Analyze your views

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dislike this questionnaire. It's slanted terribly to the left, merely by how it is worded. I mean, who is going to support trans-national corporations over humanity and say that the Jews are responsible for their persecution?

In fact, I actually hate to say this (coming from someone who used to identify himself as leftist), but this is so slanted that I can't even answer the questions...

...but I did anyway.

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -5.95

I don't know how accurate this is. I would consider myself post-ideological.

Ormus

I agree though that the way this is set up the results will let you believe you're views are more "left" oriented than they really are

i remember a similar thread based on the same website... long ago. :| :crack:

Anyways, my political compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.88
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -4.77

~ Gandhi

Also, from Quizilla:

Democrat - You believe that there should be a free market which is reigned in by a modest state beaurocracy. You think that capitalism has some good things, but that those it helps should be obliged to help out their fellow man a little. Your historical role model is Franklin Rosevelt.

Last edited:
Quizilla.... :ohmy:

1043304323_uizchomsky.JPG

Anarcho-Syndicalist - You believe that governments and corporations are both equally evil. You think that all people should have maximum personal freedom. You think everyone should have control over their economic production, because the economy should be structured completely in terms of cooperatives and communes. Your historical role model is Noam Chomsky.

"Don't know what I want but I know how to get it"

As with many such quizzes, I found the questions to leave little room for better answers.

Anyway, my compass (for what it's worth):

Economic Left/Right: 4.00
Authoritarian/Libertarian: 1.03

Now, why are there so many posts that FYM is dominated by conservatives????

I don't really think FYM is overly biased either to left or right. There's kind of a nice mix here...I can think of five or six conservatives who post regularly and probably around the same number of liberals. I think it's what makes FYM a cool place to have our discussions. :)

That said...that quiz is SO biased towards the left/liberal it's not even funny. I should imagine you'd have to try fairly hard to get onto the right/authoritarian of the spectrum!

I truly don't think it was that poorly written.

Economic Left/Right: -4.12
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -5.59

I find it interesting and rather than disturbing to see Tony Blair (supposedly Labour) right next to Kenneth Clarke (Conservative), and far closer to Margaret Thatcher (Conservative) than to Tony Benn (Labour, and my political idol). However, I guess it is not surprising, seeing as our prime-minister is a closet conservative.

Ant.

I agree with you Anthony - Tony Blair barely counts as a Labour politician in my eyes, as someone who supported the bombing of Iraq, who has launched some of the harshest attacks on asylum seekers we're ever seen and who introduced university tuition fees, I think he betrays everything the Labour Party stands for.

(Have you seen the placards Stop the War Coalition have now - the ones that say BLAIR OUT? I don't exactly agree with the political wisdom of using that slogan...but sometimes I really do want to chant that as loud as possible!)

Fizz

Tony Blair is a righteous man, and a born leader. Clearly he has become more realistic over the years and turned from the dark side and joined us conservatives alongside Maggie.

Peace to all.

John Milton said:
Clearly he has become more realistic over the years and turned from the dark side and joined us conservatives alongside Maggie.

Well in that case I wish he'd just :censored: off and join the Tory Party and leave the Labour Party to those who actually believe in its values.

Back
Top Bottom