They Shoot Pictures, Don't They? 1,000 Greatest Films

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I was curious, in a little over 9 years, where am I at now. Ever since Laz introduced me to this site, I've been obsessed. I'm coming up on 2,000 checks (I will constantly run into pockets of stuff I haven't checked yet, so I'm probably past that point by now), so I figured it was as good a time as any to revisit.

In 9 years, I'm now at 330 movies on the list. Not too shabby.

Enjoy this drive-by bump. Or maybe it will spark conversation in this long-dead corner of the forum.

I don't keep a list of what I've seen, but I'm lucky enough to live in a place where I can see old / obscure movies regularly in a cinema, often on 35mm (recent example). A quick look at the list says maybe I've seen just over a third or so of those 1,000.

Last edited:
I'm doing this and I wasn't even aware of the existence of this thread.

As of now, out of the top 500, I've seen 325. 90 in the top 100.

I don't keep a list of what I've seen, but I'm lucky enough to live in a place where I can see old / obscure movies regularly in a cinema, often on 35mm (recent example). A quick look at the list says maybe I've seen just over a third or so of those 1,000.
Living in LA has definitely opened up a lot of great possibilities for seeing things in theater. It's great.

I try. Seriously, though, I have a horrible addiction to I Check Movies. People try to get me to move over to the more popular Letterboxd, but I can't bring myself to do it. I need the lists.

How have you progressed, sir?

Living in LA has definitely opened up a lot of great possibilities for seeing things in theater. It's great.

When I was there last year I checked out Cinefamily (which I later found out closed in sad circumstances a few months afterwards) and The New Beverly Cinema.

When I was there last year I checked out Cinefamily (which I later found out closed in sad circumstances a few months afterwards) and The New Beverly Cinema.
Cinefamily closing broke my heart. I only got to go there once and never got to take my husband there :(.

New Beverly is great! Their Saturday afternoon programming, is really entertaining, more kid-oriented but definitely a great time. That's the only time I've been, though. Hoping to go again sometime in the near future.

It’s been closed for over a year for renovations. Tarantino owns it so not sure why it’s taking so long.

Holy shit, I had no idea, I thought you were talking about Cinefamily for a sec and got confused. That really sucks.

Back
Top Bottom