Giants Stadium 2 ! Set List Party 9/24/09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That, apparently, is all for Muse (maybe I missed something?). Now we play the waiting game for U2. Prob on-stage in ~45 mins.
4 minutes ago from web

rumor has it Mofo will be played acoustically after Stuck in a moment. :wink:

i said before i was gonna do it. here is something i just threw together off the top of my head in < 5 min. ACOUSTIC MOFO!!!!

only 1:30 but should be a hoot enjoy :lol:

*edit, oops cant post YSI links, too bad :sad:

The unfortunate thing is that Mofo was soundchecked numerous times last tour, with Disco and, before the fourth leg, Velvet Dress. I'm trying not to get my hopes up... too much...

I would say that is the correct approach. Anything is possible, but a full band just about any song U2 will rehearse it several times before even thinking of putting it in the show. Yesterday it was reported that Bruce soundchecked "She's The One" before U2's soundcheck yesterday. I don't remember Bruce playing that last night. :shrug: ;)

That being said, they have obviously been thinking of the song over the last two tours. So you never know, it may turn up on this tour. It certainly fits the stage. Then again so does Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me and they haven't rehearsed it yet!!! :(

I just had an amazing idea. In keeping with the tradition of the Dalton Brothers, U2 should open for themselves - under a pseudonym - and play in that set a bunch of rarities that only Blue Crack types care about. Maybe songs that they really like from that set can move up into the 'real' set, and songs like Electrical Storm that they don't like in the 'real' set can be moved down. The set would only have to be nine-ten songs long, and wouldn't need any of the real flow or or theatrics or whatever that the 'real' show demands - just the music (much as I do love flow and theatrics).

:drool:

It appears it wasn't Bruce soundchecking it, it was U2 and they did play it.

I know they did, but Bruce did not, thats my point. How do you mistake Bono for Bruce?? My "guess" is that they played a tape of Bruce over the PA for U2 to listen to before they rehearsed it. Thats my point. You just never know what is really going on unless you are right there watching and listening.

They used the same approach with some of their own songs. On Vertigo they played Please live from Mexico City tape over the PA several times before attempting to play it in soundcheck.

I just had an amazing idea. In keeping with the tradition of the Dalton Brothers, U2 should open for themselves - under a pseudonym - and play in that set a bunch of rarities that only Blue Crack types care about. Maybe songs that they really like from that set can move up into the 'real' set, and songs like Electrical Storm that they don't like in the 'real' set can be moved down. The set would only have to be nine-ten songs long, and wouldn't need any of the real flow or or theatrics or whatever that the 'real' show demands - just the music (much as I do love flow and theatrics).

:drool:

This may be the greatest post I have ever read on Interference. Phenomenal!

I know they did, but Bruce did not, thats my point. How do you mistake Bono for Bruce?? My "guess" is that they played a tape of Bruce over the PA for U2 to listen to before they rehearsed it. Thats my point. You just never know what is really going on unless you are right there watching and listening.

When you're listening from faraway, in a parking lot, with highways all around you, it's very possible to mistake Bono for anyone. I assume that people who heard the soundcheck just assumed it was Bruce since there was so much speculation that he would be there.

OK folks, Predict-a-set time. Breathe or Magnificent to open? Hoping for Magnificent... or in a more ideal world, NLOTH.

less than 20 seconds ago from web

Magnificent to open, Breathe to be played 2nd, NLOTH to stay back in the set, UC to return after NLOTH, MoFo NOT to premier, however ES will be in - Hot tip

When you're listening from faraway, in a parking lot, with highways all around you, it's very possible to mistake Bono for anyone. I assume that people who heard the soundcheck just assumed it was Bruce since there was so much speculation that he would be there.

Well, not trying to argue, but that is exactly my point. Maybe it wasn't Mofo, or maybe it was tape of Mofo being played if its that tough to hear it clearly. :shrug:

Like I said, it may turn up, but take it with a grain of salt. They work on a lot of stuff in soundcheck that never surfaces in a show, unfortunately! Things also get misheard (is that a word?) or inaccurately reported with the net.

I wouldn't mind if they did a Breathe/Mag alternating opener for every other night. Any little change for 2-night cities is good with me. Keeps things fun.

Well, not trying to argue, but that is exactly my point. Maybe it wasn't Mofo, or maybe it was tape of Mofo being played if its that tough to hear it clearly. :shrug:

Like I said, it may turn up, but take it with a grain of salt. They work on a lot of stuff in soundcheck that never surfaces in a show, unfortunately!

While I agree with the sentiment of both of you (and I think you both agree anyway!) Why ON EARTH would they play a tape of moFo????!!

Bono must have Mofo on the brain. He snippeted that one line from it like two concerts in a row now during COBL. If they truly rehearsed it today, maybe someone has been pestering him about playing the song. :lol:

While I agree with the sentiment of both of you (and I think you both agree anyway!) Why ON EARTH would they play a tape of moFo????!!

Look at my prior post about Please on the Vertigo tour. Like I said, it does appear to be on their mind. We will know either tonight or in the next week or two I guess.

Like I said, it may turn up, but take it with a grain of salt. They work on a lot of stuff in soundcheck that never surfaces in a show, unfortunately! Things also get misheard (is that a word?) or inaccurately reported with the net.

Look at my prior post about Please on the Vertigo tour. Like I said, it does appear to be on their mind. We will know either tonight or in the next week or two I guess.

I think they're getting ready to make things right in Raleigh... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom