NY2 Rescheduled!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These changes don't affect me because i'll be in NY on the 22nd anyways. I feel bad for the inconvenience this will cause everyone.

No, because there's one Monday night NFL game for broadcast each week. They'd have to change the date of another game too, lol. Schedule, Schedule, Schedule, Schedule!!!

over the last few years, the nfl has scheduled 2 monday night games...but these are on opening weekend

there have been some cases where natural disasters have caused sunday games to be moved to monday night:

there was a san diego game that was moved to tempe due to fires (oops, this game was scheduled for a monday, just a venue change)
a saints/giants game that was moved from new orleans to new jersey due to katrina

found this on wikipedia:
There have been a few occasions when two Monday night games were played simultaneously.
In 1987, a scheduling conflict arose when Major League Baseball's Minnesota Twins went to Game 7 of the World Series (which also aired on ABC), making the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome unavailable for the Minnesota Vikings' scheduled game that Sunday.
The Vikings game was subsequently moved to Monday night, and ABC aired it in a split telecast with the regularly-scheduled MNF game.

A similar scenario unfolded in 1997, when the Florida Marlins went to Game 7 of the World Series and the Miami Dolphins' Sunday game at Pro Player Stadium was shifted to Monday night (which marked a rare instance of the Dolphins wearing their road jerseys in a night home game, since the game was originally scheduled for Sunday afternoon - the Dolphins usually wear their home jerseys in night home games).

but there's no way in hell they are going to move a game to monday night just to fit u2's concert schedule

-dan

Has anyone who requested tickets hear back yet?

Wait, do we need to do anything if we still want to go to the 23rd? Do I need to have TM replace my 9/25 ticket with a 9/23 ticket??

Also, do we have confirmation that the opening band is still going to be Muse?? Aren't they doing a tour in Europe before coming here to open for U2? I wonder if their schedule can be changed, and who's paying for the reschedule of flights... ;)

I understand he did his time and paid his dues, but he can do something other than play football.

Well, they could still have the game on Monday night, just wouldn't be televised...of course, it's about the almighty advertising dollar.

I REALLY feel sorry for anyone who has a conflict now with the new date and the fees they will incur from the airlines, and trying to get a decent hotel room, etc.

I don't think you really understand what you're saying when you think they can just move the game to Monday Night. No, they really can't.

What they can do is move the concert.

I bought 4 tickets for the Friday show through Ticketmaster. Since the date was moved, one of my friends can no longer attend.

Does anyone know if Ticketmaster will give me a refund for just one ticket? Or do you have to return your entire order if you're seeking a refund?

That is a good question. They should, IMO, give you the refund for the 1 ticket. I would call them just in case

I bought 4 tickets for the Friday show through Ticketmaster. Since the date was moved, one of my friends can no longer attend.

Does anyone know if Ticketmaster will give me a refund for just one ticket? Or do you have to return your entire order if you're seeking a refund?

If its a GA ticket, i'm interested in buying it off you.

I don't think you really understand what you're saying when you think they can just move the game to Monday Night. No, they really can't.

What they can do is move the concert.

No, I do understand that the Jets and the NFL have priority, but certainly a LOT more people are impacted by moving the concert to the 23rd than would be impacted moving the game. I don't really believe that this change is about the game anyway. Someone's got to get to the bottom of this.:shifty:

No, I do understand that the Jets and the NFL have priority, but certainly a LOT more people are impacted by moving the concert to the 23rd than would be impacted moving the game. I don't really believe that this change is about the game anyway. Someone's got to get to the bottom of this.:shifty:

It may or may not be about the game, but, the game's start time was moved months ago. It was a big deal in the NY papers at the time, and on national sports sites, etc. So, either there was a massive miscommunication, or, there are alternate reasons for the shift in dates....but the moving of kickoff to earlier in the day did happen months ago, this is not new.

Also, if you moved the game to Monday night, yes, a lot of people would be impacted. Just like people fly into town for the concerts, there are people that come in from out of town for football games. Also, bottom line? That stadium is where the Jets play, not where U2 always plays...Jets fans are the priority here, no matter what U2 fans might think.

i don't see how anybody with half a brain can blame the jets. like has been said over and over, they changed months ago. this falls squarely on u2/live nation/principle management. some of you people think u2 are constantly above reproach for anything - get some perspective ffs.

How 'bout moving the concert to...let's say 4PM instead of 7, then that would cover the 3 hours. I don't think too many people would balk at having to be there 3 hours earlier (most of the people here are going to be there most of the day anyway) :wink:

But I'll bet that NY 1 show is going to be extra special, maybe a bit longer, maybe Muse won't be able to make that gig. If Muse can't make it...maybe U2 will play for 3 hrs:applaud:...so look on the bright side of things, I know it's hard when you're being screwed by the airlines, hotels, etc. but try.

But I'll bet that NY 1 show is going to be extra special, maybe a bit longer, maybe Muse won't be able to make that gig. If Muse can't make it...maybe U2 will play for 3 hrs:applaud:...so look on the bright side of things, I know it's hard when you're being screwed by the airlines, hotels, etc. but try.

U2.com (I know, I know) changed the date on the tour page, but it still lists Muse as the opening act. I looked at Muse's website and they aren't playing any shows right before the NY dates, so I would assume they're still the opening act.

U2.com (I know, I know) changed the date on the tour page, but it still lists Muse as the opening act. I looked at Muse's website and they aren't playing any shows right before the NY dates, so I would assume they're still the opening act.

thanks for doing that.. I was tad worried about Muse not opening..

I'm hearing a lot of whining americans...Australia had it on a much larger scale with the whole leg having to be rescheduled, not to mention months later, back in 2006!

I'm hearing a lot of whining americans...Australia had it on a much larger scale with the whole leg having to be rescheduled, not to mention months later, back in 2006!

If I remember, that was due to one of Edge's children being sick? And they still played the shows.

It sucks, but U2 could have pulled the plug on the whole show entirely instead of rescheduling.

and the americans you're bashing now had plenty of sympathy back then.

no need be a prat play the anti-american card. it makes everyone south of the equator look bad.

Yeah, you know what, next time I'm feeling blue about a problem of mine, I'll just remind myself that a few years ago, U2 rescheduled some shows in the Pacific Rim. That'll cheer me up posthaste!

:up:

Back
Top Bottom