Ask the American Expatriate - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 01-31-2006, 09:54 AM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:31 AM
Originally posted by TheQuiet1
Nah, it's probably just the wilds of North Yorkshire being behind the times!
Originally posted by meegannie
Electric toothbrushes and razors use a razor socket here (they're smaller and have two-pronged plugs). Most bathrooms (not mine, so I have to use an electric toothbrush with batteries ) have that kind of socket fitted, just not the standard socket.
You're not alone! There isn't any kind of a socket in the bathroom in my home either but everything like razors, toothbrushes etc is rechargable rather than batteries (way better IMO). Anyway, I'm just gonna go and pitch my drinking water out of the local well now, so see ya all later...

Old 01-31-2006, 11:37 AM   #62
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:31 PM
Hey Megan, A couple of years ago, I used to be an American expatriate also! So I can relate to some of the things you mentioned. This must be very common, because all of my expatriate friends, American and non-American went through the same thing (with different food cravings, sometimes an inability to focus, etc...). Sometimes the amount of 'little things' you needed to adjust to on a daily basis become overwhelming. The good news is that all things get easier with time. Be good to yourself. You've made the right decision. Let us know how things are going with you!