Doctor Who and Torchwood - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2011, 01:57 AM   #211
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:36 AM
Having Matt and her be together for 3 seasons is a pretty interesting notion. It does hint at what sort of finale we can expect for season 6 in October or thereabouts, though. Moffat's put a lot of work in having every element under his stewardship tie together and so if Karen's still sticking around after this year then the colossal arc he's building probably won't be wrapped up in a tidy bow, either.

In fact there's actually a pretty interesting chain being slowly put together: pretty soon we're going to find out how Madame Kovarian and Amy's Baby are related to the Silence, and eventually learn how the Silence and "silence will fall" are connected to the TARDIS explosion and Prisoner Zero, Prisoner Zero who, of course, happened to escape through Amy Pond's wall.

And don't forget we still don't know why Canary Wharf and Journey's End apparently never happened.

MAN. eyeshadow.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:30 PM   #212
Blue Crack Supplier

2 Hot 2 Handle.

‪Craig Ferguson Show - Karen Gillan interview July 26 2011‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-02-2011, 05:42 PM   #213
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:36 AM
I'm beginning to think I'm never going to see Series 6. My local Who Source just played all of series 5, but then looped back around to Donna Noble and the Adipose. Sigh.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:35 PM   #214
Refugee

Local Time: 10:36 AM
‪Craig Ferguson 7/29/11E Late Late Show Matt Smith‬‏ - YouTube
Old 08-03-2011, 01:03 AM   #215
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
2 Hot 2 Handle.
She's just...beyond adorable.

She kills me...and the Scottish accent is the cherry on the top.

You called it Laz. Moons ago before I had even seen any Matt Smith episodes, you were all about Amy Pond. And fuck, you were right.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:57 AM   #216
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

U2DMfan I'm glad you're posting in here, your avatar is distracting when you post elsewhere.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #217
Refugee

THE STETSON RETURNS:

‪Doctor Who Series 6 Part 2 TV Trailer‬‏ - YouTube
Old 08-17-2011, 02:10 PM   #218
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

The Guardian gives a basically spoiler-free review of Let's Kill Hitler

Quote:
There was a thing in the middle of the trailer at the end of the Let's Kill Hitler screening last night. I was going to tell you what they were. Because it's obviously going to come out, after a roomful of journalists who have seen it, that they're back. But I can't bring myself to type the words because one of you beautiful, deranged spoilerphobes will have my eyes for it. But yes, apparently they're back. Even though Steven Moffat told us they weren't. When questioned about why he lied, at the following Q&A session, the gleeful Scot admitted: "I lie repeatedly and continually. It's by far the best way of communicating."

One of the lovely things about this series of Doctor Who is how giddily the press have played along. At every such event this year, Moffat has begged us not to reveal the many and various secrets. It's made reporting on this series of Doctor Who feel like a bizarre game of chicken. And it's not going to be the Guardian who breaks first.

And here's the problem. I can't tell you anything about Let's Kill Hitler. I can't tell you about the nature of Hitler's role in it. I can't tell you about who gets left in the cupboard. I can't tell you who thinks who is gay. I can't tell you about the miniaturisation ray. I can't tell you about the best friend we'd never heard mention of before. I can't tell you about the things with the tentacles. I can't tell you about the crop circles. And I definitely can't tell you about what Doctor Song (as I am refusing to stop calling her) does next. Saying anything at all gives it all away. It's the way with Moffat's intricately plotted scripts.

All I can tell you is that it's really rather good. And after my underwhelmed reaction to A Good Man Goes To War and all its kitchen sinks, it makes for a strong, standalone, character-based episode that manages to carry the weight of the entire series, while making perfect poetic sense. The series is heading in a bravely "hard sci-fi" direction for sure – the inevitable chat will be what the fabled "casual viewer" will make of it all. Yet as Moffat also pointed out: "Assuming an intelligent audience is a good idea and judging by our ratings, it's been a successful idea." (He also said he never goes online to read about the show, something else we know to be a lie.)

In the absence of anything concrete to reveal, I may as well tell you about our night at the BFI bar, which isn't as ridiculous as it sounds. Because after almost a decade working as a music journalist, the thrice-a-year Doctor Who events are fast becoming the most rock'n'roll nights in my calendar. It's partly because of the cast being there. In Karen Gillan (gorgeous in a flesh-coloured cocktail dress), Arthur Darvill (bearded and swaggering and newly-confident now he has a pivotal role in Who- lore) and Matt Smith (absent because of prior filming commitments) we have something of a sci-fi Brat Pack, which is new. It's partly because nobody in the crew seems averse to a spot of ill-advised Monday night drinking. It's partly because the sense of occasion that everything we've discussed above compels. But I think it's mainly because the privilege of being there – and the jealousy of hipster colleagues who four years ago wouldn't even admit to watching – is simply too exciting not to turn the whole thing into a party.

And yes, the episode itself is really, really good.
Who "they" are that's back is in spoiler:

Daleks

You want more?

wtf

as soon as this episode airs I'm making it my avatar

click again, I know you want to

Dalek Jellyfish? Gotta say that whatever it is, the design's a little scarier than the tinpot/egg beater Daleks on wheels

Final spoiler from Karen Gillan hinting at the plot and logic behind Let's Kill Hitler:

"we’ve also got a monster called the Teselecta in Let’s Kill Hitler which goes back in time to try to right the wrongs of the past.”

Old 08-18-2011, 03:18 AM   #219
Refugee

If you go to the BBC's website for Doctor Who, you can find a couple new clips from Let's Kill Hitler as well as a setup video.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #220
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Karen's announcement of the title in the setup video was absolutely hiliarious

Let's Kill Hitler!

Old 08-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #221
Blue Crack Addict

Sigh. Stupid PBS.

I'm really getting into Miracle Day, though.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:50 AM   #222
Blue Crack Addict

This last episode, with the 1927 flash back was really good.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:54 AM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
This last episode, with the 1927 flash back was really good.
Yeah, I'm so pumped for Friday's episode.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:36 PM   #224
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Old 08-25-2011, 10:55 PM   #225
Blue Crack Supplier

MARRY ME.

Tags
doctor who, torchwood