Grey's Anatomy - Season 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really, really liked tonights episode. Izzie is heading towards crazy-town, Alex is doing his best to keep her strong... Bailey is awesome as always. I really like Christina + Owen, and Christina had strong stuff tonight. I like the story with her and Meredith... it's something other than sex + medicine. This season is getting a lot of that, which I like. Not sure about Sloane and Lexie yet.. I like him with Callie. She needs a strong storyline since they just dropped Hahn. It's also pretty cool that George is now getting involved with Izzie. Fitting that her old best friend be the one to notice that she is losing it.

anyone know if I can catch last night's episode online anywhere? My TiVo wouldn't record two shows at the same time, and I was out :sigh:

Grey's Anatomy is on abc.com, if you can use that one on your computer

I liked last night's episode too. I just wish Denny would change his clothes. Maybe aneurysmish ghosts don't get ripe :wink:

I like the episode too especially the part where Alex poured his heart out to Izzie and told her that he loved her. Didn't like the end with McSteamy and Lexie.

Grey's Anatomy is on abc.com, if you can use that one on your computer

I liked last night's episode too. I just wish Denny would change his clothes. Maybe aneurysmish ghosts don't get ripe :wink:

Thanks - just watched it. Though I didn't see any previews at the end of the episode - don't know if they showed them last night on air...

Episodes 5.11: Wish You Were Here
Airdate: January 8, 2009

YouTube - Grey's Anatomy 5x11 Promo #1

Coming up [Some minor spoilers]:

- Tyne Daly will be playing Derek's mother, Carolyn Shepherd

- Eric Stoltz has been cast as a serial killer in need of immediate medical attention. He is on board for three episodes.
- Grey's Anatomy and its spin-off, Private Practice, will be embarking on a multi-episode crossover story come February sweeps.
- Jessica Capshaw will play Dr. Arizona Robbins, a pediatrician who's called in to consult on a case and winds up butting heads with Bailey. She is on board for 3 episodes.

Oh, now I remember the previews. The guy is supposed to DRI or something. Death Row Inmate.

I was watching the movie Trainspotting last night and there was our buddy, Kevin McKidd playing Tommy the heroin addict. He was awesome in that movie. He looks (and sounds) so different now.

George was my favorite character in the beginning, now he seems useless :slant: That show has a way of doing that.

By Courtney Hazlett
The Scoop
msnbc.com
updated 10:12 p.m. ET, Tues., Dec. 9, 2008

Maybe George should have never passed his intern test — that would have given writers for “Grey’s Anatomy” an easy out, now that T.R. Knight is looking to be released from his contract.

Several ABC sources confirm that the details of Knight’s exit are still being worked out, and that a departure from the show before the season ends this spring isn’t entirely out of the question. As to why Knight would want to leave the hit series, several sources say Knight wants to make the switch to film, and his inspiration, in part, is co-star Katherine Heigl.

“He’s seen what his friend (Heigl) has done with her career — lots of people in the industry said she wouldn’t translate to film and she has. He wants more than what he can get from ‘Grey’s,’” said one source.

There are also rumors that Knight has been dissatisfied with working on the show since Isaiah Washington’s infamous anti-gay slur, but another source says that isn’t the impetus for his departure.

“He’s not inspired by his story, by George," the source says. "He’s convinced he can do films. It’s as simple as that.”

“There are rumors every season about characters leaving our series,” said a rep for ABC. “As with all these rumors, no comment.” Knight’s rep had no comment either.

Revolving door on that show...

ew.com

As I taught you long ago, the Golden Globes aren't so much a showcase for award-worthy talent and polarizing fashion as they are a hotbed for exclusive prattle. To wit, shortly after Sunday's kudosfest ended, Melissa George presented me with a doozy of a scoop: She's leaving Grey's Anatomy, STAT.

"It was my choice," the actress-slash-Golden Globe nominee (for In Treatment) confirmed to me at HBO's red-hot after-party, held poolside at the Beverly Hilton. "My last day of work is Tuesday."

But lest you think this is yet another in a long line of rocky Grey's exits (see also: Isaiah Washington, Brooke Smith, possibly T.R. Knight), George, who joined the ABC soap last November as Mer's maybe-gay BFF, is leaving on the best of terms.

"I love the show so much," she gushes. "I've made some beautiful friends. I love T.R. Knight. I love Patrick Dempsey, Justin Chambers… I adore Ellen Pompeo. I think she's a strong, incredible woman. And Katherine Heigl is the most beautiful creature on Earth."

Then, um, why leave? George says she simply wants to "do something else." Already? Well, a Grey's insider does suggest that the parting of the ways was more mutual than simply the actress' choice. "Melissa's arc came to a natural end. Everyone at the show adores her. We're genuinely sad to see her go."

