One Term President - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2003, 09:28 PM   #31
us3
The Fly

Local Time: 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

I am still waiting for someone to show me a clear and present danger with Iraq.

Peace
curious what is the def. of clear and present danger?

Old 02-17-2003, 09:42 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by us3

curious what is the def. of clear and present danger?
OK....I can clarify what I mean...and this may not be others definitions.....so here it goes.

If the President is going to invade Iraq without the UN....to satisfy me as an American....I want him to get on TV....and make the case that we are in immediate danger of attack from Iraq.

If they feel they cannot make the case to the public do to intelligence reasons.....They should make it to the UN.

If the UN backs the use of force I will be satisfied as well.

If they do not trust the information with the UN then they should supply the information to the Congress, so my elected representatives can do their job.

If the "evidence" is supplied to my Congressman and Senator and Congress issues a formal Declaration of War I will be satisfied as well.

As of today, I feel that the only person from the administration that has come close to making a case is Powell, and all he did was confirm what Blix has said, they are not fully cooperating. The autorization for use of force, does not cover an invasion for me. I see authorization for use of force as a tool for an immediate crisis not a contained Iraq.

Old 02-17-2003, 09:45 PM   #33
us3
The Fly

Local Time: 07:17 AM
thank you dreadsox.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:51 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Ummm... That is it?

LOL Your welcome!!!!!
Old 02-17-2003, 09:58 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:17 AM
wasnt "A Clear and Present Danger" a
novel by someone?

thank u-

diamond
clancy.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:04 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:17 PM
Good, Dreadsox! Thanks for all of the interesting dialogue. This PLEBA girl is going home. No offense to anyone but I'm not overly fond of controversy. I suppose this is a bit incongruous for a U2 fan, and a member of the AWF, but the AWF isn't really politics because it's non-partisan. I'm an autistic and we're quirky. I only came to talk about the war because I have such strong feelings about it. I respect the views of those who don't agree. Some of your arguments are very logical. I don't like Saddam, either. I personally don''t think a war will oust him--the first one didn't and two wars didn't oust Slobodan Milosovic. A botched political election, which elected a new president, not to mention a summons from the Hague, did that. I enjoyed my visit! See you around!
Old 02-17-2003, 11:07 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Authorization to use force in Iraq was already given by the UN security council resolution 687! Also, its rather obvious what violating the 1991 Gulf War Ceace Fire terms meant.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:37 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

Sting...

I am sorry, but when I was in the military, the UN was not in charge of me. My oath was to the COnstitution of the UNited States not the UN. Also, the cease fire is a UN agreement isn't it? It seems wrong that we should presume to enforce papers that the UN does not wish to.
Old 02-17-2003, 11:42 PM   #39
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
If the President is going to invade Iraq without the UN....to satisfy me as an American....I want him to get on TV....and make the case that we are in immediate danger of attack from Iraq.
Ain't gonna happen. President Bush want his war, and he'll likely get it.

Quote:
If they feel they cannot make the case to the public do to intelligence reasons.....They should make it to the UN.
[rhetorical question] Why would Pres. Bush bother making his case to the U.N. when he has already stated that the U.N. is irrelevant unless its members agree with him? [/rhetorical question]
Quote:
If the UN backs the use of force I will be satisfied as well.

If they do not trust the information with the UN then they should supply the information to the Congress, so my elected representatives can do their job.

If the "evidence" is supplied to my Congressman and Senator and Congress issues a formal Declaration of War I will be satisfied as well.
Dreadsox, I am SO with you on that one, but in my opinion there is no way that is going to happen. President Bush believes if he shows absolute resolve (read "hard-headed, bone-headed, obstinate bully-ishness"), that he will fare well with the public and ultimately be re-elected.
Quote:
As of today, I feel that the only person from the administration that has come close to making a case is Powell, and all he did was confirm what Blix has said, they are not fully cooperating. The autorization for use of force, does not cover an invasion for me. I see authorization for use of force as a tool for an immediate crisis not a contained Iraq.
I agree with you totally.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:08 AM   #40
Babyface

one hairy bush

when push comes to shove, el presidente has never had a clue with international relations...it was the fear when he got elected 2 years ago

however, ironically, his plan with iraq is to push till it breaks which makes sense but his domestic policy is the laughing stock of a senile reagan administration

one only hopes that iraq does break, and it should somehow.

bush is your typical southern racist baptist who believes his horses are his family. his bro in florida is happily running that state into the ground. but thank god he 'stole' gov. ridge from pennsylvania so we could turn this place around.

i am glad a narrow-minded bullhead is running this country against terror and iraq. i'm am just sorry that he has to mend the farm too.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:08 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Dreadsox,

" I am sorry, but when I was in the military, the UN was not in charge of me. My oath was to the COnstitution of the UNited States not the UN. Also, the cease fire is a UN agreement isn't it? It seems wrong that we should presume to enforce papers that the UN does not wish to."

Well then you seem to be saying that the UN is irrelevant which is puzzling since you say that if the UN approves it then you would go along with it period. My point is that the UN already approved the use of force in resolution 687. It reafirmed that resolution in 1441 last fall. Congress has already approved the Presidents use of force and there is not going to be another vote in Congress.
Old 02-18-2003, 12:29 AM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: one hairy bush

Quote:
Originally posted by timoroni
when push comes to shove, el presidente has never had a clue with international relations...it was the fear when he got elected 2 years ago

however, ironically, his plan with iraq is to push till it breaks which makes sense but his domestic policy is the laughing stock of a senile reagan administration

one only hopes that iraq does break, and it should somehow.

bush is your typical southern racist baptist who believes his horses are his family. his bro in florida is happily running that state into the ground. but thank god he 'stole' gov. ridge from pennsylvania so we could turn this place around.

i am glad a narrow-minded bullhead is running this country against terror and iraq. i'm am just sorry that he has to mend the farm too.
who's the new cat?

loved your post timo, easy on our beloved Pres tho....

thank u-

diamond
Old 02-18-2003, 01:01 AM   #43
Babyface

easy on the schmuck-brain? never

the true solution to all the worlds problems is education, always has, always will be

too bad his education was one of priviledge not thought
Old 02-18-2003, 01:11 AM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

hey the man is for school choice
and gW sends his love
DB9
Old 02-18-2003, 01:18 AM   #45
Ghost of Love

I feel the need to flame someone and call some names before I go to bed.

Soooooo

GW sucks big

And he's a big who likes

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you