Watchmen Trailer online - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #346
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 12:17 AM
Someone convince me to see this movie. I respect all of your opinions, but presently I think it looks fucking stupid.
__________________

__________________
impy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #347
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
Someone convince me to see this movie. I respect all of your opinions, but presently I think it looks fucking stupid.
And second-of-ly, I know you're the big superhero expert. Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot... your wife is dead.

The trailers have done a terrible job at selling the film besides it's style and visual flair. There's a lot of meat to it, and it raises some interesting philosophical questions about the value of "the truth" and man's tendency toward self-destruction.

It isn't a "superhero" film as much as it is a deconstruction of that entire genre. It is a bit outlandish, but it's fucking awesome.

Also, what else will you do tomorrow night? Go cow tipping?
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #348
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 12:17 AM
I don't dig comics or graphic novels, but I loved V For Vendetta. So I'm guessing this is in a similar vein. I might check it out in a few weeks. Still, the thought of that guy flying to Mars and hanging out on a rock doesn't get my juices flowing. If I wanted to see a blue man, I'd take that flier by the pier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Also, what else will you do tomorrow night? Go cow tipping?
Oh, so you got that Facebook event invite too?
__________________
impy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #349
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,011
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
Rorschach, lover of animals.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #350
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
major_panic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the ASIAN TEAM
Posts: 7,450
Local Time: 09:17 PM
Man, Rorschach was bloody amazing in the film. And the ending, where the camera pans over to his diary and we hear his opening narration again - fantastic!

Ozymandias was also quite good, although he does come off as an extremely arrogant prick, which I didn't pick up so much from the graphic novel.
__________________
major_panic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #351
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 03:17 AM
fanboys are liking
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #352
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 03:17 AM
ok, the screen I am seeing it on tomorrow at 3:40 pm is bigger than most IMAX screens (72 feet wide)




The main screen is the largest movie screen on the West Coast, attracting both film fans and tourists. It is a 40-by-80-foot screen that attracts the newest releases. With a seating capacity of 1,108, the theater is big and roomy and boasts Surround Sound system. The seats in the theater are designed with comfort in mind. The seats are large, high-back, velour-cushioned reclining chairs with cup holders and plenty of leg room.
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #353
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
ok, the screen I am seeing it on tomorrow at 3:40 pm is bigger than most IMAX screens (72 feet wide)

The main screen is the largest movie screen on the West Coast, attracting both film fans and tourists. It is a 40-by-80-foot screen that attracts the newest releases. With a seating capacity of 1,108, the theater is big and roomy and boasts Surround Sound system. The seats in the theater are designed with comfort in mind. The seats are large, high-back, velour-cushioned reclining chairs with cup holders and plenty of leg room.
You like 'em large.
__________________
Lancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #354
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
I am fucking stupid.
But no one here holds it against you.
__________________
Lancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #355
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
You like 'em large.
I think it goes back to junior high
when I got the nick name - inch worm
__________________
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:20 PM   #356
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
I don't dig comics or graphic novels, but I loved V For Vendetta. So I'm guessing this is in a similar vein. I might check it out in a few weeks. Still, the thought of that guy flying to Mars and hanging out on a rock doesn't get my juices flowing. If I wanted to see a blue man, I'd take that flier by the pier.



Oh, so you got that Facebook event invite too?
Yeah, the same guy that wrote the original V graphic novel wrote this, so there's that.

No, but someone tagged me in their Little Miss Sunshine 28 Friends as "The One Who Tips Cows, WTF?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_panic View Post
Man, Rorschach was bloody amazing in the film. And the ending, where the camera pans over to his diary and we hear his opening narration again - fantastic!

Ozymandias was also quite good, although he does come off as an extremely arrogant prick, which I didn't pick up so much from the graphic novel.
Yeah, and the bloody remains turning into an ink blot?! Awesome!

You didn't pick that up at all from the novel? That's surprising. And I totally agree with what you said about letting Dan wail on him earlier.
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #357
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,414
Local Time: 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
But no one here holds it against you.
Excuse me for thinking 300 looked like trash (thus this style doesn't appeal to me) and not liking comic books and superheroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMacPhisto View Post
No, but someone tagged me in their Little Miss Sunshine 28 Friends as "The One Who Tips Cows, WTF?!
You ever dance with the cows by the pale moonlight?
__________________
impy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #358
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
Excuse me for thinking 300 looked like trash (thus this style doesn't appeal to me) and not liking comic books and superheroes.
I couldn't stand 300 either, so there's that. This movie isn't as stylized as that one... really heavy visual and musical influences from Blade Runner and the other hardboiled graphic novel, Sin City. Also, at certain places Apocalypse Now and Dr. Strangelove.

This is the superhero movie that makes fun of other superhero movies, too. And you see her titties:



Quote:
You ever dance with the cows by the pale moonlight?
You wanna get grass?! Come on, let's get grass!
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #359
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:17 AM
300 felt like a 15 minute movie that got shown 7 times to fill up 1:45 or so.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #360
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,731
Local Time: 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impy13 View Post
I don't dig comics or graphic novels, but I loved V For Vendetta.
This is me. I really liked V For Vendetta and Wanted but couldn't get through even an hour of Sin City. No interest in seeing 300.

I will probably see Watchmen, maybe even in IMAX, but I have no idea if I'll like it or not. I barely even know what to expect.
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
watchmen

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com