They Shoot Pictures, Don't They? 1,000 Greatest Films - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-31-2009, 01:03 AM   #31
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
Goodfellas
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Apocalypse Now
Taxi Driver
Raging Bull
Blade Runner
Heat
Annie Hall
These are the ones you make a priority.
__________________

__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:03 AM   #32
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 08:31 PM
So you're telling us you watch shit most of the time?
__________________

__________________
Lancemc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:04 AM   #33
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 04:31 PM
Fucking tons I've never heard of.

Very sobering, but, as I sort of alluded to with my first post in here......I'm not even close to being a true film buff.....just a guy who loves watching movies and is trying to get exposed to things from before my time or not on the mainstream radar.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:06 AM   #34
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
So you're telling us you watch shit most of the time?
I don't watch nearly enough films, is what I'm saying.

My father's a man who has probably seen about 150 films, and just likes to re-watch his favorites and quote his favorites. And I haven't even seen half of them because he and my mother won't purchase films that are rated R since we still have so many young kids in the house who they don't want watching those films.

Also, neither of them listen to any music (aside from my mother owning like 15 greatest hits albums), so I was also pre-destined to be way behind in that as well. I focused on fixing that, while neglecting to fill in major gaps in my viewership of films.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:07 AM   #35
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 08:31 PM
When I posted that it was actually in response to the Jew. That's what I get for not quoting all the time. Sorry.
__________________
Lancemc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:08 AM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I don't watch nearly enough films, is what I'm saying.

My father's a man who has probably seen about 150 films, and just likes to re-watch his favorites and quote his favorites. And I haven't even seen half of them because he and my mother won't purchase films that are rated R since we still have so many young kids in the house who they don't want watching those films.

Also, neither of them listen to any music (aside from my mother owning like 15 greatest hits albums), so I was also pre-destined to be way behind in that as well. I focused on fixing that, while neglecting to fill in major gaps in my viewership of films.
Well, at least you're determined to expand your artistic horizons. Going away to college should help.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:08 AM   #37
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
When I posted that it was actually in response to the Jew. That's what I get for not quoting all the time. Sorry.
I still refuse to recognize having seen 140 from one list as being unimpressive, regardless of age. Compared to most people, that's a lot.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:10 AM   #38
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
When I posted that it was actually in response to the Jew. That's what I get for not quoting all the time. Sorry.
I think I already made what I was saying clear. Just because a film is not in the top 1,000 does not make it shit. And, you've known me a while, does it seem like I only watch crap films? Outside of Dune.

That all being said, I have much cinematic work to do.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:10 AM   #39
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Well, at least you're determined to expand your artistic horizons. Going away to college should help.
Livin' in the shanty dorms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I still refuse to recognize having seen 140 from one list as being unimpressive, regardless of age. Compared to most people, that's a lot.
Not just that, but having a wide variety of interest, too. That has to be hard.
__________________
LMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:10 AM   #40
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Well, at least you're determined to expand your artistic horizons. Going away to college should help.
This is true. I actually wasn't even that interested in film until my Freshman year, and probably still wouldn't be if I hadn't been in the course of study I was/am in.
__________________
Lancemc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:12 AM   #41
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I think I already made what I was saying clear. Just because a film is not in the top 1,000 does not make it shit. And, you've known me a while, does it seem like I only watch crap films? Outside of Dune.

That all being said, I have much cinematic work to do.
You haven't even seen The Room. I would say, based on that fact, that you're not watching enough crap films.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:12 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict
 
Lancemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ba Sing Se
Posts: 17,665
Local Time: 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I think I already made what I was saying clear. Just because a film is not in the top 1,000 does not make it shit. And, you've known me a while, does it seem like I only watch crap films? Outside of Dune.

That all being said, I have much cinematic work to do.
And, you've known me for a while, does it seem like I'm ever all that sincere?

Kill yourself.
__________________
Lancemc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:13 AM   #43
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 04:31 PM
It's funny...my interest in literature, film and music was more fostered in HS (I went to a unique HS), as well as my obvious passion for following and playing sports.....the thing that blossomed in college was my desire to travel.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:14 AM   #44
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
And, you've known me for a while, does it seem like I'm ever all that sincere?

Kill yourself.
Fair enough.

Must I?

__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:14 AM   #45
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancemc View Post
And, you've known me for a while, does it seem like I'm ever all that sincere?

Kill yourself.
You're Jersey Shore garbage who's been swimming in medical waste for a little bit too long to be fully functional any longer.
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is this even necessary anymore? The 2005 MTV Video Noms MissVelvetDress_75 Lemonade Stand Archive 34 07-28-2005 05:30 AM
looking for some Bono pictures Ashley PLEBA Archive 30 10-07-2004 04:46 PM
A photographer tells of his experience with U2 U2girl Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 6 10-07-2004 03:38 PM
Okay, so I think I'll go shoot some more pictures... (U2photos.com) Ottofilm Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 6 10-09-2001 06:15 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com