June 4th, 2011 - Qwest Field, Seattle, WA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey charmer,

When did you go for the donut and how come you never asked if I wanted one? Hey, wait a sec, thats no donut. Its a "tag" that you're carefully balacing on your lower lip. :lol:

NICE!!!!:heart: Were you up there? Were people really shaking the stands? I couldn't tell on the floor!

We were in the 2nd to last row at the very top (301 section - NE)! The level was shaking pretty good through out the night. We were all just dancing and singing! Pre-show the upper levels sent a wave around at least 3 times! Talking about a blast from the past!

@Orca -- absolutely!

@trojanchick99, Thora, romi - Thanks! I'm surprised that they turned out since I was using a point & shoot and my phone. I noticed some the people around us had their "big" cameras - wish I would have brought mine!

:lol: How is it possible you're the ONLY ONE taking a picture at that moment? That's hilarious. Usually it's such a sea of cameras.

Because I'm apparently the BIGGEST NERD IN THE ENTIRE INNER CIRCLE. LOL

Either that or THE MOST AWESOME.

:D

It's actually a really cool picture!

You can just do a print screen and paste it into MS Paint, and then crop from there.

Not that I ever do that with pictures from Flickr. :shifty:

It's actually a really cool picture!

You can just do a print screen and paste it into MS Paint, and then crop from there.

Not that I ever do that with pictures from Flickr. :shifty:

Cheater! Haha! I really want to make sure I'm legit, he seems like an actual photographer guy, so maybe I can get a good quality file from him. Seems like he's up to it, I've already got a response from him. :applaud:

Tagged myself (Tony Hell). I'm right behind some guy (Patrick Chidsey) who's wearing the grey U2 shirt. His left arm is covering part of my face. He's right in front of the stage on Edge's side. I'm doing a fist pump with my black Zoo Tv Tour shirt! Yeah!!!

...and now i have TWO tags. :lol:

anybody break down and order one of the portraits?

We were in the 2nd to last row at the very top (301 section - NE)! The level was shaking pretty good through out the night. We were all just dancing and singing! Pre-show the upper levels sent a wave around at least 3 times! Talking about a blast from the past!

I noticed that people were up and dancing on the top level from the floor because you all were sillouetted against the sky up there so I am sure Bono saw you all swaying and dancing.. it was very obvious! I wondered if the stands would shake! Isn't that weird? In Hawaii I swear I thought the stands were going to fall down on us. We were in the 100 level and the place was rocking. It was incredible, but not like Seattle. There was an energy in the air that was electric and the band could feel it! :heart: I loved it when Bono said we were incredible people! :cute::heart:

Amazing video U2 Seattle Phenominal Energy! Have not seen one like it!

Have you seen a shot like this one? It is an amateur camera but the energy and elements from this one camera of the performance are simply amazing! Check it out let me know what you think.
Enjoy! Beautiful Day 2nd part & In the Name of Love.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee

Last edited:
Have you seen a shot like this one? It is an amateur camera but the energy and elements from this one camera of the performance are simply amazing! Check it out let me know what you think.
Enjoy! Beautiful Day 2nd part & In the Name of Love.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
i'm amazed that my uploaded u2 videos got such high praise from you!

suspect you may have mislinked to promoting your own video there.

Concert day again for me here in P-town.

Rose Festival is going on, and down at waterfront park tonight, we get to see the Crazy 8's (popular portland group from 80's), and Cherry Poppin Daddies.

Going with Jess, the gal I went to the Seattle U2 show with.

Please check again, the link is correct

i'm amazed that my uploaded u2 videos got such high praise from you!

suspect you may have mislinked to promoting your own video there.

Ummm no... please check again :) Unless your name is the same as mine on Youtube? I only have "one" video :)
Not "promoting" I believe I clicked on the "sharing" forum :)

Ummm no... please check again :) Unless your name is the same as mine on Youtube? I only have "one" video :)
Not "promoting" I believe I clicked on the "sharing" forum :)

You posted a link to "Your Videos" meaning, if I went to YT from your link, I would see MY videos. You did it right in the other forum (Tour Audio Video)...it works for you, because you see YOUR videos. lol

hm, I think i've read most reviews here, but I don't know if this has been mentioned (or noticed).

so I really would like to know if this was already in the show:

Oh, and yes, we did put the Tellytubbies theme tune in as a segue into City of Blinding Lights. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

This is a quote from Willy, apparently Bono had asked for this tune lol on Edmonton show night...

from W's diary, june 1 (also mentions the UFO, as noticed by Bono) :
Having made it to the venue, I was in the dressing room for my usual ‘director's happy hour’ and, not having seen him for a couple of days, Bono was telling me what he’d been up to. Three things came up in conversation. The first was his telling me a story of how he’d been hitchhiking in West Vancouver and was picked up by a woman and her partner who turned out to be a well-known ice hockey player. Next he asked if I had seen the UFO that had been hovering above the gig during the show at the previous venue, before rounding off the conversation by asking if I thought it would possible to make a musical segue between Zooropa and City of Blinding Lights using the theme tune to the Tellytubbies.

Try again!

OK, I am such a nube sorry, I can not re-edit post so I will just re-post the correct link :

YouTube - ‪U2 Seattle Bono & Commander Mark Kelly together Beautiful Day & In the Name of Love 6.04.11‬‏

This is an amateur video in an area where a intoxicated woman was trying to go "through me" to get to the stage and it has flaws with audio, Also it does not compare to some I have seen on here as far as quality of close ups...
But the energy, number of elements, lighting, emotion, performance, crowd singing, angles and variation surprised me...& all from one camera.
The moment and location was a gift :) It almost seems surreal.

Hope you enjoy

A Wince from Bono?

I hope Bono did not re-aggravate his back towards the end of "In the name of love" when he is "throwing love" out to the audience? He seems to "wince" ?
I know I herniated two discs in my back... it can come back and bite you at times when you twist or bend at just the right spot.... prayers*

hm, I think i've read most reviews here, but I don't know if this has been mentioned (or noticed).

so I really would like to know if this was already in the show:

This is a quote from Willy, apparently Bono had asked for this tune lol on Edmonton show night...

from W's diary, june 1 (also mentions the UFO, as noticed by Bono) :
Greety.. :) there's something about that subject posted by KUE here in this thread:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...ween-zooropa-and-cobl-210969.html#post7234836

Ok, totally random question. Did anybody notice on the LED screen at one point, instead of 3:33 the clock time now says 4:33?
Wth? Now I have to try and figure out what that means.:lol:
I know what 3:33 means, but 4:33? :hmm:

Yeah, I noticed that. I have NO clue what it means. :lol: I was all - where's the 3:33, dammit?! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom