Homeland - on Showtime - best new series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it's Saul, I'm going to be pissed.

But I don't think it's Saul.

Maybe the guy who speaks Arabic who was tasked with watching Carrie. Or her friend Virgil, who shows up once in a while to do something technical and make quips.

corianderstem said:

Maybe the guy who speaks Arabic who was tasked with watching Carrie. Or her friend Virgil, who shows up once in a while to do something technical and make quips.

I would rather have it be the Arabic guy because I do not feel attached to him in any way.

I like the interaction between Virgil and Carrie. But I could see it being him more.

Saul, works good for the razor blade,
and as these episodes unfold, there may be more to learn about his relationship with his wife? there seems to be more to that than what they have showed us.

just some wild specualtion, what if he was a machurian candidate, planted 20 or so years ago
there are anti-Zionist Isralies that believe the State of Israel should not exist.
with this in mind, he may have gone over to the American side, and his wife now no longer wants to be with him, because she knows another 911 is coming

I don't get that read from his wife at all; I don't think there's anything going on there.

Ooh, aside from the mole, I think the VP is in on it. How would Nazir know that the VP would approach Brody to run for the open seat? how did they even know there would be an open seat available? I think Shady VP is shady.

i wasn't a big fan of the saul/wife arc. i'm glad it only lasted a couple of episodes.

i think she was there as filler to show how attached saul is to the cia.

at the end of episode 8, she leaves and in the final scene you have saul in the office talking with carrie. this is also when carrie's fling with brody ended. she says to saul "i'm going to be alone my whole life"* cause she's so attached as well.

* - i'm here for you carrie!

I can't wait to see Saul's reaction when he finds out that Carrie is bipolar (or whatever bipolar-like mood disorder she's supposed to have).

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

What's going to happen next week?

:uhoh:

I'd say give Patinkin the supporting actor Golden Globe and Emmy right now .... but I think ol' Gus Fring might be giving him a run for his money.

the preview looked incredible. but unless there's a super twist, it gave away too much.

Yeah, I wish I hadn't watched it.

Also bummed to see it's 90 minutes, because there's no way I can stay up until 11:30 to watch it live. I was all ready to stay up until 11 to watch it, but I'm going to a concert Monday night and can't do two really late nights in a row. So I won't be able to watch it on my DVR until Tuesday night. :(

corianderstem said:
Yeah, I wish I hadn't watched it.

Also bummed to see it's 90 minutes, because there's no way I can stay up until 11:30 to watch it live. I was all ready to stay up until 11 to watch it, but I'm going to a concert Monday night and can't do two really late nights in a row. So I won't be able to watch it on my DVR until Tuesday night. :(

you wait to watch it on Showtime when it airs in your time zone? That's so cute!

If you want the link, I'll send it over

Ooh, yes please.

Although if it's Justin TV, I'll pass, because I tried to watch Dexter on that site once, and it was the most irritating viewing experience ever. :lol:

corianderstem said:
Ooh, yes please.

Although if it's Justin TV, I'll pass, because I tried to watch Dexter on that site once, and it was the most irritating viewing experience ever. :lol:

:|

What didn't you like about it?

The guy running the show kept pausing and rewinding scenes just to annoy people.

I can handle the chat bar on the side, but that was really annoying.

Was that just a rare occurrence? If so, I'll be willing to give them another try.

(I know, it's free streaming and beggars can't be choosers, but still.)

It depends on who is running the feed.

The who hosted dexter would put blinking Christmas lights on the top of the screen.

He also would play music in the background. He played the jaws theme a couple of times and muskrat love during the deb/dex scene. It was awesome. Then people ratted him out to the site and they closed it down.

I switched it to another guy for homeland and it was normal.

The link I have now needs a password. As soon as I get it, I'll send both over.

Well, Homeland began awesome and ended even more awesomer. I'm pretty speechless at how the concept never managed to drag over the course of the season. And the acting from the three leads? Damnnnnn.

Honestly, I think it should take home Best Actor, Actress, and Supporting Actor at the Emmys and I think we could finally see a show unseat Mad Men.

I just got free Showtime for three months with my new cable service when I moved a couple of weeks ago, so I was finally able to see this. I was so addicted from the get-go that I watched the whole damn season On Demand over the weekend. Extremely satisfying. Sorry I couldn't have watched and talked about it with you guys during the fall.

Yeah, this started out a tad generic, but by the end it was one of the most nerve-wracking pieces of entertainment I've ever seen. Claire Danes was absolutely gut-wrenching.

I really liked the last couple of episodes

and I am glad we are finally at the place where Broady may finally be outed.

I really liked the last couple of episodes

and I am glad we are finally at the place where Broady may finally be outed.

Really like the start to this season as well.

Agree with your comment - this show is a cat-and-mouse game and at the end of Season 1, Brody had all the power and Carrie/Saul/CIA had none and no good leads either. So I'm glad that we're where we are.

Though I think that this may be a set up for Brody to sense that he's about to get caught and then coming out to the CIA claiming that he did all of this in order to become a double agent and that his plan all along was to work for the CIA but to do so he had to buy Nazir's trust, etc.

Still really enjoying it but I'm kind of with deep - wishing that this show would have been really well planned like The Wire and done in 2 seasons, maybe 3 max. Too much potential for it to go off the rails.

Back
Top Bottom