Seeing As 'Boots' Hasn't Really Set The Charts Alight...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DevilsShoes

War Child
...do you think it will be performed every night on the tour?

Edit: It was number one in Ireland though.

Edit: Maybe this thread should be in the tour forum or WTAHAN, if the mods think so too, feel free to do your thing. :D

Every opening single has been played every night in their respective tour if I'm not mistaken.

Miss Sarajevo wasn't played every night during Popmart, but it wasn't off Pop.
Sweetest thing wasn't played every night during Elevation but wasn't off ATYCLB.
Electrical Storm has never been played.
The Saints are Coming was not played every night on the 5th leg of Vertigo Tour, but wasn't off of HTDAAB.

The only thing that comes close is Staring at the Sun, they couldn't figure out how to play that live and it was absolutely embarrassing for them as that was the single during the opening for the Popmart tour. They eventually worked it in as an acoustic song.

I still think it will be performed. I actually think they will open with it.

Every opening single has been played every night in their respective tour if I'm not mistaken.

Close, but you are mistaken. :wink:

WOWY was JT's lead single and it missed the very first JT Tour concert. Desire was RAH's lead single and it missed the fifth Lovetown concert. A Day Without Me was Boy's lead single and missed multiple shows on the Boy Tour, including the two US first leg shows for which we have setlists.

But that's all in the eighties. I don't believe that the U2 of today will consider a lead single expendable. Then again, they do seem to be having a bit of trouble working it out live, and if it weren't the lead single I'd expect it to be rotated/dropped, so maybe by the end of the tour, they might give it a rest, especially if some subsequent single comes to be much more prominent.

I get the feeling Fez-Being Born, or just Fez would open, just because it has that random sort of "noise" that would lead you into a concert. Like the twiddly Sgt Pepper Elevation mix.

"Boots" already has been performed with weird, twiddly intro music, MooMoo!

It would make a great opener if only because fans aren't really fond of it. You might as well put a song like this at the start so the crowd will be in hysterics anyway because you're on the stage, then kick their ass in with the great songs from the album. I just can imagine thousands of simultaneous sighs if these thing ends up in the middle of a set or as an encore starter.

Back
Top Bottom