Watchmen Trailer online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is me. I really liked V For Vendetta and Wanted but couldn't get through even an hour of Sin City. No interest in seeing 300.

I will probably see Watchmen, maybe even in IMAX, but I have no idea if I'll like it or not. I barely even know what to expect.

I couldn't get into Wanted at all... thought it was too flashy and violent for no reason. I can do outlandish and cartoonish violence if I think something's at stake, but it was just graphic for the sake of being graphic, and too much of a retread of Fight Club and The Matrix without any redeeming value, to me, at least.

Then again, I fucking loved Sin City, so there's that.

I liked Sin City AND V For Vendetta (fan of the source material on both) a lot.

And I didn't mind 300, but I wasn't really expecting much.

I wouldn't see Wanted if you paid me, paid someone to blow me while I was watching it, and paid someone else to feed me grapes at the same time.

I thought I was the only one that really liked V for Vendetta. Movie gets far too much shit.

Wanted, probably far too kind when I gave it an already mediocre review.

300, trash. But I did enjoy Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake, so there's that going for him.

I thought I was the only one that really liked V for Vendetta. Movie gets far too much shit.

Wanted, probably far too kind when I gave it an already mediocre review.

300, trash. But I did enjoy Snyder's Dawn of the Dead remake, so there's that going for him.

My English teacher needed a copy of V to show one of his classes, so I lent it out to him. When I did, I found it I had a Full Screen copy, so now I've gotta buy a Wide. Really dug it when I first saw it, hadn't seen it in a while, and forgot how much I loved it.

The domino montage is one of the most powerful scenes in recent memory.

A few things:

- I wasn't aware V For Vendetta got shit at all. I love that one. I read the comic afterward and didn't like it, but that's more my not liking the medium.

- I didn't know Snyder did the DOTD remake. Not a bad film.

- Natalie Portman is hot even bald.

- Wanted looked so, so bad. But let's not tell mad1.

brokenembraces.jpg

:drool:

Just because this is where everyone's talking right now.

Yeah, and the bloody remains turning into an ink blot?! Awesome!

You didn't pick that up at all from the novel? That's surprising. And I totally agree with what you said about letting Dan wail on him earlier.

WARNING: HERE BE SPOILERS!! (highlight to read)

That, and the ink blots falling out of the psychologist's briefcase, made the film for me, just about. That and the fact that most of the dialogue was more or less word-perfect, and almost every single scene shot in the prison was amazing, especially the scene where Rorschach goes into the toilet...

Oh, and Rorschach apologising to Dan was quite a moving moment, as was his death.

And with Ozymandias... I dunno, in the novel I always thought of him more as being the smartest guy in the world, but not hugely interested in shoving that into everyone's face, preferring to work subtly to achieve his own ends. Sort of the in-between of Manhattan and Nite Owl, I suppose.

Oh man, you guys discussed V For Vendetta and Sin City and I missed it. Those are easily two of my favorite movies from this decade. Absolutely love both of them, especially Sin City. I love that movie so much that I'm tempted to put an image from it in my avatar. :happy:

There's a good chance I'll go see this Watchmen thing on Sunday. Haven't read the graphic novel or anything, but I'd kinda like to see what all the fuss is about.

Just got home from watching. Too tired to write much. I liked. Very faithful, very entertaining. The power and depth of the novel didn't translate well for me in the film, but it could have been because I was watching it at friggin' 3am.

Wow.

Yeah, just too much to process, I can only imagine what people who haven't read the book are thinking.

Ackerman wasn't nearly as bad as I'd read. I bought her, even if some of her line readings were weak. Very good non-verbal acting.

Wilson was great too, and to me brought much more life to the character than what was in the comic.

My major gripe is the music over the end credits. How about something a little classier, to let the whole thing sink in? It ends and then BLAM!, a fistful of aggro-rock right in your face. Very poor choice.

Of course I can't wait for the extended version (clearly even this 2hr45min running time is a compromise), and it would be wrong to really pass judgment on the whole thing until then.

But bravo all around to everyone involved. I can only imagine how badly other directors would have fucked this thing up, and that Snyder was able to juggle all this material and make it interesting is certainly impressive.

Just got home from seeing it, (OK well got home and watched the recording of U2 on Letterman and then came here) but I loved it. Lived up to all expectations, didn't mind the changes (except for 1 involving Rorschach which I was disappointed in) but still not complaining. Jackie Earle Haley was outstanding, Jeffrey Dean Morgan also great. Cannot wait for the extended edition, and the Tales From the Black Freighter & Under the Hood. :up: +++++ (especially once they get spliced into the movie, really looking forward to that!)

Oh and the opening credits. :drool:

I will be seeing it in about 4 hours on an 80 foot screen.

I've heard the opening credits are great.

Funny, looking at the IMDB score 8.5 is pretty encouraging.

I thought Rotten Tomatoes skewed more to this type of film audience,
but they have it at 63%. It was at 65% last night.

If it slides 4 more points it will be rotten. :huh:

I wonder if I can buy a hat like that. It would really validate my existence.

Deep, it's a joke about the hat saying "indie." Come the fuck on.

Back
Top Bottom