(10-23-2006) The Hunt Is On! -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wondering that too - but I think since they've (u2.com) given the option to enter the answer they figure we have all the answers (or enough to make a good guess) so it's prolly good to go?!

Although I still don't have the option to enter when I go to that link...hmmm...think it's just my browser at work...I'll try when I'm home later.

2orangecats said:
Oh, now I see it -- 'have you got it' link -- it's on the home page -- but when you go there it's just a black section on the page...maybe it's my browser...? Any one else having any luck? :shrug:

PS - the link is on the member AND non-member sections so non-members can enter - I know some people were worried about that.... :wink:

I have a black section on the page as well (I'm a member)

BUT I logged out and if you log in as NOT A MEMBER, you can find the link!!!!

...interesting, isn't it?

Last edited:
2orangecats said:
Wondering that too - but I think since they've (u2.com) given the option to enter the answer they figure we have all the answers (or enough to make a good guess) so it's prolly good to go?!

Although I still don't have the option to enter when I go to that link...hmmm...think it's just my browser at work...I'll try when I'm home later.

Well, if you go to the "General Site" of u2.com, and look for Site Highlights, you can see the title:" Have you Got it?". Then you can click on it, and you find the whole article.

How picky are they going to be about capitalization and punctuation? For instance, are they going to accept "Let's go to Honolulu" over "LETS GO TO HONOLULU"? I would hate to lose because of an apostrophe.

zoodishbu said:
I know I skimmed the rules, but is it only one entry per person?

Was wondering the same thing. It allows you to enter more than once, but they may have it set up so that duplicate entries are removed......haven't found anything in the rules myself

Rachel D. said:
How picky are they going to be about capitalization and punctuation? For instance, are they going to accept "Let's go to Honolulu" over "LETS GO TO HONOLULU"? I would hate to lose because of an apostrophe.

I know, I was thinking about too! I think I'll do it without the apostrophe since we never found one as a clue?

Hopefully u2.com will include both answers when they scan for correct answers though!

:shrug:

shouldn't there be 18 letters? i wish I could have seen all of the banners. Damn my computer!

Well I have had NO luck whatsoever with the Australian and Norwegian sites..... I know some of you guys claim to have seen the banners on those sites, so I am trusting you with this one...
:eyebrow: Part of me wants to submit the answer now, but part of me wants to wait couple of more days to see of any other clues appear (for songs 17+18??). Anyway, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!

BGD75 said:
Well I have had NO luck whatsoever with the Australian and Norwegian sites..... I know some of you guys claim to have seen the banners on those sites, so I am trusting you with this one...
:eyebrow: Part of me wants to submit the answer now, but part of me wants to wait couple of more days to see of any other clues appear (for songs 17+18??). Anyway, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!

according to the mod over at u2.com he said the answer is: Let's go to honolulu. And that you can enter more than once.. Everyone over there has pretty much entered already.. including me..I enter twice tonite so far..

I don't think there are going to be any more clues.. in fact..here's his answer:
"you can enter more than once .....

and all the banners are out, there will be no banner for ...... '

as long as you put LETS GO TO HONOLULU in as your answer, or LET'S GO TO HONOLULU then you are correct

These mail outs are done by a program so they are not 100% reliable, not everyone will get them for one reason or another (I detest these programs with a passion because my mod-a** has to answer for it's mistakes!) but check those Junk folders and under the bedsheets, in the closet, out in the yard, in the trunk of your car, under your monitor, your mail, your neighbours mail...........

When all else fails just hide in the winners luggage

U2Fanatic4ever said:

according to the mod over at u2.com he said the answer is: Let's go to honolulu. And that you can enter more than once.. Everyone over there has pretty much entered already.. including me..I enter twice tonite so far..

Can you provide a link? I can't find this (I am a member). Also it seems a bit dubious that you can enter more than once. While I suppose this rewards dedication, it also rewards a computer program that can flood the system.

Thanks to everyone for pointing the ads out. I was away from the internet for 4 days and it's been a tremendous help, though I did figure on my own that the answer would be in order of the sites on u2.com.

I think I read this before, but I thought it was amended, however I still see on the Official rules.

ELIGIBILITY This competition is open to any legal resident of the UK (excluding; residents of Ireland).

why would this be part of the official rules, when you enter the contest you have to submit which country you are from
- i find this confusing

deirdre said:
I think I read this before, but I thought it was amended, however I still see on the Official rules.

ELIGIBILITY This competition is open to any legal resident of the UK (excluding; residents of Ireland).

why would this be part of the official rules, when you enter the contest you have to submit which country you are from
- i find this confusing

yeah that was an error on u2.com's part and they never removed it. The contest is open to everyone..

Varitek said:

Can you provide a link? I can't find this (I am a member). Also it seems a bit dubious that you can enter more than once. While I suppose this rewards dedication, it also rewards a computer program that can flood the system.

Thanks to everyone for pointing the ads out. I was away from the internet for 4 days and it's been a tremendous help, though I did figure on my own that the answer would be in order of the sites on u2.com.

its on the front page of the site (you don't have to be a member to enter) .. look at the top of the home page there is an article titled "Have you got it?" just click there and there will be a link to enter the competition.

Actually I was asking for a link to the multiple entry quote on the forum, which I generally don't read as it is hard to navigate and full of fluff. I've already entered the contest, but I want to know if it's worth my time to do it repeatedly. Usually things like this register one per person.

ok then.

but i saw the norweigan and australian ones, the triplem one is just very good at hiding. and it should be open to everyone - at least it is now.

Varitek said:
Actually I was asking for a link to the multiple entry quote on the forum, which I generally don't read as it is hard to navigate and full of fluff. I've already entered the contest, but I want to know if it's worth my time to do it repeatedly. Usually things like this register one per person.

here is the quote from the mod at u2.com...(if I post the link to the forum it will only take you to the front page cuz i'm logged in under my member name)

The quote says: "you can enter more than once .....

and all the banners are out, there will be no banner for ...... '

as long as you put LETS GO TO HONOLULU in as your answer, or LET'S GO TO HONOLULU then you are correct

These mail outs are done by a program so they are not 100% reliable, not everyone will get them for one reason or another (I detest these programs with a passion because my mod-a** has to answer for it's mistakes!) but check those Junk folders and under the bedsheets, in the closet, out in the yard, in the trunk of your car, under your monitor, your mail, your neighbours mail...........

When all else fails just hide in the winners luggage

I am almost 99.9% sure the grammatically it should be:

Lets go to Honolulu.

Over on U2.com there is conversation of telling people who only have a few posts under their user ID the WRONG ANSWER!!!!

Not very nice! :shame: :madspit:

I also entered more than once with no problem. Just because they were mean, I would love for some Interfacers to win!!!

as long as you have the right answer whether its lower/upper case, with or without commas etc it is correct.

well the only thing you can do is enter and hope for all the best. but yeah i would rather a TRUE u2 fan win than someone who has visited the site and just wants a trip and doesn't even like u2. and their computer does the drawing so its totally at random. i haven't been stopped from entering yet.

deirdre said:

- i find this confusing

I agree, I had the same thought....but despite this, I'm gonna send my answer, but only once...(I don't wanna cheat with multiply answers)

Edit1: it says "legal resident" of the U.K....Does it mean that you have to have a "legal address" and have to be registered as a resident in the UK., to take place??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom