Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the news reports I've read thus far, Santiago was born in New Jersey and lived in Alaska for a time.

But yeah. It's totally the immigrants we should be scared of.

Since this thread is for a general discussion of the soon to be President Trump as the President Obama threads were, it does not seem appropriate to have the thread title labeled with an opinion.

Trump wants to act like an immature child on Twitter, I have no problem with the thread title reflecting that.

I find it hilarious that the party that use to embrace John Wayne machismo and mockingly use buzzwords like "safeplace" are now the ones always playing victim, are offended by a channel no one watches anymore, and elected a thin skinned man-child.

Exactly.

Anitram I suspect you're right. Sadly, alot of those people who will now never listen to me weren't Trump, or even GOP people a year ago. Or 6 months ago. They got convinced.

They got convinced to show up and vote. Let's get real, these weren't people who might have voted for Obama but he just didn't know how to properly speak to them. They didn't get convinced of any facts or policies, they were convinced to show up and cast a ballot for a guy who said outloud what they have been thinking for years but couldn't articulate in polite society.

The equivalent on the left are people 18-25 who have very low voting engagement and if you could get them to turn out the GOP wouldn't stand a chance.

I just unfriended my first FB 'friend' over politics. To be fair, he was a high school acquaintance, we barely talked back then, but he belongs to my folks' church, so whatever.

I'm all for reasonable discussion, but if you're going to come at me with stereotypical Trump supporter language and call me a hypocrite because I don't give equal bashing time to Hilary and Obama, I have no room for you in my personal life.

At least my 98-year old grandpa apologized for saying 'libtard' and calls me 'honeybun' when he disagrees with me.

Libtard. Snowflake. What the fuck has happened when a whole chunk of Americans have to denigrate and abuse/label the people who are at the forefront of fighting for freedom. The freedom to be treated equally regardless of race, sexuality, gender etc.
You're a libtard if you think that's important?
Where did that even come from?

Sent from my SM-G920I using U2 Interference mobile app

Libtard. Snowflake. What the fuck has happened when a whole chunk of Americans have to denigrate and abuse/label the people who are at the forefront of fighting for freedom. The freedom to be treated equally regardless of race, sexuality, gender etc.
You're a libtard if you think that's important?
Where did that even come from?

I don't think this is uncommon outside of the United States - ie. using terms to denigrate others based on political values. The notion of liberals being the ones who 'fight for freedom' is a bit amusing though.

My point is the American message is often about freedom. The land of the free. A lot of the liberal movements which seem to incense conservatives is, actually, fighting for freedoms.
Your first point is both true and sad. Howevet the venom in that Breitbart comments section is something else.

I'm mostly desensitised to comments sections at this point. I've seen enough comments sections on Murdoch-owned news sites to get that view! There's enough of it on Twitter.

I just unfriended my first FB 'friend' over politics. To be fair, he was a high school acquaintance, we barely talked back then, but he belongs to my folks' church, so whatever.

I'm all for reasonable discussion, but if you're going to come at me with stereotypical Trump supporter language and call me a hypocrite because I don't give equal bashing time to Hilary and Obama, I have no room for you in my personal life.

At least my 98-year old grandpa apologized for saying 'libtard' and calls me 'honeybun' when he disagrees with me.
Can we now call you honeybun?

I've known that fake news was a problem, and that much of Twitter is a cespool... but I've been following along on GOP Twitter on this Ft Lauderdale shooting... And holy shit no wonder we are where we are. It's so much worse than I thought and I thought it was pretty bad. The number of just blatantly false stories that are being retweeted tens of thousands... hundreds of thousands of times in some cases... is baffling and downright concerning.

That people so easily believe this crap... and believe that people telling them they are wrong are "elitist" or "libtards"... and actually retweeting real information as #fakenews and fake news as real...

It's frightening.

It's also incredibly easy to see how a woefully unqualified candidate, who is riddled with bankruptcies and billions in debt, can get elected. People merely believe what they want with no worry for actual facts. And this makes us sooooo incredibly vulnerable to the type of campaigns that Russia has launched this last year(s).

I don't know what you do about it either, without infringing on freedom of speech.

Technology truly is turning the things that made this country great against us.

Can impeachment proceedings not start against Trump when he enters office over the hacking? I can't believe what is going on and his tweeting is making himself look as guilty as sin, deflecting from Russia. It's blatantly obvious what he's doing. It's just absolutely baffling how the US has got in this mess and incredible at what is going on. Outside of what political party you support, Trump isn't a Republican, he's out for himself and noone else and he represents a serious risk.

I honestly don't understand how this whole hacking thing hasn't rendered his chance at the presidency automatically invalid from the get-go. How is he still allowed to even take office with that hovering over him?

As for your post, Headache...do I dare even ask just what kinds of nonsense people are sharing on Twitter in regards to the shooting?

That people so easily believe this crap... and believe that people telling them they are wrong are "elitist" or "libtards"

This is why I can't really get into the, "Let's just try talking to these people" mindset. Like I said, if I encounter somebody who IS willing to engage, certainly, but when people dismiss anything simply because a "libtard" said it...sorry, at that point I think that person is beyond trying to engage with.

CNN Photoshoping a picture of Santiago to make him look whiter is a big one... Only it never happened and the website that first tweeted it didn't even use the right Santiago.

Santiago took a picture holding up one finger, which apparently makes him a part of ISIS. (Thus also making Larry Bird, allegedly, part of ISIS).

He lived 1.6 miles away from the only mosque in Anchorage. This, apparently, makes him part of ISIS.

Also there's apparently a group of militant Islamic terrorists training outside of Anchorage, and that's why he moved there. The US government either doesn't know (because they don't have Twitter?) or are complicit cause Obama also likes to put one finger up (also a thing, I shit you not).

CNN is reporting fake news because Air Canada tweeted that they have no record that Santiago boarded one of their flights (he didn't... initial reports were wrong, he was on a Delta flight. Unless of course Delta is in on it... also a thing)

Santiago is a CIA operative. This is true because in the only picture he took in London, there are two people behind him on phones, looking in the same direction as Santiago. These are his CIA handlers. Yes, this is a thing.

Santiago wore a green middle eastern scarf, which makes him part of ISIS (and also makes half the meatpacking district part of ISIS).

He made a MySpace page in 2007 using an Islamic name and posted Islamic music. He was also posting in Islamic weaponry websites about explosives and how to make them. He was 16 at the time.

Micheal Moore believes Trump will start a war before 2018

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Wouldn't surprise me. Really wouldn't.

And it probably wouldn't be a war that was planned out, either. It'd probably be started over something stupid Trump said about a world leader on Twitter, or some important government information he didn't keep his mouth shut about, or something.

As for Headache's post...*Sighs, puts head in hands* Wow.

The "one finger" and CIA stuff is particularly mind-boggling. Just...what? How do people get to where they buy into that sort of incredibly out there thinking? I don't understand.

Look at this terrorist

bird3.jpg

Those shorts are terrorizing

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

All I can say without getting too angry and carried away is this.... The world lost when trump won (and a very very shady win indeed). In trumps own words the world lost "BIGLY". That is all I have to say. Carry on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom