2003/2004 NHL Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where did everyone go? I would have thought there would have been countless more stabs at me by now! I'm in a much better mood today. I dare 'ya to try and get me going! :wink:

BTW, Chiz, I was just messing with you. I know you were kidding. :sexywink:

Are you just now realizing that your posts about the superiority of the Canucks to every NHL team ever drives people away? It's fine to have allegiance to a team, clearly we all understand that, but when it becomes "Mats Sundin clipped his fingernails today! How PHENOMINAL!!!!!" it gets to be a bit much. A good team is a good team, and yes the Canucks are a good team, but we like our teams, too, and want to talk about them in here without getting a "yeah your team did that, but look at MINE!" The Leafs may not be the most solid team since Christmas 2001, but I like them. The Blues don't have playoff success, but Mr. Chizip likes them. The Wild aren't doing well this season, but Lemon Meringue loves them still. We love our teams just as much as you love the Canucks.

Yes, thank-you for your reprimanding, officer. I do like, though, how you completely ignore all the trash talk last year that initially set up our rivalry. I don't think I'm entirely to blame...but we all need someone to blame, don't we? :sexywink:

is it just me or does it seem painfully obvious that "elite" is someone's alter and they're just trying to mess with griffiths?

or is it so obviously a joke that it's actually a real person?

IWasBored said:
is it just me or does it seem painfully obvious that "elite" is someone's alter and they're just trying to mess with griffiths?

or is it so obviously a joke that it's actually a real person?
I think either way, it's still a "real" person! :wink:

I still think it's a bit hypocritical for people to act like I'm the only one who is involved in these debates/arguments, etc. Afterall, it takes two (or three or four or five...) people to have an argument. If anything, it's everyone else who takes stabs at me rather than the other way around. Hmmm...who has it more fair - all of you (5 people against one) or me (against all of you)? And you wonder why I get defensive! I think it's super hypocritical that Elite neglects to mention all the jabs and stabs I receive about the Canucks on a continual basis just to get a reaction out of me. So I must ask...what do you (Elite and others) expect? Of course, this is par for course, but then to act like it's totally all my doing, is quite ridiculous to say the least. And you know it.

Fair enough. Jabbing is a fun part of rivalries/sports, so everyone does it. We could go back and find out who originally said what to whom but that would be pointless, no? But if you look, I never said anything about jabbing at one another. I said that nonstop posting about the superiority of a team, celebrating their every move, and any time anyone posts anything about their team talking about how the Canucks can do it bigger, better, and more consistently gets irritating.

Now, let's get over this and back to hockey.

Last edited:
Elite said:
Fair enough. Jabbing is a fun part of rivalries/sports, so everyone does it. We could go back and find out who originally said what to whom but that would be pointless, no? But if you look, I never said anything about jabbing at one another. I said that nonstop posting about the superiority of a team, celebrating their every move, and any time anyone posts anything about their team talking about how the Canucks can do it bigger, better, and more consistently gets irritating.

Now, let's get over this and back to hockey.

1) I don't care who started the rivalry. That wasn't my point. The point was (and is) that the rivalry exists due to everyone involved, not just me.

2) You falsely accuse me: I don't think I have ever jumped on anyone for posting about their team. The only time I ever compare the Canucks to someone else's team is if they've criticized the Canucks and have drawn me into some debate or argument. If anyone wants to celebrate their team, I'm all for it. If you don't want me to celebrate mine, then I have to ask why not? Do I detect a little jealousy? :sexywink:

3) I agree: let's get back to hockey.

Speaking of celebrations, let's hope the Avs/Canucks game tonight provides much reason to do exactly that...

naslund_b.jpg

Ah, you guys should simply kick back and enjoy my enthusiasm for the Canucks. If anything, I put myself out on the line to be ridiculed each and everytime I lavish them with praise. If they lose tonight, you can all point and laugh at me. Isn't that worth it? :wink:

Well, both Vancouver's goalies are injured... Cloutier (groin) and Hedberg (wrist). Consequently, Alex Auld of the Manitoba Moose is starting tonight! I have faith in the kid, though. This should be a great test for him!

