America will decline and fall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The american economy is not going to collapse. However, over the next 4 years Bush will continue to gut our economy and erode our military. What that actually means is anybodys guess, but I dont like to think about it thats for sure. Having China telling us what to do is not something I like to ponder. I did my part in voting for kerry. I am truely sorry for the rest of the world, not just those in america.

shrmn8rpoptart said:
is everyone in the rest of the world going to honestly tell me that things would have gotten much better if kerry were elected president? if you think so, your level of ignorance on the american political system is showing. both candidates are just opposite sides of the corporation controlled coin...either way, things are going to continue in the same direction, like it or not

I don't think most people think it would have been *that* different. You are right, there is a political context and culture in the states that does not change, whoever is President.

But the symbolic importance of Bush's re-election cannot be over-stated. Kerry did represent more tolerant and less conservative values. In terms of foreign policcy, Democrats have always been more multilateralist, and Bush has pushed the doctrine of unilateralism further than ever. The US has been going in the wrong direction for while, IMO, but now it's just going faster and with more conviction in that same wrong direction.

And yes, the US Empire will fall someday, like any other empire. It might not be as soon as some people are predicting, but the Bush way of doing things can only contribute to a more rapid decline.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

nah... if the world didn't end when the red sox won the world series, it ain't gonna end now.

have to admit, youre on to something here. Sox taking out my Yankees, I think what someone mentioned earlier might be true, it is the armegeddon!

RademR said:

have to admit, youre on to something here. Sox taking out my Yankees, I think what someone mentioned earlier might be true, it is the armegeddon!

The Red Sox winning the WS is clearly a sign of the end-times. So, by default, that would make Bush the Antichrist. :wink:

</sarcasm>

anitram said:
Of course every kingdom rises and every kingdom falls. Just not tomorrow.

Exactly. If anyone thinks the USA will remain the dominant superpower forever, they are both delusional and ignorant.

I hope that America is the last dominant superpower and in its place peaceful and equal global government can exist.

A_Wanderer said:
I hope that America is the last dominant superpower and in its place peaceful and equal global government can exist.

i hope you're right.

never has a more humane, generous and free society existed than the capitalist liberal democracy. it shifts responsiblity from government to a collection of individuals who, in exercising rights rather than responsibilities, cannot be held accountable for sins of omission. then the needs of the world which are not in practice met by profitable capital investment may be ignored in the name of the 'right' to dispose of one's property as one pleases. when such needs are essetial to the survival of life, tragedy - of unlimited proportions - has and will necessarily ensue. humane capitalism may destroy us all.
-philip goodchild

unfortunately america is the beacon for this bleak future.

What do you mean WE have become so egomaniacal. I come from the greatest state in the country, the strongest, the best, the best and most noble people and I tell you, we may be concerned for YOU, those who are teetering and falling in this country, but we are very solid and feel strong here.

This country, it is prophesied WILL have problems, the constitution, it is prophesied WILL "hang by a thread", BUT it won't fall. A very strong, and noble people will save it. Yes, I'm talking about LDS people.

Anyway, no, that's not the purpose of this country. The purpose of this country is to be the country that truth can come out of. We WILL have problems here just like the rest of the world will be in chaos. That's just the way it will be. But, I tell you, no country will ever be able to take over this country, and you are so accurate, what affects this country will affect the rest of this world. So, don't go crowing too loudly that we decline and fall.

We certainly won't.

But, this is a good thing. It's good that this country's consitution will one day "hang by a thread." It won't fall, and it will give great opportunity for the true church.:) Everything that happens is for that reason. Watch and see.

I think in this election, already, Utah has come away looking very rosy in many ways. And we certainly feel rosy, totally at peace. What's the rest of your problems?

Last edited:
A_Wanderer said:
Prophecy does not determine the fate of a nation, it rests in the hands of man.

There are MEN who follow the true God, and who belong to His TRUE religion. So a man or woman will truly have the power, but he/she can also be following the true God and will be the "instrument in His hand" to bring about whatever He wants.

Last edited:
Se7en said:

it may be that many of us are not mormon.

i.e. your prophecy is meaningless to us.

So, you consider it a problem that you're not Mormon, lol.

It's not MY prophecy, and it may not mean anything to everyone BUT if it's the truth, and from the true God, who does have a design for everything it WILL have meaning to everyone one day.

