Norman, Houston, Dallas - PreSale & General Sale Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nah, GA for Dallas was out from the start, I tried and failed.

I managed to get tickets for 55 each, they are in section 249 kind of diagonally behind the stage. I'm sort of disappointed, but oh well.

So I asked for 4 seats together in Dallas just to see what I would get and after waiting 11 minutes all I'm offered is in the $95 price range in section 427.

Could there possibly not be four seats together in any lower section? I thought for sure they offer me $250 level seats.

for kicks i did a search for 1 ticket and they offered me a great seat in section 137

tm.com is taking FOREVER on my work computer

-dan

what are you guys talking about? I was able to buy a GA ticket for Dallas in the general sale. And the wait was only for one minute. Then again, I refreshed my page like 100 times and was sitting on the computer two hours before the tix went on sale :lol:

Seriously doubt that :lol: Unless... OU fans take the game seriously enough to arrive in Dallas in time for the concert and stay all week.

Nah, we've got our own show. We just did it to make mad cash off you longhorn fans.

Not necessarily... Ever venue has been different it depends on the design of the stadium.

I'm guessing those would actually be pretty good seats if the rumors of moveable screens is true.

I think another reason for the higher priced tickets is because the prices depend on the city...Dallas is a higher income place then say, Raleigh or Norman.

Appearantly Muse had their own presale for the Texas shows. Anyone try that or get GA's through that?

i'd bet it's more of a stadium (revenue) issue than a region issue.

jerruh wants to squeeze as much $ out of this show as possible.

-dan

I think another reason for the higher priced tickets is because the prices depend on the city...Dallas is a higher income place then say, Raleigh or Norman.

So the rumour in Dallas is that Jerry has also negotiated the DVD for this show to be able to use his "state of the art" video equipment. :lol:

Just a funny rumour, no one freak out. I think it would be hysterical for U2 to release their "Live in Dallas" DVD though. :lmao:

what are you guys talking about? I was able to buy a GA ticket for Dallas in the general sale. And the wait was only for one minute. Then again, I refreshed my page like 100 times and was sitting on the computer two hours before the tix went on sale :lol:

You are a lucky man, I did a GA search and had a similar wait time only to be told there were none left, you must've gotten the last ones!

For what it's worth, from city-data.com:
Estimated median household income in Dallas for 2007: $40,986
Estimated median household income in Raleigh for 2007: $51,071 ::nerd:

lol...well sorry about that, i should've known to use a different city as an example, forgot you guys are part of the "research triangle" so a lot of smart, high bracket income people there :lol:

i guess they charge more or less depending on population? we can agree that the dallas area has a high population, therefore there is more demand for tickets, so they set prices higher.

lol...well sorry about that, i should've known to use a different city as an example, forgot you guys are part of the "research triangle" so a lot of smart, high bracket income people there :lol:

i guess they charge more or less depending on population? we can agree that the dallas area has a high population, therefore there is more demand for tickets, so they set prices higher.

There are quite a few large areas of Dallas proper that are not high income areas.

ok i wasnt giving the definitive answer to the question, i was just formulating some possible answers.

Point well taken. :wave: There are certainly more people in the Dallas metro area than in RTP. I was actually pretty pleased to see that the GA's for Raleigh sold out in thirty minutes or so. :hyper: Let's hope there isn't a claw malfunction prior to the show, a la Popmart! :ohmy:

$55, just like every other concert on the tour.

As for Oklahoma, we all know that it sucks, so no surprise that it won't sell out.

45-35!

Hey look, a TROLL! Too bad you couldn't beat Texass Tech...then you would have gotten your ass kicked by Florida this year instead of struggling against a MEDIOCRE Ohio State team in your bowel game.

go ahead and cling to your * if it makes you feel better back home at the trailer park with bevo, history knows who the real Big 12 Champions are.

:sexywink:

Cheers sweetie
:wave:

LOL...... It was probably a bad idea to put the Oklahoma and Texas shows in the same thread. We can't help ourselves :lol::D:lol:

Back
Top Bottom