Canada Votes 2006 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2005, 07:35 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 02:13 PM
Canada Votes 2006

Well we are in the midst of another Election. Doesnt seem like much will change.

So what are the issues to you and who do you think are representing those issues best?

Old 12-19-2005, 10:05 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 03:13 PM
I'm voting for The Canadian Action Party. I have given up all hope in regards to the Liberals and NDP and I cannot stand the Conservatives (I still get mad when thinking of Brian Mulroney). In my district the Liberals always win so I guess my vote is a protest vote. Oh well, at least CAP is closer to what I beleive than any of the other parties. As far as Issues go...
Health Care
Child Poverty
US Hegemony (did I spell that right???)

Old 12-29-2005, 07:18 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Heaven In Alberta, Where We Got All Hell For A Basement..
if i was 18 id vote conservitive
Old 12-29-2005, 07:41 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:43 PM
I almost don't give a shit anymore, let the Conservatives take over, let's see how much "better" they can do, and then let's clean up the mess afterwards, just to make a point. Unfortunately, that point could be costly but then we could just appoint the Liberals as our permanent gov't.

Our political system is such a mess right now, it's like picking which convict you would like to share a cell with, it doesn't matter cause you're gonna get screwed in the end.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:13 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Heaven In Alberta, Where We Got All Hell For A Basement..
ya really i dont even think that we need a gov. any its all going to hell anyway and they all steal ur money...lol
Old 12-29-2005, 08:56 PM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 04:13 PM
It will be hard this time... the two possible leading partis are trash. Still, I'd rather stay with Martin than trying the conservatives, especialy if Harper is their chief. I don't want to have to hear again of gay marriage (I'm for anyway) and matters like abortion, which he's against.

Layton would be the best to me but unfortunatly, he doesn't really care about Quebec. I understand him (he knows it's almost impossible to fight against the Bloc over here !) but I'm a Quebecker and I must try to fight for my interests A friend of me who didn't know for who to vote told me she'd vote bloc, for me.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:01 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by vervex

Clayton would be the best to me but unfortunatly, he doesn't really care about Quebec.
Layton

Liberals all the way...commence the attack
Old 12-29-2005, 09:07 PM   #8
The Fly

^
Ahahah thanks for correcting me Stupid mistake !
Old 12-29-2005, 09:09 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:13 PM
Quote:
^
Ahahah thanks for correcting me Stupid mistake !
Not stupid...I'm sure Adam was on your mind
Old 12-29-2005, 09:12 PM   #10
The Fly

^
Ahah probably I'm reading so much about U2 during vacations anyway thanks.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:26 AM   #11
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
It will be hard this time... the two possible leading partis are trash. Still, I'd rather stay with Martin than trying the conservatives, especialy if Harper is their chief. I don't want to have to hear again of gay marriage (I'm for anyway) and matters like abortion, which he's against.

Layton would be the best to me but unfortunatly, he doesn't really care about Quebec. I understand him (he knows it's almost impossible to fight against the Bloc over here !) but I'm a Quebecker and I must try to fight for my interests A friend of me who didn't know for who to vote told me she'd vote bloc, for me.
please don't vote bloc.

seriously.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:51 PM   #12
MacPhisto's serving wench

Green Party for me, although Liberals always win in this riding, so there's little chance of my vote counting.

I do not want to live in a country where Steven Harper is prime minister. I don't want to rehash the gay-marriage laws. The issues I care about? Health care (fighting privitization) and education. Liberals announced a plan today to pay for haf of first and least year's unviersity tuition beginning in 2007. Not much, but a start. I'd also like to see some emphasis placed on nationalism, and avoiding another referendum.

Harper's playing it much cooler this time around, which makes me think its all an act. How much could he really have changed since 2004? I fear, if Canada goes conservative and Harper sides with the Bloc, we're headed for separatism.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:01 PM   #13
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96

please don't vote bloc.

seriously.
Ahaha why shouldn't ? :-P
When you have the choice between thiefs and a man that is against everything, I choose for another alternative... and Bloc is one of them. They do nothing except bragging sometimes about Quebec. It's not like they were dangerous

I'm just sad Boisclair was elected as the PQ chief this year. If people elect the PQ in Quebec in the next elections, there will be referendum and if enough people vote, Quebec will have its "souveraineté". THAT is something I seriously don't want. Besides, I hate Boisclair. Arg.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

vervex, if you vote for the BLOC PARTY (PUN INTENDED! brilliant!) you'll be voting for separation anyway.

are there NO federalist options you feel comfortable with? the greens? ndp?

to be perfectly fair, quebec garners a LOT of attention. how much more do they really need?

how much do you know about manitoba? what about our needs?
Old 01-06-2006, 10:53 PM   #15
The Fly

We all know that since the Bloc is there, they make nothing anyway. As I told you, the PQ can be a lot more troublesome in the province. The Green Party talks about raising taxes for the gaz and anything polluating. - make them pay !- sorry, not everybody has the money to buy an hybrid car over here, fucker. Their methods piss me off to the highest point.
NPD looks nice, but doesn't really give a shit about my province so...

We get attention because we yell louder lol And we're different. Quebeckers just want recognition after all. We don't have the same religion, the same values, the same tradition nor folklore.

I concider myself as Canadian and will seriously concider moving in Ontario if Quebec becomes a country, only I am Quebecker in my soul and will always stay one. Not always easy to be both, Canadian and Quebecker, and to actualy believe in the two sides