George's initial deal called for her to appear in roughly 8-11 episodes with an option to become a series regular, like Kevin McKidd. But her Sadie had a much more rocky introduction than the Iraq doc, what with the self-mutilation and ambiguous sexuality. The latter characteristic was especially ill-timed coming off of Hahn's controversial exit. "The character was cursed from Day One," sniffs an ABC source. "She was very difficult to root for."

George concedes that Sadie was unconventional, even by Grey's standards. But recent episodes had revealed a calmer, gentler side to her. "When you take out your insides and you're hitting on every guy and girl in the hospital… you have to pull back," her portrayer suggests. "She's a doctor. You have to be professional. For her, she had to stop doing that or else she would've been kicked out."

Is that a tease for Sadie's exit? George won't say, but she reveals that "it won't be a big send-off, but it's really cool what they do."

In other words, Sadie won't be banished to the parking lot with Hahn.

ABC executive defends 'Grey's Anatomy' ghostmance
Jan. 16, 2009, 3:07 PM EST
UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. (AP) -- Is there a ghost of a chance that the renewed relationship between live Izzie and dead Denny on "Grey's Anatomy" makes sense?

Yes, according to ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson.

"In terms of the ghost stuff, it's not a ghost, which you will learn," McPherson told a meeting on Friday of the Television Critics Association.

"You will be surprised at how insightful and smart the story line" is for the characters and for the show's direction, McPherson said. But, he added, viewers will be the judge.

At the end of the 2005-06 season, Dr. Izzie Stevens' (Katherine Heigl) short-lived engagement to Denny Duquette (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) ended with his death after heart transplant surgery. But he's been reappearing to her in encounters that have turned passionate.

I read that whole article in the L A times

I have only been casually looking in, these days

the article sounded like the show was in chaos, with several cast members jumping ship

I read that whole article in the L A times

I have only been casually looking in, these days

the article sounded like the show was in chaos, with several cast members jumping ship

You get this with shows sometimes. It's often quite hard to get a show with the right combination of a great creator, great producers and directors, great writers, and great actors, in addition to a great working relationship with the network executives. I get the sense that "Battlestar Galactica" has been very lucky to have had that kind of relationship after having read a few articles, and I think that this contributes greatly as to why BSG will likely leave a very memorable mark on TV history.

On the other hand, I get the sense that "Grey's Anatomy" is suffering from the opposite condition, mainly the sense that it's a mess. You've got your most rabid internet "fans," who aren't happy (and, admittedly, merely pandering to one's audience is often a ticket to a cancelled show too). We've got the drama of the last year, with both old and new characters being suddenly written off, seemingly due to network interference, which I think is probably a nightmare to any show creator. And, it appears that all the drama is contributing to a few key cast members being unhappy and being rumoured to leave. The show is certainly in chaos, and, while I still enjoy watching it, I can see why people are wondering what's going on. It's a bit off-putting, to say the least.

Did anyone watch last Thursday's episode? I actually caught it twice. I re-watched it when Maddy watched it for the first time. I thought it was really good. I needed several tissues too :shifty:

Did anyone watch last Thursday's episode? I actually caught it twice. I re-watched it when Maddy watched it for the first time. I thought it was really good. I needed several tissues too :shifty:

I did I thought it was probably one of the best of the season so far. Derek and Mer actually disagreed and stayed together! And now is Izzie dying? I definately needed tissues!

I agree that it was probably the best episode of the season and maybe the entire airing of the show. It was deeply emotional and intense, with plenty of juicy and believable storylines. The hospital hoping the woman would donate her husband's organs in order to save the little boy really hit home as the same thing happened when we were deciding to remove my father from life support. Hospital and organ recovery people were pacing and hovering hoping we'd donate something from my father. So that brought on lots of tears from sad memories. The lethal injection was totally horrible, I am glad that Yan and Grey will reunite as a result of it tho. That prison dude was really creepy, and his mind games were scary. Poor Grey for having gotten entangled in it all. Most of all I am ecstatic at the Izzie outcome. Denny's come for her.....good, give her a good disease or a quick and painful accident and let her off the show. I haven't felt her character has had any real depth and meat especially since she started flapping her gums about the poor writing and producer's poor handling of her character. So all in all it was an episode full of a gamut of emotions. Excellent TV! :up::up::up:

Perhaps, but my TV time is limited, so having to watch Private Practice last week, this week, and next week makes me :angry: :wink: Last weeks episode of PP basically didn't have anything to do with Grey's Anatomy until the very end (or beginning) where she called Derek. So I could probably have skipped last weeks PP and watched the previews for this week :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom