July 24, 25, 27- Croke Park Discussion Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always keep my camera with me. I've had film lost before (remember back in the day before digital cameras?!!) and that was devastating to have happen after a wonderful vacation or personal event in your life to lose the photos!

That's smart to carry the jeans and hoodie Laura. I'm gonna kind of do the same. I've got a cab picking me up at 4am for a 6am flight but I'll have a fair amount of walking at my stop over and it'll probably be stuffy and warm there and on the plane, so I wanna be prepared to change at any point to stay comfy. I'm not a happy camper if I'm uncomfortable while travelling. Plus who knows what weather we'll be met with landing in Dublin!

I have mine in a place by my closet and I also made a list for packing. That way I can check stuff off after I pack it. I always do this so I don't forget anything

What about this for a misleading headline!

U2 fans in fury as Claw stage axed for Dublin concert:

A major row has broken out in Ireland over U2's upcoming shows.

The band - who made an explosive start to their world tour in Barcelona last week - were expected to showcase the "Claw" stage which gives fans a 360° view.

However, it emerged last night that only three sides of Croke Park will be used for the concert.

The famed Hill 16 will be left empty.

Fed-up fans have appealed to the band to change the layout.

The "Claw" stage wowed fans in Barcelona as it allowed the band to play to all sides of the Nou Camp stadium.

However, the Dublin concert will not feature the full effect as the stage is not being built in the center of the pitch.

Instead, the stage be built in front of Hill 16 which will act as an unofficial backstage area and will not be open to fans.

Officials at Croke Park, the home to Ireland's GAA, say that fans will not be deprived of the Barcelona experience.

However, that remains to be seen.

Extra tickets for the three sell-out Dublin concerts, which take place on the 24th, 25th and 27th of this month, went on sale in Ireland today.

The tour has sold 2.5 million tickets in Europe and North America so far and the 160,000 tickets for the first two Croke Park concerts sold out in just 40 minutes

What about this for a misleading headline!

No kidding. :down:

I assume Hill 16 is behind the stage?
2005_0625_202053.JPG

I belive so, but the headline would make people belive that the band are going to be using a totally different stage etc,

SO I've been getting my toiletries together, on the airline and tsa website it says one clear bag with toiletries per passenger Im going to assume they are talking about liquids??? anyone know?

If you've got hold baggage then there are no restrictions at all- if you want to take it in cabin then there will be-

it obviously depends on what facilities your airport has to offer but if I were you I wouldn't bother trying to get it past security, once you're past the security checkpoint you can buy what toiletries you need in the departure lounge and take it on board the plane without any problems at all- it's just alot less aggravation

and having been stuck in interminable queue hell at Orlando International Airport (both arriving & departing) I can sympathise with that comment Carek1230

Anyone for a round of Golf in Dublin - July 26th or 27th?

I am planning on playing a round of golf in Dublin while I am there for the shows - thinking of either July 26th or 27th. Looking for some other players. If interested, PM me or e-mail at jtw507@hotmail.com

A guy that I'm trading tickets with suggested The Stag's Head as a good bar to go to prior to the show. But I think it's not quite in Temple Bar. They have live music Thur-Sun. Should be a fun atmosphere. Are you all staying in Temple Bar? I'm staying in the Drumcondra region, which is close to Croke Park but quite a distance from the city center. I wanted to see if there is anyone else staying around my area?

The Stags Head works for me too. I am sure all the pubs and clubs will be packed.

It doesn't matter to me where we meet up at. Just pick a place and time and I'll be there.

Sooo... I just found out tonight that apparently my b&b host gave away the room that I had already reserved because she said I didn't confirm it!!! :madwife::madwife::madwife::madwife::mad:

What madness is that??? I gave her my credit card number and all when I booked in March, and now she thought that because I didn't confirm it, she could just give the room away?? Where can I find a room for a decent price now?? Every hotel is either fully booked or so far out (like in Tallaght) or charge ridiculous price. This is insanity... I'm going to have to spend my day tomorrow making calls all over Dublin to see if there's any place with room left! I'm so upset! Anybody have any suggestions?

Last edited:
14 sleeps to Dublin departure...19 sleeps to Croke I :hyper:

Anyone in for meet-up at Guiness Storehouse Gravity Bar Thurs. 23rd at 2:00 p.m.?....

Have we sorted out meet-up on night of 23rd?...

Not all pubs in Dublin stay open late (past 11:00 p.m.) so lets make sure we pick something with late closing...I managed to snag a ticket for Leonard Cohen at Dublin O2 on the 23rd so will be getting to wherever we decide late...

Save me a seat at one of the tables and I'll buy the table a round! (Besides I need to make sure and buy lauramullen a bday pint).

I'll have to touch base and make note of these meet ups or exchange numbers with someone since I'll be staying with someone I won't really have much control over getting places, depending on them for transportation and all. :hmm:

vjacqb...Sorry to read about your B&B issue...That kind of crap went on in Waikiki for the Hawai'i Vertigo closer...Wish I knew more about Dublin hotels...

You might try Hotels, hotel reservations, from luxury to cheap hotels - venere.com (sort of like european expedia) but very good, reliable site..They might have something...

Keep us informed and maybe all this good U2 karma will be able to help you find something...

Sooo... I just found out tonight that apparently my b&b host gave away the room that I had already reserved because she said I didn't confirm it!!! :madwife::madwife::madwife::madwife::mad:

What madness is that??? I gave her my credit card number and all when I booked in March, and now she thought that because I didn't confirm it, she could just give the room away?? Where can I find a room for a decent price now?? Every hotel is either fully booked or so far out (like in Tallaght) or charge ridiculous price. This is insanity... I'm going to have to spend my day tomorrow making calls all over Dublin to see if there's any place with room left! I'm so upset! Anybody have any suggestions?

Om that would really chuff me for sure. I'd maybe try the message boards here...Zootopia just for starters to see if there's anyone willing to share a room with. Some of the travel websites offer last minute bookings. Wow I'm really sorry about that. Keep in touch here, I'm sure U2 Karma will help you find something so don't give up!

When will you be arriving in Dublin? I have a double room at a hostel that I am not sharing. Let me know when you will be arriving and if needed you can share with me.

I confirmed my room a few weeks ago.

Reading this is making me nervous. I booked my trip through a travel agent, though I got a hotel. When I paid the final balance she said nothing about confirming a room. Maybe I should email the hotel just in case.

Thanks, scolson, I tried venere and couldn't find too many places with rooms for my dates... And thanks for the support, everyone!

When will you be arriving in Dublin? I have a double room at a hostel that I am not sharing. Let me know when you will be arriving and if needed you can share with me.

I confirmed my room a few weeks ago.

Oh Iris, thank you so much for your offer :hug: but I'd already made another arrangement by the time I read your post. I will be arriving in Dublin on July 23.

I spent last night and a better part of this morning trying to find other b&b in the area, and came up with nothing.

However, my original b&b host emailed me this morning (I made her feel bad about giving my room away) and said she was able to get her friend to accommodate me in their guesthouse with the same price for the 5 nights I'd booked. She gave me their information so I can call them. I was suspicious at first, because I'm pretty sure I emailed/called just about every place in Drumcondra and came up empty.

So I called them up and talked to the lady. Her story is that she hasn't been operating their guesthouse for a while because they had to care for her recently passed mother. But she said they can take me in for this exceptional situation. I will be the only guest in the house. I think I'm getting a better deal here with a twin room, and private accommodations...

But I am a bit anxious about the whole thing because I will be traveling solo, and now I can't even check out the place on the web to see other people's reviews, etc... She gave me the address, and the place is quite close to Croke Park, around the area of my original b&b. The lady sounds very nice on the phone.

Obviously I'd rather stay with a fellow U2 fan, since our itinerary is probably going to be so similar... :D but I've already made that commitment. But it's so nice of you to jump in and offer that. If I get to the guesthouse and I get a bad feeling about my new hosts, I may still take you up on that.

If I don't show up for our meet-up.... :shifty: notify somebody, would you...

Try a travel agent. We have access to companies that have rooms in bulk. It is worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom