General Video Game Discussion - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 05:45 PM
Raiders, man... I those guys, I think I gained 10 levels just killing them over and over and over...
__________________

__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 03-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 11:45 AM
So I told NSW last Thursday or so that I'd have GOW2 by the end of the week. That really didn't pan out.

I'm broke and/or cheap.
__________________

__________________
impy13 is offline  
Old 03-28-2009, 03:01 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
catlhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 5,664
Local Time: 03:45 PM
GDC was meh. Nothing that exciting was announced. Although if you're into playing video games on your computer, OnLive could be a great thing for you. I'm happy they finally allow a high capacity SD card for the Wii now. 2GB was not nearly enough.
__________________
catlhere is offline  
Old 03-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlhere View Post
GDC was meh. Nothing that exciting was announced. Although if you're into playing video games on your computer, OnLive could be a great thing for you. I'm happy they finally allow a high capacity SD card for the Wii now. 2GB was not nearly enough.
Especially considering how cheap removable storage is these days.

~

So, I bought a PS3 a month ago and have Grand Theft Auto IV and NHL 09. GTA VI is so fucking good. The graphics are excellent considering all they packed in there (the wet streets look so, so good) though the framerate is a bit of a disappointment considering that it was always pretty speedy on previous versions. You can tell they had trouble with it during development because they never let you go truly "fast" fast, like Burnout for instance. Instead there are a lot of speed effects such as motion blur to compensate.

NHL 09 is one of the finest sports games I've ever played. Was a longtime fan of the NHL series from 98 to 2002 and then it got shitty. Glad things are back together on the next gen systems. The online play is great.
__________________
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 03-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #50
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
So I told NSW last Thursday or so that I'd have GOW2 by the end of the week. That really didn't pan out.

I'm broke and/or cheap.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 03-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,410
Local Time: 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
Especially considering how cheap removable storage is these days.

~

So, I bought a PS3 a month ago and have Grand Theft Auto IV and NHL 09. GTA VI is so fucking good. The graphics are excellent considering all they packed in there (the wet streets look so, so good) though the framerate is a bit of a disappointment considering that it was always pretty speedy on previous versions. You can tell they had trouble with it during development because they never let you go truly "fast" fast, like Burnout for instance. Instead there are a lot of speed effects such as motion blur to compensate.

NHL 09 is one of the finest sports games I've ever played. Was a longtime fan of the NHL series from 98 to 2002 and then it got shitty. Glad things are back together on the next gen systems. The online play is great.
Get Metal Gear Solid 4 and/or Fallout 3 next.
__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 03-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 06:45 PM
Haha, I always see you playing those. I am trying to hold out for games with a ton of replay value, though I'll get MGS eventually when it goes Greatest Hits.

I am really considering getting MLB the Show 09. Played the demo on PS Store and it's fucking AMAZING for a baseball game. I haven't owned one since Triple Play 2000 and the amount of features the developers have included that just make you go, "Wow, why hasn't anyone else thought of this" is huge.
__________________
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 08:31 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,410
Local Time: 05:45 PM
I have last season's version of The Show (08). It's the most authentic baseball game I've played, and Road to the Show mode ate up entire days of my life this summer.
__________________
DaveC is online now  
Old 03-31-2009, 09:00 AM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,694
Local Time: 05:45 PM
Canadiens, I'll add to the Fallout 3 recommendation - it's easily one of the most entertaining gaming experiences I have had in ages

If you are a graphics whore check out Killzone 2, the graphics are incredible, the single player is pretty thin (5-6 hours) but the multiplayer is very good.
__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 12:28 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Tiger Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Everglades
Posts: 4,740
Local Time: 06:45 PM
Well since I'm now getting better at online play for GTA4, I won't be embarrassed to post my PSN name and play team deathmatch (or regular deathmatch) with you muthafuckas: Tiger_Edge

Canadiens and I fuck up n00bs like it's no one's biz.
__________________
Tiger Edge is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 05:30 PM   #56
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
Canadiens, I'll add to the Fallout 3 recommendation - it's easily one of the most entertaining gaming experiences I have had in ages
I agree with this 100%. Possibly my favorite game of this generation of consoles. You'll put more time into this game than any other single player game you've ever played, trust me.

New Gears of War 2 maps were released today. I'll make sure to tell NSW how much you all miss/hate him while we commit chainsaw genocide.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 08:02 PM   #57
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I agree with this 100%. Possibly my favorite game of this generation of consoles. You'll put more time into this game than any other single player game you've ever played, trust me.

New Gears of War 2 maps were released today. I'll make sure to tell NSW how much you all miss/hate him while we commit chainsaw genocide.
Please let me know when this is going down.
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 03-31-2009, 10:18 PM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Canadiens1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,363
Local Time: 06:45 PM
You guys are really selling me on Fallout. I'll pick it up soon when the used copies start cropping up
__________________
Canadiens1131 is offline  
Old 04-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict
 
flybabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sunglasses,USA
Posts: 17,056
Local Time: 06:45 PM
Two words:Tomb Raider
The best franchise of games in the universe,runner up being Ghost Recon
__________________
flybabe is offline  
Old 04-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #60
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post

NHL 09 is one of the finest sports games I've ever played. Was a longtime fan of the NHL series from 98 to 2002 and then it got shitty. Glad things are back together on the next gen systems. The online play is great.
Did you do Be a Pro mode? I couldn't keep my guy on the first line for some reason. I kept losing my spot to Kyle Okposo for some reason - even though I ended up with the Hart, Calder and Conn Smthye. Fucking Kyle Okposo.

After I finished the Be a Pro season, I went back to dynasty, but the controls are all different and I suck again. But it's an awesome game.

I'm debating which soccer game to get now....not sure if I should go with PES or FIFA 09. Any thoughts?
__________________

__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
playstation, video game consoles, wii, xbox 360

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com