(04-21-05)-Denver, Colorado- Setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salim117

The Fly
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Vertigo / Stories For Boys (snippet)
Elevation
Gloria
The Ocean
New Year's Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Running To Stand Still
Bad
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

encore(s):
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
All Because Of You
Original Of The Species

This is the best set so far!:rockon:

I wish they would squeeze Zoostation into that setlist! That is as perfect as it could get for this tour!

Does anyone know...what OOTS acoustic or was it full band?

It just seems like a shame for it not to be a full band version...same goes for Yahweh.

I'm a longtime fan and I just don't get why everyone is so geeked over Yahweh and OOTS. I'd take Crumbs and Zoo Station over those two tracks anyday. I think Yahweh is nice musically, but the chorus just kills me. I actually cringed when I saw the list of tracks for the record.

OOTS...what can I say. I just think it's over rated.

For the record, I say keep Yahweh in the set before 40. It works there. Throw OOTS in the set every once in a while because a lot of you like it, maybe alternate it with Walk On and All I Want is You on a rotating basis. Drop Pride in favor of Bad permanently for this tour. Drop elevation in favor of UTEOFW for this tour. Drop SBS for this tour and forever -- the meaning is diluted more each time it's played, in my opinion. Maybe play Crumbs in its place on this tour.

Like most of you, I'd like to see a wide range of changes -- The Unforgettable Fire, Wire, Exit, 11 O'Clock Tick-Tock, Electrical Storm and All I Want is You spring immediately to mind -- but realistically that's probably not happening. We can hope for few suprises, though, clearly...

Just my 0.02.

No Yahweh? :eyebrow: It's great that they added Gloria, The Ocean and Bad there. :up: I know I might be minority here but I would rather hear Yahweh than 40 if they had to not play one of those. I'm glad OOTS was played again, maybe that means that it will be a fixed song on the setlist but I hope they don't have to take Zoo Station out because of it. I woulden't mind loosing New Year's Day or Mysterious Ways to have Zoo Station there.

popmars said:

It just seems like a shame for it not to be a full band version...same goes for Yahweh.

OOTS was full band. Sounded good, it could use a bit more practice, and please emphasize the "bit" -- l enjoyed it.

why does the link off interference's home page for the show say that zoo station was in the set?

Is this the first time Electric Co. was dropped? Big mistake. Easily the best old song on this tour. Edge has been a madman on guitar with this one.

Obviously it's not going away permanently, but it should be played every night.

osuknick26 said:
why does the link off interference's home page for the show say that zoo station was in the set?

I don't know, but it is wrong. They did not play ZS last night - one glass of wine at dinner did not impair me.

Wishing for "Until The End Of The World" or "WHo's GOnna Ride Your Wild Horses" or "All I Want Is You" at the Seattle shows
Glad to see New Year's Day in the list...

I looked at this set and my jaw dropped. Hands down the most rounded of the tour so far - I CANNOT WAIT until MSG. I'm watching Slane right now as I'm typing this.....and pretty much singing at the top of my lungs. 29 days could not possibly go quick enough for me.

Amazing set, other than The Ocean and LAPOE not opening.

PLAY THIS A WEEK FROM TODAY.

lazarus said:
Is this the first time Electric Co. was dropped? Big mistake. Easily the best old song on this tour. Edge has been a madman on guitar with this one.

Obviously it's not going away permanently, but it should be played every night.

No, they cut The Electric Co. at the first Anaheim and second Phoenix shows.

I agree with you. It most certainly should be a staple and permanently on the set. It sounds so bloody incredible, like it never left.

popmars said:

It was full band. Bono goes, "We've only played this song as a band once, so if we screw it up, blame the Edge." Which I thought was pretty funny. :)

There was definitely no Zoo Station. And I don't recall hearing even a snippet of Stories for Boys at the end of Vertigo. Have not gone completely deaf from overuse of iPod... yet... maybe am just insane??

Last edited:
pookersmom said:

It was full band. Bono goes, "We've only played this song as a band once, so if we screw it up, blame the Edge." Which I thought was pretty funny. :)

I missed it, but Edge did screw up! My wife saw him miss some notes and he laughed and shook his head.

I think somebody asked if Bono played guitar on OOTS, but I do not think he did. He just sang, and Edge did just keyboards. I think Edge should do this song New Year's Day-style. He could play the keyboard until the chorus, and then switch to guitar. Or clearly he needs to teach Bono to play his guitar part on the chorus. Ha! It was still pretty good without guitar though.

TheDuchessOfNY said:
Wishing for "Until The End Of The World" or "WHo's GOnna Ride Your Wild Horses" or "All I Want Is You" at the Seattle shows
Glad to see New Year's Day in the list...

UTEOTW is a definate possibility. The other ones are probebly not going to happen though, especially Wild Horses.

pookersmom said:

And I don't recall hearing even a snippet of Stories for Boys at the end of Vertigo. Have not gone completely deaf from overuse of iPod... yet... maybe am just insane??

There were no "Stories For Boys" lyrics in Vertigo 4/21. You are not insane! :)

Back
Top Bottom