The Temple Bar - It's Fall, Yo! UYMFA!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, my first 10k of the year. :) Thank you! I'm going to be walking a good majority of it, due to my stooopid tendinitis, but I'll be running whenever I can. :)

Yes, TGIF indeed! And it's even better because now we can wear Canucks stuff for as long as they're in the playoffs! :lol: :love: I'm going to be wearing my lucky jersey today, since it's game day. Yay! :D

Get some treatment, woman! A proper sports massage. I work with tendonitis DAILY. It can be fixed. :yes:

Oh, I have been! :yes: Thanks to my awesome health benefits package at work, it's all free. :drool: It didn't heal properly last year, because I pushed myself way too hard and made the injury worse, but this time I'm trying to take better care.

How's your Saturday morning treating ya? :kiss:

Oh good, just make sure you get some consistent treatment. :) Benefits, ftw! People tell me "I did this, I tried that, then I tried this, they all worked for a little while, but then it started hurting again." *facepalm* Well they stopped working, because you stopped too soon. :lecture: Also, heat, stretch, ice, in that order. :nerd:

My Saturday morning is lovely so far. :D And yours? I went to bed at 7:30 last night..... and woke up at 7:30 this morning. :reject: You could say I was tired.

Wow, 12 hours? :lol: That's a LOT! I got about 8 hours, which is awesome. I normally average about 6 at the most, so it's nice to sleep a bit longer. :yes:

My morning has been very lazy. I love it! It's the first Saturday that I've been able to sleep in since December, so this is a wonderful treat. I normally have my running training early on Saturday mornings, but since our big race is tomorrow morning, we obviously aren't training today. :)

I've lazed around and am baking some bread. I have to run out and get a few groceries sooner rather than later, but otherwise it's going to be a very low key day. :love:

Oh yeah, I tend to average 6 - 7, so 8 - 9 is usually a nice catch up on the weekends. I think I was catching up on about a week and a half of lack of rest. ;)

Sounds like an amazing day! :love: You deserve a little R&R after all that training. I did some laundry, had some breakfast, now I'm having a tea. Perfection achieved.

A little pole, then some yoga later will top it all off.

Thanks! Yeah, this last week was a bit nutty, so it's nice to just do a whole lotta nothing. And yay for your lovely sounding day! :)

I'll be making an appearance at a party tonight, and I really don't want to go. :lol: :reject: I'm a horrible friend. I'll only know the guest of honour, and I don't do well in social situations where I don't know anyone. But it's her birthday and she just moved into a brand new home, so it's important that I do show up for a little bit. Thankfully she knows about my race tomorrow and that I plan on going to bed really early, so I can probably get away with staying for less than an hour. Maybe I'll have a glass of wine before I go. That will help! :wink:

:lol: Rum is indeed the answer! However, since I'll have to drive to and from the party, and it's the night before a race, I'll only be having one drink tonight.

They recently changed the drunk driving rules in BC, so the amount you can have before getting a ticket/arrested if you're pulled over is significantly less. :( Not that I'd be driving if I'd had more than a few drinks anyway, but still... :wink:

Damn liberal BC laws getting in the way of our drunk driving fun. :tsk: :wink:

You'll be fine, don't overthink it, just try to go and enjoy yourself. :)

I will. :yes: She's a great friend, so I'm sure the party will be fine.

Well, I've lazed around for long enough (at least for the morning), so I should get out to the grocery stores, etc. so I can come back and laze around for longer. :D

Enjoy the rest of your morning! :kiss:

Good for you! :applaud: Wait, does this mean I won't have "connections" at Timmies anymore? :( lol, but srsly, hooray for bigger and better things!

Awesome. :D Now you can do Timmies runs with your co-workers instead of being the one running around the Timmies, am I right? ;)

Glad your first week went well. Hope it continues. :)

Lucky! How's your second week going so far? Still nice and smooth?

I cannot complain(well, I could, but forget the mundane stresses and strains of life). Life is fabulous. Nearly 6 months in and I could not be happier with my job. It will take at least a few months to catch up to where I was before, but it will probably be even better. This may be the best move I've made for my career.

And there's a new someone in my life...... :whistle: We're taking it s-l-o-w-l-y, but I'm really enjoying it. He's too sweet to me. He's genuine, too. It's refreshing. :)

Mind you, as happy as I am here...... IS IT SUMMER YET?? :happydance:

So far, so good. :) Just enjoying his company. We both work hard and lead busy lives, but we live really close - within a few blocks of each other - so that makes it easier.

I'm happy you're loving your job. :D Yay for making more $$$ to see more shows. :wink: I'm getting restless now. Want to go!

And there's a new someone in my life...... :whistle: We're taking it s-l-o-w-l-y, but I'm really enjoying it. He's too sweet to me. He's genuine, too. It's refreshing. :)

Mind you, as happy as I am here...... IS IT SUMMER YET?? :happydance:

Aww, yay! :love: Very happy for you!

I hear ya. This spring has been great (although better weather would be nice - TOO MUCH RAIN!!!1!), but I'm super excited for this summer. :D

Happy.. Sunday?
sadbanana.gif

San Jose Sharks. First game of round 3. I just totally lost it during the intro (Streets). :lmao: The last time the Canucks were this far along in the playoffs was when I was 14. It's been a LONG time! I'm just a wee bit sappy tonight. :lol:

I'm doing good, thanks! :D Trying not to panic about the fact that there is probably going to be at least a game or two that I'm going to miss seeing in the next round, since I'll be in Seattle for a few days of that (to see U2, etc.). I am such a crazy hockey fan! :lol: :reject:

Back
Top Bottom