I love it when Burnaby Joe comes home. Too bad Kariya couldn't have done the same. This will be one great game!

The.....Best.....Game.....Of.....The.....Year.....Period.

This is proof that lack of scoring isn't the problem in the league. It's the style of play. Despite being a 1-1 tie, this game had it all. Numerous chances, great goaltending, hard hitting, intensity, incredible moves by skilled players. After the game, the commentators said, "Forget the NHL changing the rules. Just send them a tape of this game!" I wish Vancouver and Colorado played each other all season long. The crowd gave a standing ovation after the game, even though it was a tie. How often do you see 10 shots in OT?

To give credit where credit is due, David Aebischer was brilliant, stopping 38 shots. The shots were 20-6 for Vancouver in the 3rd period alone!

If only the entire NHL played like that every night. AvsGirl - shame on you for missing this incredible game! :ohmy:

Michael Griffiths said:
The.....Best.....Game.....Of.....The.....Year.....Period.

This is proof that lack of scoring isn't the problem in the league. It's the style of play. Despite being a 1-1 tie, this game had it all. Numerous chances, great goaltending, hard hitting, intensity, incredible moves by skilled players.

Sounds a bit like the Wild V. Avalanche or Wild V. Vancouver games during the playoffs last year! :yes:

zoney! said:

Sounds a bit like the Wild V. Avalanche or Wild V. Vancouver games during the playoffs last year! :yes:
From a Wild's fan perspective, if I may, I would totally agree with you because you guys had each of us (the Canucks and the Avs) at your mercy with your game plan...even when you were down 3 games to 1. From a Canucks' fan perspective, though, it was really frustrating to play against that system. While the Wild/Canucks games have been very exciting, for different reasons, The Avs/Canucks games I've seen are also very exciting, also for different reasons. The Avs/Canucks match ups are exciting (for me, a Canucks fan), because they have much more deep forechecking (a lot less hanging back and waiting in the neutral zone) than the other matchups do... just a different type of hockey, that's all... I guess it's just a matter of personal preference in the end and which style your own team plays and wins with. The Wild are a very good team (they beat two great teams in the 1st and 2nd round, afterall), and one of the Canucks biggest adversaries. :up:

By the way Michael, I saw a report on the score about the progress of Aebischer in the shadow of the "great" patrick roy. James Cybulski ruined my night by likening his position to going on stage after u2.

:down:

Excellent game tonight Vs. the Sabres. Dowd scored the winning goal with about 23 sec. left on the clock. The team looked good in the first and third periods, but other than a pretty good fight they played flat in the second period. Gaborick is still playing rather tentatively.

End of report.

Tickets to a Saturday night game...priceless. :up:

how about tickets to a tuesday night game...

maybe it won't be as exciting...but i'll be there, the jersey will be there, you'll be there...

stuff could still happen!

Woo Hoo!

I saw myself cheering on the Wild playing fighting...Sabre got KO'd, then I thought to myself...what the hell am I cheering for? That guy just got ROCKED.

By the way....side note for cujo,,,you would have LOVED this man fight between Peters and Johnson. :up:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to WalkRon and Lemon Merengue for taking me and Hallelujahhereshecomes to the Wild game last night. I had a blast.

The Great Gabsy - The man who has come to fly above and beyond all who have come to play this game - was at Cub Foods?

Gabs is a great player, I must admit. He'll be on our 3rd line come April.

(Okay, maybe not.)

so, what Griffdawg is saying is that all the Canucks are ABOVE making appearances at Canuck's sponsors? The people who pay their salaries?

Meh. Maybe they are toooo elite for something like that.

I guess that's why the Avs are no longer an elite team.

They appear at Conoco Breakplace gas stations every year. Even Rob Blake did it last season. How far we have fallen.

Back
Top Bottom