GA Tips and Tricks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know alot of you are planning on 'camping out' before the show but for me personally since I'll be in one of the best towns in the country(chicago) I'm not going to waste the day laying around. The town has some great things to offer up to see and if you've never been there you should really try and see some of it.
It is a stadium show, so not everyone can get up front. I'll probably get to the stadium after the ballgame and then get up front anyway, or at least near a rail.

:lmao: except that SUCKS!!! You also sometimes risk escalating things to the level where bad security throws you out too. Ugh.

fail-security-guard.jpg

GAH HA HA HA HA!! you sure this is not Hawaii?? :lmao:

No.

We're not Oasis fans, we're civilised people.

Just a friendly advise for anyone going to the same concerts as I am. Don't try this with me. Really, don't. I'll pick you up and place you back in your spot.

:wink: I mean it. Or, if they'd get on my nerves more I might be less civilised and just throw them over my shoulder, walk out of the way, put them down, and walk back.

I love being tall and strong.

Can I say I'm glad I'll see a few concerts with you? :drool:

Once I get in and do my best to get to the front then there is absolutely no way I'm leaving of course your going to lose your place it's inevitable!

And also Dubliners turn up late- you could still get into the gold circle at 6pm-ish without queueing at all (as we did on the second show) so you don't necessarily need to be there all day

:heart::(

That's been my only experience of GA so all of this other stuff is foreign and crazy sounding to me.

Irish Time ftw :cheer: :love:

hey y'all, just thought i'd chime in, mostly cause i'm a little giddy n' want to brag!!

I'M IN BABY!!! GOT MY VANCOUVER, BC TIX GA ALL THE WAY!!! pre sale rulez!!!:applaud:

as far as tips, get yer favorite mix in a couple o' trendy but easy to dispose of containers!! very very important, bring along some of your cool U2 memorabilia, specially if its U2 GEAR for the show at hand!!! very cool!! no wasting time when you get in to get yer favourite t-shirt in some one elses color n' size!!! hahah..!!:wave:

def. something to read, but which can be tucked away w/out problems down the lane...:hmm:

we did something interesting a while back, i passed out sheets for ppl to sign their name n' some contact info.. had hoped to get ppl together after wards 'cept some how it got lost along the way, i'm sure some one used it to pick up cuties though!!! lmao!!:wink:

other than that, be cool, relax, wear confee clothes... n' have fun, talk to some peeps n' get ready to shake your bootie!!!! :hyper:

Here is my issue, we were able to secure 4 GA tickets to Chicago. My husband and I are contemplating taking our 13 and 15 year old sons. Has anyone had any experience doing GA with teenagers? Is it a definite no no, is it even doable? They are begging to go, actually have been begging for a concert for a while as hubby and I do quite a few. However, in all my concert experience a U2 concert seems to me the best crowd to break in these little concert virgins. Any thoughts?

Here is my issue, we were able to secure 4 GA tickets to Chicago. My husband and I are contemplating taking our 13 and 15 year old sons. Has anyone had any experience doing GA with teenagers? Is it a definite no no, is it even doable? They are begging to go, actually have been begging for a concert for a while as hubby and I do quite a few. However, in all my concert experience a U2 concert seems to me the best crowd to break in these little concert virgins. Any thoughts?

As a person who did GA as a teenager, I say yes it is doable. :D

Are your teenagers big boys? That makes a difference too. My 13 year old is
5' 8" and I think he grows an inch a week!

we did multiple shows with pre-teens. U2 shows are famous for their ability to safely accomodate kids.

Back
Top Bottom