Opening act?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not so fast there, Coachella lineup just came out and she is playing it, so she is fair game again...

I was surprised to see that. She just cancelled the Laneway festival and it wouldn't 100% surprise me if Coachella was cancelled for her since it's happened in the past years where acts drop off within 48 hours.

I was surprised to see that. She just cancelled the Laneway festival and it wouldn't 100% surprise me if Coachella was cancelled for her since it's happened in the past years where acts drop off within 48 hours.

But, the gigs she canceled are this month while Coachella is in April so it's probably the kind of thing where she just needs to take it easy for a couple of months.

But, the gigs she canceled are this month while Coachella is in April so it's probably the kind of thing where she just needs to take it easy for a couple of months.

"unfortunately tour life has caught up with me and it's been recommended that I take [a] break. I'm devastated but I know I will return."

Does this 48 hour old quote from her sound like someone knowing they have plans for shows in LA and with U2?

IMO, Coachella had a months contract with her and put her on the poster as a bluff to see if she would cancel or not.

They are from your backyard! Nice to see some hometown support! :)

Yeah, it's nice when one of your favorite bands in from where you live. I have seen Manchester Orchestra about 15 times the last 7 or 8 years. They play 2-3 shows every year in Atlanta. Love to see them get the exposure of playing with U2.

I never even entertained the thought of killing myself at a U2 concert. That would certainly push me over the Edge.

Pun not necessarily intended but leaving it in for the sake of it.

U2 should kick it old school with Simple Minds (still a great live band!)

Just a side note , that this particular festival in performance at Torhout-Werchter. Is by far their best ever.
They played new gold dream together with them as a but but their own set was killing it. Better quality audio and video is available on youtube.
But thanks from bringing this up. I always enjoy watching this, time and time again.

I was thinking Haim would be cool, but they just hitched their wagon to Taylor Swift.

Maybe announcing some decent opening acts would help ticket sales.

Maybe no self respecting bands will tour with U2 now because they're so mad about them giving away their album.

I'd love to see Noel Gallagher open!! I actually don't know many current bands. Broken Bells would be a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Just a side note , that this particular festival in performance at Torhout-Werchter. Is by far their best ever.
They played new gold dream together with them as a but but their own set was killing it. Better quality audio and video is available on youtube.
But thanks from bringing this up. I always enjoy watching this, time and time again.

Yeah, it would be great to see them play New Gold Dream together again. If you get a moment, Simple Minds have got their mojo back. Check out their album "Big Music," plus they are still great live...

Sent from my HTCONE using U2 Interference mobile app

I'd like to see Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. Their new album comes out early March so they will want to support it. Gaslight Anthem would be a great choice IMO as well. Oh, and Spoon too.

Can strike Noel Gallagher as a possibility for at least the early part of the N. American tour (and the last part probably too since he's playing NYC twice already in May and June), as he announced N. American dates for May through early June.

Back
Top Bottom