(12-07-2006) U2, Grammy, Duh! - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2, Grammy, Duh!

It seems U2 can't do anything without getting nominated these days, and obviously the Grammys are no different. U2 has been nominated in the Best Pop Collaboration With Vocals category for its re-working of "One" with Mary J. Blige, a leading nominee this year. In the Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal category, U2 picked up another nomination for "The Saints are Coming," --yet another successful collaborative effort-- with Green Day.

In short, YAY!

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/37845164

Last edited:
Saints, Saints, Saints!

What great news for Music Rising. How cool it will be for New Orleans if it wins! I hope U2 and Green Day will perform it live.

Also, Tony Bennett got a nomination. And many other friends of U2 -- Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint, Arcade Fire, Bruce -- just to name a few. This is really nice news.

WOW! U2 could record Edge's fart and probably win something for it.

This is great news. Will this put them at 24 total?

And does this mean next year they'll be getting one for WITS?:wink:

Yes, and Carrie Underwood is nominated for Jesus, Take the Wheel which came out last year. Go figure with the Grammys -- they seem to bend the rules for whomever they like.

But we know they like U2. And since Windows isn't officially released until Jan. 1, never mind that it's on U218, that means it is eligible in 2008. At this rate, they'll still be earning Grammy noms when the next album comes out.

Personally I would love to see Greenday/U2 win for Saints that would be awsome, and the Peppers really need to win for Stadium Acradium. That album is amazing.

coemgen said:
WOW! U2 could record Edge's fart and probably win something for it.

This is great news. Will this put them at 24 total?

And does this mean next year they'll be getting one for WITS?:wink:

Yeah, it's two different categories, so they could get 2 more Grammys. :)

Cool! I hope they go and perform with Green Day. Or they could perform with Green Day and Mary J. simultaneously to save time. That would be interesting. :hmm:

:applaud:

This is great for Music Rising. Even with just the nomination. I can't imagine how amazing it will be if (when) they win! :up:

They performed One with MJB on this year's telecast (remember how horridly out of tune she was?) so that isn't likely to be repeated, thank the Lord.

BUT wouldn't it be great if U2 and Green Day perform with New Orleans musicians? Everybody can wear Music Rising t-shirts and all the guitarists can play MR guitars (perhaps they can make Adam and the GD bass player MR basses for the occasion.) And there could be a crawl telling how to donate to MR.

I remember the days when winning Grammies was a kiss of death. Why does it now indicate greatness? It's like Pavlov's dog.
People see the statuette, and immediately think a piece of music must be great. I also remember when U2 did not care about winning. Now they write songs for the little gold megaphone.

U2FanPeter said:
Arcade Fire are nominated for a 2007 Grammy with an album I bought in October 2004?

Well U2 are nominated for two 2007 grammies for a song that was recorded in 1991 and another song that was recorded in 1978.

i would love to see ESPECIALLY saints win it (if "one" gets anything else, it will encourage their hip hop side)

BUT, let's hope it works out

Back
Top Bottom