THEOCRACY WATCH!!! Texas Gov signs anti-gay, anti-choice legislation in church - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2005, 09:41 PM   #106
Refugee

Local Time: 12:41 AM
Yeah Melon ur right. That's because "you're either with us or against us"!! (YEEHAW!!!)

Old 06-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #107
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

Exactly right.

The term "anti-choice" makes me want to vomit.
i seen you post about vomiting before

so I got you this

Old 06-08-2005, 11:43 PM   #108
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep

i seen you post about vomiting before

so I got you this

Thank you very much!
Old 06-09-2005, 12:01 AM   #109
Jesus Online

Local Time: 11:41 AM
No one likes abortion. No one is a swinging great supporter of them. Certainly not in our little forum here. Everyone is aware of the great emotional trauma one results in. We all know that they are possibly the most difficult choice a couple or woman could make. And both sides most definitely want to see less of them. If only we could all do more to remember those who eventually filter down to those who support the option (pro choice) also think this, we'd be doing better already. If we could only do more to remember that those who oppose it, do not want women to end up in dangerous situations and would rather we focus on ways of simply not needing them, then we'd again be doing better.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:45 AM   #110
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by OneBadStay

"Anti-Choice" is a derogatory term for pro-lifers. It's considered offensive.

You know what I find offensive? That somehow you're the one who decides what happens to me when I'm pregnant. That's offensive.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:48 AM   #111
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by XHendrix24

Nono, I'm not intending to start any argument. I've seen and participated in plenty of arguments on the issue. I'm just honestly curious if Pro-Choice people that call Pro-Life people "Anti-Choice" would mind being called "Anti-Life." It's the exact thing they do, just turned around.

If it'll help avoid conflict, a yes/no answer would suffice.
Pro-choice people are not "anti-life." On the contrary, we tend to put living, breathing women first, rather than treat them as merely vessels that are intending for breeding.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:42 AM   #112
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:41 AM
80's, I can't remember if you are pro death penalty? Because the author of the book I sited is making the point that most abortions are given to poor women who cannot afford a child, and that those children are the most likely to grow up and commit crimes. He is very good at going through the possible reasons for the crime drop, but the point is, if those children had not been aborted they would have killed others (which you are against right?) and that you (if you are pro death penalty) would have killed them in turn. You should check out the book because the author actually does have a stance on abortion. He is interested in why certain things occur (like why most drug dealers live with their mothers). That doesn't mean that the whole question wouldn't been different if we all had equal opportunities. If you want to change abortion, you really need to change society.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:43 AM   #113
Acrobat

Okay, I can't write: It's cited.

And I meant that the author does not have a stance about abortion.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:53 AM   #114
Refugee

Local Time: 12:41 AM
....being pro-life and pro-death penalty aren't contradicting, right?? Being pro-states rights and then wanting a Constitutional amendment banning gay marriage aren't contradicting, right?

Old 06-09-2005, 11:27 AM   #115
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by MissMoo
80's, I can't remember if you are pro death penalty? Because the author of the book I sited is making the point that most abortions are given to poor women who cannot afford a child, and that those children are the most likely to grow up and commit crimes. He is very good at going through the possible reasons for the crime drop, but the point is, if those children had not been aborted they would have killed others (which you are against right?) and that you (if you are pro death penalty) would have killed them in turn. You should check out the book because the author actually does have a stance on abortion. He is interested in why certain things occur (like why most drug dealers live with their mothers). That doesn't mean that the whole question wouldn't been different if we all had equal opportunities. If you want to change abortion, you really need to change society.
Actually, I am against the death penalty, but only because I know that innocent people do get executed. Death penalty and abortion are 2 separate issues.

I agree that the attitude of society needs to change in order to make abortion non-existent. However, in the meantime, I believe in the need to make abortion illegal; since I believe abortion is murder, I don't think the government shouyld be condoning murder.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:32 AM   #116
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by unosdostres14
....being pro-life and pro-death penalty aren't contradicting, right?
Well, I'm prolife and anti-death penalty, but no I do not think that prolifers who are pro death penalty are being contradictory.

If a fetus is a living human being, then abortion is murder of innocents.

The death penalty, however, is intended as a punishment against people who have been convicted of heinous crimes. It is also a way of protecting society from the possibility of a heinous murderer escaping from prison and killing again.

If people were never wrongly convicted, and never wrongly executed, I would support the death penalty. However, wrongful executions do occur, and so I cannot support it, because in those cases, it is indeed murder.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:09 PM   #117
Blue Crack Addict

So we should kill people who have been proven to kill other people to show other people that killing is wrong?

Ack, this stuff is so confusing....*runs and hides*
Old 06-09-2005, 12:12 PM   #118
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by unosdostres14
....being pro-life and pro-death penalty aren't contradicting, right??
I am "pro-life" except in limited circumstances.

I am also "pro-death penalty" - again, in limited circumstances.

I am also agnostic, bordering on atheist.

Go figure!
Old 06-09-2005, 12:21 PM   #119
She's the One

Quote:
Originally posted by financeguy

I am "pro-life" except in limited circumstances.

This is always the fun one. The guy who gets to decide that some women can make their own choices, but only the women who meet his criteria.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:23 PM   #120
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
This is always the fun one. The guy who gets to decide that some women can make their own choices, but only the women who meet his criteria.
Nope. The "guy" doesn't get to decide. Society gets to decide.