The Elder Scrolls - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #376
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
So I'm playing skyrim, and I get to the first town. Immediately, I have flashbacks to the guards arresting me in oblivion every time I went into a new town, and I thought no! Not my pants! You can arrest me, but please don't take my pants again!

As a pc game, it suffers from that wonky movement and just general movement control that all console games suffer in pc form.
I hate seeing an Elder Scrolls game referred to as a console game

Old 08-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #377
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:34 AM
I'd like to try it with mods, if only I had a PC.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:42 PM   #378
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:34 AM
I'm getting a desktop capable of operating at high performance for the first time in my life so I'm ecstatic to try TES and Fallout!

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app
Old 08-23-2014, 09:39 PM   #379
War Child

Local Time: 07:34 AM
Arggh, I had to make my character to complete the quest (forgot the name), and now she eats people. Bloody Hell.

And I have a freakin' dragon who eats me everytime I take the path to learn the other shout
Old 08-24-2014, 05:17 AM   #380
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 08:34 AM
Does the amount of weight you can carry improve as you advance through the game? I've only reached the first town and it's already pissing me off.. plus that I can't seem to access any shop yet, every time I try to lockpick I get caught and put back on the dragon's shrine aigain. So I have to slow ass walk back down to the town and get caught again.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:26 AM   #381
Blue Crack Distributor

Yeah, over time you can carry more.

Also, in this game, be careful about stealing stuff in the early levels. It's not like the previous ones, and you won't be able to sell stolen goods for quite awhile.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:46 AM   #382
Galeonbroad

Okay brilliant. Hope I can sell the stuff I looted from bodies though, cause that' weighing me down.

I noticed that they don't like me stealing and stuff. I was just lockpicking to get the skill up, wasn't even aware it was that illegal.
Whenever I would enter a building, I'd get mauled by five guards at the time.. kept dying and dying until I managed to flee and get to my horse, then they finally asked me if I wanted to go to jail. Man that was frustrating. I died about 50 times before they finally asked me if I wanted something other than dying.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 08-24-2014, 09:02 AM   #383
War Child

Local Time: 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Does the amount of weight you can carry improve as you advance through the game? I've only reached the first town and it's already pissing me off.. plus that I can't seem to access any shop yet, every time I try to lockpick I get caught and put back on the dragon's shrine aigain. So I have to slow ass walk back down to the town and get caught again.
When you level up, increasing stamina will increase you carrying capacity as well. Also, some amulets will increase stamina by wearing then.

Oh, and maybe you're trying to access the shops at wrong time. They're usually open at 8am and closed in the late afternoon
Old 08-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #384
Galeonbroad

Finally, I was able to sell my shite, buy a house and put stuff away. One day I'll get the hang of it.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:28 PM   #385
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

The Elder Scrolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
I'd like to try it with mods, if only I had a PC.

Why did I never update this thread? A couple of months ago I bought a new PC and have been playing modded Skyrim. The bad news upfront is that I spent about 15-20 hours restarting the first sections of the game over and over again because I got so greedy with mods it kept crashing to desktop. The process itself wasn't awful because it felt like a sandbox to blow up and try weird things in, but I eventually settled for a stable but good build once I remembered I didn't buy it as a game development exercise.

So the combination ultra level graphics and graphic mods are a revelation, at least compared to the PS3 version. I didn't even recognize how foggy the plains outside Whiterun were until I booted them up side by side on computer and TV. The ENB is another bonus. Although depth of field effects and sun bloom are fantastic, it takes work to set up and should be considered optional for anyone who wants to enjoy the game again. I'm most excited for the dragon overhaul mod, but I've been picking my way so slowly through the main quest I have yet to fight more than one. It promises to make the fights more unpredictable and keeps the dragon from getting completely distracted by stray mudcrabs.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:40 AM   #386
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I hate seeing an Elder Scrolls game referred to as a console game
Oops, it theyre not primarily released as such? I guess i just assumed they were because 1) they're available on those platforms an 2) they have shitty movement control with mouse and keyboard, like there's nothing I can do with the mouse sensitivity or keybinds to make it less clunky.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #387
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
Oops, it theyre not primarily released as such? I guess i just assumed they were because 1) they're available on those platforms an 2) they have shitty movement control with mouse and keyboard, like there's nothing I can do with the mouse sensitivity or keybinds to make it less clunky.
They were originally PC games that got ported with the third entry to the series and have since seen a pretty dominate showing on the consoles, despite their general superiority on the PC.

Or something like that.

But I agree, the mouse has been really shitty, imo. I screwed with the settings for a while and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #388
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:34 AM
I feel like I don't have time to get sucked into Elder Scrolls Online. I would love to, but I'd probably never do anything else for months.

I'm still playing my "new" Skyrim game once in a while with my High Elf. I've been running around electrocuting things with Marcurio. He's a whiner, but he's better with magic than I am.

A few weeks ago, I played it after not touching it for a month and it made a high-pitched squealing noise and froze every time I tried to access the menu. I finally just ran around for a while without touching the Start button and it eventually started working again. Maybe my Xbox was out of shape from so much idleness.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:31 PM   #389
Blue Crack Supplier

The Elder Scrolls

I've heard absolutely nothing good about ESO. But that's just from people I play other mmos with, not any sort of reviews or anything.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:33 PM   #390
Blue Crack Supplier

The Elder Scrolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
They were originally PC games that got ported with the third entry to the series and have since seen a pretty dominate showing on the consoles, despite their general superiority on the PC.

Or something like that.

But I agree, the mouse has been really shitty, imo. I screwed with the settings for a while and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.
Ah ok. I've only played skyrim for a few hours, and before that just a little oblivion. And after the whole constantly getting arrested and having my pants stolen by the guards when the let me out of jail, I grew to dislike oblivion fairly quickly as I was spending more time trying to obtain new pants than doing anything else.