SPOILERS - Rehearsals at Camp Nou, Part IV - SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I just don't want to get my hopes up, especially not after what happened last tour, and how much U2.com sucks.

Fuuuck I'd love to hear Electrical Storm!

Im not saying that it definately will be played, but I think we can at least say that it is being thought of, and rudimentarily rehearsed

Im not saying that it definately will be played, but I think we can at least say that it is being thought of, and rudimentarily rehearsed

The only reason I'm allowing myself some hope they may be legitimately considering it and don't think this is just some bullshit tease is, as you say, there's no other reason why a glock would be there.

One little note... I'm rather disappointed by the lack of Shine Like Stars reported thus far (although it's possible that Bono's sung it, and it hasn't been reported). But I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up by the Ultraviolet segue.

One little note... I'm rather disappointed by the lack of Shine Like Stars reported thus far (although it's possible that Bono's sung it, and it hasn't been reported). But I guess I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up by the Ultraviolet segue.

If I could choose between extended Edge solo (either R&H or Zootv DC) or shine like stars, id choose the solo

seriously?

I'd guess they will snippet something of MJ's at the end of Bad. Or perhaps make it really overt and turn MLK into a full on tribute. But I think subtle would be better.

To apply MLK to MJ? Yuck.

Maybe they could just snippet MJ's line from Playboy Mansion.

Man. This is a tough crowd.

Maybe they could just snippet MJ's line from Playboy Mansion.

I'd say this would be plausible, except that line could come across to some people as cold ...

The closest we will get to an M.J cover is a snippet of Bad during well...Bad.

Now that'd be hilarious.

I'd love to see Bono one day try to snippet as many different songs called Bad as possible in a performance of U2's Bad.

I'm trying to think - would Larry have the glockenspiel on hand for any of the other songs in the setlist? I don't think so offhand...

i'm extremely happy that it seems they are not planning to play FEZ... :yuck:

a bunch of people around here wanted to have it as the opener! :scratch:

:rolleyes:

I'm trying to think - would Larry have the glockenspiel on hand for any of the other songs in the setlist? I don't think so offhand...

I think someone mentioned that there's glockenspiel somewhere in UC, but I'm not sure.

I really like that setlist a lot, but I'm pretty easy to please. The only thing I absolutely hate HATE HATE is One after Streets. I never liked that order on the last tour and I still don't. I usually never enjoy the song U2 picks to play after Streets, it's just always a step down and never seems to work right.

So which songs do we consider to be the "canned warhorses".

In my head it is something like:
I Will Follow
New Year's Day
Bullet The Blue Sky
The Fly
Until The End of The World

I think someone mentioned that there's glockenspiel somewhere in UC, but I'm not sure.

Just listened and there is some glock buried way down in instrumental passage right before Edge's solo. It's hardly integral to the song...

There may be, but its definately not consequential, and it wouldn't be played by Larry while he is drumming, so they have no need for the glock there.

He may play the violin notes on the glock for Drowning Man

lulz...you should have been here earlier.

-dan

i'm extremely happy that it seems they are not planning to play FEZ... :yuck:

a bunch of people around here wanted to have it as the opener! :scratch:

:rolleyes:

So which songs do we consider to be the "canned warhorses".

In my head it is something like:
I Will Follow
New Year's Day
Bullet The Blue Sky
The Fly
Until The End of The World

If we made this list yesterday Mysterious Ways would most likely be on here. The tour hasn't even started yet. Anything can happen.

Even if IWF doesn't show up in rehearsals, it's such a piss-easy song that U2 could revive it without even really trying.

I think Bullet's gone, though.

God, I hope so.

Also, I really don't see them canning Until The End of the World or The Fly specially with a stage of this magnitude. There's so much they could do with it. And we know both those songs tear shit up live in stadiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom