Tips for GA in the RAIN?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laura_somers

Babyface
Does anyone have any tips for rainy day GA? I've done GA many times, but somehow always lucked out with sunny days! But the weather forecast for Seattle does not look very promising. If you have tips for surviving the line-up in the rain, and then also tips for watching the stadium show in the rain, I'd appreciate it! I fear it is going to be one big bad hair day!:ohmy:

george-w-bush-1-c55230db-8a14-4dbe-956b-3ab027117971.jpg

Have you seen shows at that stadium before? Are you driving there? If so, towel & spare clothes for after the show. You'd want a fold up chair. If you don't have a car just get a really cheap chair, as you'll have to bin it when you go through the security check. Same with an umbrella, you'll be binning it when entering the stadium. Poncho, that can go in.

Once the show starts you'll be warm, with all that body heat around you'll. Just got to try & stay dry & warm until then.

Most of my rainy shows have been summertime thunder storms in Sydney. An awesome experience! I actually enjoy a rainy concert, it's just the wet GA line that's no fun. At least it should keep the numbers down.

Last edited:
Well, it's Seattle, so if it does rain, it's not going to be a downpour. It will probably drizzle a while, then be blinding sun, then some more rain, then sun. Bring layers and sunglasses.

Forget it's raining and enjoy the show I'd say bit of rain ain't ever gonna hurt you

Me and my wife were at the Glastonbury show. I'd never seen any rain like it. We still had a great time down the front. Well I did anyway :)

Rain might not hurt you but it might very much hurt your cell phone and or camera if you have those things with you.

Basically once U2 starts you won't notice the rain...we got really soaked twice in Brussels 2010 but it was a great night.

We were a bit grungey by the end though and needed a few hours with the hair dryer back at the hotel to get clothes dry enough to wear on the euro star the next day!

I mentioned it in the @U2 forum, but I always had a decent poncho with me for the rainy outdoor gigs and maybe a few ziplock bags to hold my phone, camera and wallet in case it got really wet. Really helped during the Minneapolis show in 2011.

You have these tiny ponchos but if you are lining up all day, get one of those cheap ass plastics that are used to cover furniture while painting. Those are like 1-2 euros for a big piece, you can cover a lot wiith them or sit on them and have the rest cover you.

Sorry about the weathet, gang. I tell people it's a myth that it rains all the time in Seattle, but this past winter and spring has made me a liar.

It's been gross. :-(

Back
Top Bottom