Boston #4 setlist party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This only confirms my suspicion that out of all songs, One just might be the one (unintended pun) song that Bono is really, really bored singing. That and With or Without You, unless it goes into a Bongolese Shine Like Stars improv at the end.

This only confirms my suspicion that out of all songs, One just might be the one (unintended pun) song that Bono is really, really bored singing.
I think you're right. Given that it hasn't been played at every show on this tour, after being played at every show from Zoo TV to 360°, makes me think that he's bored of singing it, or bored because he can't play guitar.

My only concern about Hawkmoon is Bono singing the last verses in the upper range. I don't know that he's got the oomph for it anymore.

So I'm on board with #asignofhomecoming :wink:

I went to BOS 3 and BOS 4, my only shows of this tour. Was hoping to hear BAD... didn't seem like too much to ask. But, sigh, nope.

There is no chance Bono would be able to remember all the words to Hawkmoon. He could barely remember OL and that song had like 5 words and he just wrote it. Granted, Hawkmoon is better, but no way.

Benefit #9,287 of doing rotating set lists: hard to get bored of playing the same songs over and over again if you aren't playing the same songs over and over again

There is no chance Bono would be able to remember all the words to Hawkmoon. He could barely remember OL and that song had like 5 words and he just wrote it. Granted, Hawkmoon is better, but no way.

Perhaps FazeCraze's point shows why there's not any substantial variation from night-to-night.

Bono has cheat sheets on the e-stage and teleprompter on the main stage.

You forgot to add the lady they hired especially for Bono , whom is running around with an Ipad, with lyrics on it.

all this and yet... HE STILL FORGETS:angry::sexywink:

You forgot to add the lady they hired especially for Bono , whom is running around with an Ipad, with lyrics on it.

all this and yet... HE STILL FORGETS:angry::sexywink:
How do I get that job?!?! I wouldn't even need the iPad. I would have loved to have seen that posting on LinkedIn.

Am I the only one who gets all the feels from the big group hug feel of seeing/hearing/participating in 20,000 people singing along to One?

Buncha friggin' haters, I tell you what.

I like it too. Especially in Boston when he linked it to the marathon bombing and people were all misty eyed and the drunk Boston bros in GA all had their arms around each other going "We're ONE but, we're not the same. We gotta carry EACH OTHER!"

Sniff...

Am I the only one who gets all the feels from the big group hug feel of seeing/hearing/participating in 20,000 people singing along to One?

Buncha friggin' haters, I tell you what.

This was one of my favorite moments from last night's show. :heart: It was like being 'hugged' by a wall of sound, 20,000 strong! Not sure if it was planned that way but it was a very moving and inspiring moment, nonetheless. Glad I got to be a part of it. :hug:

Yep. Again, like much of the tour, this is something that the majority of the people that see it in person had no problem with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed - I saw all of the Boston shows and had no problem at all with One, especially when it was followed by 40 : )

And as far as varying the setlists, I think like almost all of their tours, there is a core element that is a "show" where the new album is conveyed along with other elements of the presentation. As usual, it is an emotional journey and this time it is very personal with the SOI material (which I thought was spectacular). This time, I think they have also allowed more opportunities to switch things up - in the opening (usually the second song), at the Estage and during the encores.

Desire (snippet) / ASOH

Lover, I'm off the streets
I'm gonna go where the bright lights
And the big city meet
With a red guitar, on fire
Time to heal, 'desire' time
And your earth moves beneath your own dream landscape.

Nobody will suspect a thing :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom