(01-31-2006) That Was 2005 That Was (Larry's Take) -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com/site_highlights/images/223_main1.jpg[/SIMG]
That Was 2005 That Was (Larry's Take)

This is how Larry looked back on the year ­ and he drew us a very cool self-portrait too.

What was the best show of 2005?
There hasn’t been one best show – I’d have to say that it’s probably the best tour we’ve ever done … Best tour we’ve ever been on… I ‘d say hands down that this is it. How is the show different than when you started the show in San Diego?
We’re in a different gear now. San Diego was definitely the best opening of a tour we’ve ever had. When we started the first leg we were changing the set list around and then when we got to Europe – we changed the set again and put in older songs. By the time we came back to North America it felt like we could do whatever we wanted – it became easier to just throw songs in; covers and songs we never play.

What has been the highlight of your tour thus far?
I think, if I’m to be honest, it’s having done 100-plus shows and I feel like we played every show like it might be our last and every time the audience responded like it might be their last U2 show. There’s a sense of real achievement when you come to the end of a tour and you feel like you’ve won the World Cup.

A recent review in a British Magazine described you as having a face of someone swallowing piss… How do you feel about that?
It made me laugh out loud. And the thought crossed my mind that if I see another one of those signs with SMILE LARRY I might have to use some of my drum sticks for more than drumming. Sadly for me I’m not a multi-tasker. I can only concentrate on one thing at a time. And for 25 years it’s been hitting things. And when I master that I promise I’ll smile and wave and set up my own charity.

223_main1.jpg

--U2.com

A recent review in a British Magazine described you as having a face of someone swallowing piss… How do you feel about that?
It made me laugh out loud. And the thought crossed my mind that if I see another one of those signs with SMILE LARRY I might have to use some of my drum sticks for more than drumming

:lol:

Amen Larry, amen!

I hate being told to smile :angry:

A recent review in a British Magazine described you as having a face of someone swallowing piss… How do you feel about that? It made me laugh out loud. And the thought crossed my mind that if I see another one of those signs with SMILE LARRY I might have to use some of my drum sticks for more than drumming. Sadly for me I’m not a multi-tasker. I can only concentrate on one thing at a time. And for 25 years it’s been hitting things. And when I master that I promise I’ll smile and wave and set up my own charity.

Awww... Larry! :cute:

Last edited:
I love Larry! :up:

He does have a beautiful smile, but I don't need to see it when he is drumming. I'm way to busy anyway listening to the music. And I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one of his drumsticks. :wink:

And when I master that I promise I’ll smile and wave and set up my own charity.

This part made me laugh out loud. Larry definetly has a good sense of humor about it all.

KUEFC09U2 said:
oh god no, larry said it might be there last tour!"2""!!22"
:wink:

just a little joke

:lol:

Now we'll be seeing this mangled quote: Larry Mullen said, "I feel like we played every show like it might be our last and every time the audience responded like it might be their last U2 show." He also said, "I'd say hands down this is it."

dsmith2904 said:
I think, if I’m to be honest, it’s having done 100-plus shows and I feel like we played every show like it might be our last and every time the audience responded like it might be their last U2 show.

Sadly for me I’m not a multi-tasker. I can only concentrate on one thing at a time. And for 25 years it’s been hitting things. And when I master that I promise I’ll smile and wave and set up my own charity.

Now I have to brace my email account for another round of news alerts that U2 is going to stop touring because Larry is too involved in his charity. :rolleyes:

I have always said those stories about Larry being the grumpy one have to stop. He really is the most polite and well spoken gentleman - and he does smile.

I can only concentrate on one thing at a time. And for 25 years it’s been hitting things. And when I master that I promise I’ll smile and wave and set up my own charity.

:lmao: :hug: :larry: :hug:

Classic Mullen. :up:

Achtung_Bebe said:
I hate it when people tell me to smile, too... it's like, I have freedom over my own face :p

Same here. I don't appreciate the Facial Expression Police demanding that I smile. What am I, a performing animal? I have to change my facial expression upon your command? :eyebrow:

What a fabulous artist :lol: Larry always cracks me up..

I agree with Miroslava.. I hate being told to smile. Too bad I don't have a drumstick in my hand whenever that problem comes up :wink:

I think Larry's drawing of himself is perfect!

Great article too. :wink:

"By the time we came back to North America it felt like we could do whatever we wanted – it became easier to just throw songs in; covers and songs we never play."

that's a pretty odd statement right there.... is larry trying to get me to start start a set-list bitch thread in the news section?

sue4u2 said:
Smile Larry Smile.. :)
*puts on catchers mitt to receive drumstick projectile :giggle:*

:rockon: Larry :drool: :)

Hey.. that'd probably be a clever way of obtaining one of his drumsticks.. :hmm:

*makes mental note to bring 'SMILE LARRY' sign at next show*

kafrun said:

Hey.. that'd probably be a clever way of obtaining one of his drumsticks.. :hmm:

*makes mental note to bring 'SMILE LARRY' sign at next show*

Poor, misunderstood Larry. :sigh: :sexywink:

He really dug my "Larry I Have Two Words For You (flip sign over) - Happy Birthday" sign :lol:

And we also got a few smiles and laughs out of our drumstick begging ones back in the day. :larry:

Back
Top Bottom