July. I just saw them in in Tampa & it was a 105 degree heat index.

i have read these dates

and the group begin in Azteca Stadium of Mexico City.

For europe i have these rumours:
August 07 - Rome Italy
August 17 - Oslo
August 22 - St Petersburg Russia
August 28 - Prague
September 9 - Tel Aviv Israel
September 13 - Zurich
September 19 - Paris France
September 20 - Paris
September 21 - Brussels Belgium
September 24 - Lyon France
September 27 - Madrid Spain
October - Dublin
October - Belfast

i have read these dates

and the group begin in Azteca Stadium of Mexico City 30 MAY 2010

August 07 - Rome Italy
August 17 - Oslo
August 28 - Prague
September 13 - Zurich
September 20 - Paris
October - Dublin
October - Belfast

3 Paris dates and none in the UK? I don't like that rumour much.

(And for you pedants out there, I mean the UK mainland :p )

Just bought Paris tickets :lol: Now to negotiate with the missus since she said no way last night :doh:

Bet they go and announce some more shows now.

I still reckon they come back to Cardiff...

:drool::drool::drool: PLEASE let Gillette be true! I jumped right out of my seat when I saw the question on the survey they sent me today :hyper:. I found this on one website:

July 1st, 2010 - Minneapolis, MN
July 3rd, 2010 - Green Bay, WI
July 3rd, 2010 - Cleveland, OH (2 shows in one day huh? :doh:)
July 10th, 2010 - St Louis, MO
July 13th and 14th, 2010- Miami, FL

They obviously give the disclaimer that it could be right or wrong not claiming at all they are official.

Minneapolis on Canada Day would be perfect for me, I'd be driving down from Canada :wink:

If those dates are to be correct, it will HOT as Hell in Maimi in the middle of July. I just saw them in in Tampa & it was a 105 degree heat index.

It's not as hot in July as it is in August or September. I feel fortunate.
I can guarantee rain, however.

Minneapolis on Canada Day would be perfect for me, I'd be driving down from Canada :wink:

Plus their should be some Canadian dates to come as well no? The dates we've all been talking about for the US seem to have orignated from the eventful.com website.

If the Dutch are expected to hop the border over to Belgium or Germany, I don't see why those lazy Canadians can't too.

:lmao:

Plus their should be some Canadian dates to come as well no? The dates we've all been talking about for the US seem to have orignated from the eventful.com website.

I'm really hoping for Calgary too. I have family out there and would love to visit them and go to a show :D
Montreal would also be pretty cool, and another Toronto show :hyper:

I'm really hoping for Calgary too. I have family out there and would love to visit them and go to a show :D
Montreal would also be pretty cool, and another Toronto show :hyper:

Agreed Kristen. I was at Toronto 1 and it only made me want to go back again. Montreal would be even better as they have a fantastic crowd there (even though it's a longer trip for me). Although I've heard that the Claw may not fit into the Montreal Olympic Stadium... is there anywhere else nearby they can play?

I hope these are true!!!!!!

*marks mental calendar temporarily

Agreed Kristen. I was at Toronto 1 and it only made me want to go back again. Montreal would be even better as they have a fantastic crowd there (even though it's a longer trip for me). Although I've heard that the Claw may not fit into the Montreal Olympic Stadium... is there anywhere else nearby they can play?

Another Toronto show would rock :hyper:

I don't think there's any other stadiums nearby Montreal and Toronto.

i have read these dates

and the group begin in Azteca Stadium of Mexico City 30 MAY 2010

August 07 - Rome Italy
August 17 - Oslo
August 28 - Prague
September 13 - Zurich
September 20 - Paris
October - Dublin
October - Belfast

The June 22nd date in Oakland won't work because the A's are playing there that week. A good source told me that U2 will play Oakland between June 14-17 instead.

August 17 in Oslo won't work, either, as they will already play August 15 & 16 in Denmark. U2 haven't done three nights in a row on this tour so far, and I don't think they'll start next year.

August 22 in St. Petersburg is dubious... where would they play? Kirov Stadium was torn down a few years ago, and the new Zenit Stadium has suffered construction delays the past couple of years, pushing back its scheduled debut until possibly 2011.

The August 7th Rome date is likely, with another date there on August 6th.

If they are willing to return to Boston (where the second show didn't sell out), chances are pretty good that they return to Greater Los Angeles.

I'm still holding out hope for Angel Stadium, but I would be happy with the Coliseum (for nostalgia's sake).

I hope these are true!!!!!!

*marks mental calendar temporarily

Jesse, I'm going to do these cities too and that show on 7/25 is my birthday

still no dates for the UK next year, anyone know if they'll be doing anything in the UK next year, any possibility they might do Glastonbury?

If they are willing to return to Boston (where the second show didn't sell out), chances are pretty good that they return to Greater Los Angeles.

I'm still holding out hope for Angel Stadium, but I would be happy with the Coliseum (for nostalgia's sake).

i'd love to back to the coliseum :up:

-dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom