Ask the American Expatriate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TheQuiet1 said:
Nah, it's probably just the wilds of North Yorkshire being behind the times!

meegannie said:
Electric toothbrushes and razors use a razor socket here (they're smaller and have two-pronged plugs). Most bathrooms (not mine, so I have to use an electric toothbrush with batteries :mad: ) have that kind of socket fitted, just not the standard socket.

You're not alone! :hug: There isn't any kind of a socket in the bathroom in my home either but everything like razors, toothbrushes etc is rechargable rather than batteries (way better IMO). Anyway, I'm just gonna go and pitch my drinking water out of the local well now, so see ya all later...

Hey Megan, A couple of years ago, I used to be an American expatriate also! So I can relate to some of the things you mentioned. This must be very common, because all of my expatriate friends, American and non-American went through the same thing (with different food cravings, sometimes an inability to focus, etc...). Sometimes the amount of 'little things' you needed to adjust to on a daily basis become overwhelming. The good news is that all things get easier with time. Be good to yourself. You've made the right decision. Let us know how things are going with you! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom