(11-09-2005) U2 in Oakland, Last Night - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 in Oakland, Last Night

The Edge and his merry brothers in U2 took Oakland by storm last night. Special thanks to the Set list Party peeps for keeping the party going all night long, especially Lila64 and Gorman. (Congrats to Axver on "One Tree Hill")

Here's what they played:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Mysterious Ways
5. Until The End Of The World
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (Snippet)
7. Beautiful Day
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Black Hills Of Dakota (Snippet)
10. Love & Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Father Abraham
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One/One Tree Hill snippet

ENCORES:

17. Zoo Station
18. The Fly
19. With Or Without You
20. All Because Of You
21. Yahweh
22. 40

I got up to go to the bathroom at 4am, and foolishly strolled over to my computer and looked at the setlist from Anaheim on u2tours.com...OH MY GOD!!! That woke me right the hell up! If they play that snippet (even the snippet...I think I might just pass out if they did the whole damn thing!) at 11/21, I shall be a happy, happy girl!!!

Party Boy said:
How much is a "snippet"? one verse, a couple of lines? Just lyrics or did it also include the music aswell?

It was in the spot where Old Man RIver has been (notice he didn't used the normal and not the hurricane line either in Streets...maybe they are moving on from that theme)...it would be more of a maxi- or extended snippet, so at least two verses! Music too, although it was difficult to tell on the feed.

I was there last night and Bono dedicated OTH to a girl named Lauren. They played it completely off the cuff. It was the only suprise of the show. The band had a lot of energy.
I was disapointed in the fact that the set list was very similar to the show in San Jose. The encore was exactly the same. I got into the ellipse and was very close to the front of the stage.

Damiam Marley was good as well.

:ohmy: Set list was very close to SJ.
Still missing CRUMBS But enjoyed Miss S. alot.
A friend said edge played a few notes but BONO wanted something else. Does BAD close tonight???
A full out OTH would be FN GREAT
Sound improved after or about Beatiful Day I think, but its OAKTown Arena, So help them LORD.

Diaman Marley was great um "could it be LOVE" I love the flag dude, can I stand on stage tonight and do a Old glory or whatever, HaHA
HIGHLIGHT was SBS and the young voice crying out "NO MORE" man it just makes you wonder what we could really do as ONE people.

Back
Top Bottom