The Future of Technology - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2002, 08:23 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:03 AM
When it comes to vital national security issues, there does need to be a close door policy to prevent the exposure of intelligence or intelligence collecting methods. This already has been a fact for decades if not over a century in many other area's. There is always a check on the executive branch. There are elections every 4 years and the current president and his cabinent can be dumped by the people if they don't like their policies.

3,025 people died on Sept. 11, and business as usual police procedure is not going to prevent the next attack.

My father and several other friends and family have worked for the government in the military and they are not "tools" to advance anyones power. Bush does care about them and has increased their pay unlike the previous administration. There are not labor unions for the military and there should not be unions for homeland security either. This is national security, not the private sector.

Bush is concerned about the national security of the country and is working hard to prevent new attacks by Al-quada or any other group.

You say we never prevent something before it turns into a monster? So what monsters are you talking about?

Rather than being to trusting, Americans are way to suspicious. Hollywood and Oliver Stone are not reality.

You make some points that make it sound like, democraticly were worse off today than we were 50 years ago? If you think thats so, how would you reach that conclusion?

Old 11-25-2002, 08:33 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:03 AM
i like to say tauzin-dingell.

but it scares me.

Old 11-25-2002, 08:53 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
You say we never prevent something before it turns into a monster? So what monsters are you talking about?
Read my article. Those are the "monsters" I'm talking about.

But I know how people are. They won't notice until things have gone too far. Hence, antitrust legislation in the 1890s after the monopolies were formed. And the same will be for the erosion of privacy. "After" the fact, when it is too late.

Melon
Old 11-25-2002, 08:54 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
Rather than being to trusting, Americans are way to suspicious. Hollywood and Oliver Stone are not reality.
Umm...I've been into technology for well over a decade, and I've been watching the trends towards technology for just as long. This isn't "suspicion." This is reality, and if you don't believe it, then I can't help you.

Melon
Old 11-25-2002, 09:05 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:03 AM
I was talking specifically about the motives and actions of the government and not necessarily technology.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:41 AM   #21
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 09:03 AM
Sting:

of course it would be the safest for the Americans if everyone would be imprisoned and the prison guard would care that noone can harm us

Okay i'm pretty sure - even if terrorist attacs would be reduced drastically it's not our goal to transform the US in such a country of 100% control and security.

So the question is, what should be the government alowed to do to reduce terrorist attacs.

Imho the laws before 9/11 gave enough power and possibilites to the government.
If people of the CIA or FBI fail to do their job it's no good idea to give them more power.
Lots of interest groups abuse the 9/11 desater to increase their power and we should make up our own mind and not just agree to everything because the so called leader of the free world says so.

Klaus