General Video Game Discussion - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:45 PM
Raiders, man... I those guys, I think I gained 10 levels just killing them over and over and over...

Old 03-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:45 AM
So I told NSW last Thursday or so that I'd have GOW2 by the end of the week. That really didn't pan out.

I'm broke and/or cheap.

Old 03-28-2009, 03:01 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:45 PM
GDC was meh. Nothing that exciting was announced. Although if you're into playing video games on your computer, OnLive could be a great thing for you. I'm happy they finally allow a high capacity SD card for the Wii now. 2GB was not nearly enough.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:44 PM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlhere View Post
GDC was meh. Nothing that exciting was announced. Although if you're into playing video games on your computer, OnLive could be a great thing for you. I'm happy they finally allow a high capacity SD card for the Wii now. 2GB was not nearly enough.
Especially considering how cheap removable storage is these days.

~

So, I bought a PS3 a month ago and have Grand Theft Auto IV and NHL 09. GTA VI is so fucking good. The graphics are excellent considering all they packed in there (the wet streets look so, so good) though the framerate is a bit of a disappointment considering that it was always pretty speedy on previous versions. You can tell they had trouble with it during development because they never let you go truly "fast" fast, like Burnout for instance. Instead there are a lot of speed effects such as motion blur to compensate.

NHL 09 is one of the finest sports games I've ever played. Was a longtime fan of the NHL series from 98 to 2002 and then it got shitty. Glad things are back together on the next gen systems. The online play is great.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #50
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
So I told NSW last Thursday or so that I'd have GOW2 by the end of the week. That really didn't pan out.

I'm broke and/or cheap.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post
Especially considering how cheap removable storage is these days.

~

So, I bought a PS3 a month ago and have Grand Theft Auto IV and NHL 09. GTA VI is so fucking good. The graphics are excellent considering all they packed in there (the wet streets look so, so good) though the framerate is a bit of a disappointment considering that it was always pretty speedy on previous versions. You can tell they had trouble with it during development because they never let you go truly "fast" fast, like Burnout for instance. Instead there are a lot of speed effects such as motion blur to compensate.

NHL 09 is one of the finest sports games I've ever played. Was a longtime fan of the NHL series from 98 to 2002 and then it got shitty. Glad things are back together on the next gen systems. The online play is great.
Get Metal Gear Solid 4 and/or Fallout 3 next.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Haha, I always see you playing those. I am trying to hold out for games with a ton of replay value, though I'll get MGS eventually when it goes Greatest Hits.

I am really considering getting MLB the Show 09. Played the demo on PS Store and it's fucking AMAZING for a baseball game. I haven't owned one since Triple Play 2000 and the amount of features the developers have included that just make you go, "Wow, why hasn't anyone else thought of this" is huge.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:31 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

I have last season's version of The Show (08). It's the most authentic baseball game I've played, and Road to the Show mode ate up entire days of my life this summer.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:00 AM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier

Canadiens, I'll add to the Fallout 3 recommendation - it's easily one of the most entertaining gaming experiences I have had in ages

If you are a graphics whore check out Killzone 2, the graphics are incredible, the single player is pretty thin (5-6 hours) but the multiplayer is very good.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:28 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Well since I'm now getting better at online play for GTA4, I won't be embarrassed to post my PSN name and play team deathmatch (or regular deathmatch) with you muthafuckas: Tiger_Edge

Canadiens and I fuck up n00bs like it's no one's biz.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:30 PM   #56
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
Canadiens, I'll add to the Fallout 3 recommendation - it's easily one of the most entertaining gaming experiences I have had in ages
I agree with this 100%. Possibly my favorite game of this generation of consoles. You'll put more time into this game than any other single player game you've ever played, trust me.

New Gears of War 2 maps were released today. I'll make sure to tell NSW how much you all miss/hate him while we commit chainsaw genocide.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:02 PM   #57
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I agree with this 100%. Possibly my favorite game of this generation of consoles. You'll put more time into this game than any other single player game you've ever played, trust me.

New Gears of War 2 maps were released today. I'll make sure to tell NSW how much you all miss/hate him while we commit chainsaw genocide.
Please let me know when this is going down.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:18 PM   #58
ONE
love, blood, life

You guys are really selling me on Fallout. I'll pick it up soon when the used copies start cropping up
Old 04-02-2009, 02:45 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

Two words:Tomb Raider
The best franchise of games in the universe,runner up being Ghost Recon
Old 04-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #60
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1131 View Post

Did you do Be a Pro mode? I couldn't keep my guy on the first line for some reason. I kept losing my spot to Kyle Okposo for some reason - even though I ended up with the Hart, Calder and Conn Smthye. Fucking Kyle Okposo.

After I finished the Be a Pro season, I went back to dynasty, but the controls are all different and I suck again. But it's an awesome game.

I'm debating which soccer game to get now....not sure if I should go with PES or FIFA 09. Any thoughts?

Tags
playstation, video game consoles, wii, xbox 360