But, really, that's not the issue, now, is it? The issue is, will American decline and fall...no. It won't.

U2Traveller said:

So, you consider it a problem that you're not Mormon, lol.

witty.

It's not MY prophecy, and it may not mean anything to everyone BUT if it's the truth, and from the true God, who does have a design for everything it WILL have meaning to everyone one day.

i'd love to see proof of this absolute truth from the true god. time will tell. :sexywink:

But, really, that's not the issue, now, is it? The issue is, will American decline and fall...no. It won't.

i feel as though you are overlooking the global socioeconomic and ecological situations in favor of religous views. while this is your prerogative, i will have to state resolutely that i see that as a mistake.

nothing lasts forever.

Se7en said:

witty.

i'd love to see proof of this absolute truth from the true god. time will tell. :sexywink:

i feel as though you are overlooking the global socioeconomic and ecological situations in favor of religous views. while this is your prerogative, i will have to state resolutely that i see that as a mistake.

nothing lasts forever.

I do look at global, socioeconomic and ecological situations in favor of religious views. Religious people think just as well as you. There are always those who don't think on BOTH sides, religious, and non-religious.

I think. Kerry just was NOT a better choice. If he had been, he would've won...period. Unfortunately, there WERE no good choices.

America is not going to fall. It may hang by a thread for many reasons, but, guaranteed, that is NOT what God has in mind for America, that is falls. Will we have problems? Yes. Whatever they are, whatever will make the "conistitution hang by a thread" will happen.

I've actually already heard comments like that in this election. They said that if things didn't work out as far as the voting in this election, if there were major problems it would "severely test" the constitution. When I heard those words from one media source my little ears perked up.

Last edited:
U2Traveller said:

I do look at global, socioeconomic and ecological situations in favor of religious views. Religious people think just as well as you. There are always those who don't think on BOTH sides, religious, and non-religious.

I think. Kerry just was NOT a better choice. If he had been, he would've won...period. Unfortunately, there WERE no good choices.

America is not going to fall. It may hang by a thread for many reasons, but, guaranteed, that is NOT what God has in mind for America, that is falls. Will we have problems? Yes. Whatever they are, whatever will make the "conistitution hang by a thread" will happen.

I've actually already heard comments like that in this election. They said that if things didn't work out as far as the voting in this election, if there were major problems it would "severely test" the constitution. When I heard those words from one media source my little ears perked up.

Quoting David Bowie: "I'm afraid of americans".

Everytime i see this U2Traveller speaking i can't help but think: oh my God... it really is dark ages period again in America...

This guy really believes that America is the country chosen by God to lead the masses to the light... And he mix religion and politics in a very twisted/distorted way...

Religion and politics, just like the muslims they fight against...

U2_Guy said:

Everytime i see this U2Traveller speaking i can't help but think: oh my God... it really is dark ages period again in America...

This guy really believes that America is the country chosen by God to lead the masses to the light... And he mix religion and politics in a very twisted/distorted way...

I'm not a guy, and you can quit with the insults.

U2_Guy said:

Where are the insults lady?

Originally posted by U2_Guy

U2_Guy said:

Perhaps you may want to articulate an issue rather than resort to bigotry and name calling....

We always have room for well reasoned arguments here in FYM

U2Traveller
The Fly

Local time:
11-04-2004 10:41 AM

11-04-2004 05:10 PM -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would never in a million live in Canada. It looks like only wimps move there.

Name calling...insults...hmmmmm

I see...

U2_Guy said:
U2Traveller
The Fly

Local time:
11-04-2004 10:41 AM

11-04-2004 05:10 PM -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name calling...insults...hmmmmm

I see...

If you want to win, then it makes sense to stay.

Last edited:
U2Traveller said:
I think speedracer and nbcrusader pointed out the insults adequately.

Hmmmm...

I see...

Originally posted by U2Traveller

U2_Guy said:

Hmmmm...

I see...

Originally posted by U2Traveller

If you really want to win it makes sense to stay and WORK with the people...not run away. Either you're a wimp, or you truly do not feel strongly about the issues, or you just like Canada.

U2_Guy said:

Changed it very quickly huh...

I read what you wrote first...

What did I write first? That I do think it's wimpy to run if you believe strongly in your stand? It is. I just reworded it somewhere else here.

Now, the issue is NOT me, is it?

So, let's get back to the subject. What was it? Oh yes, no, I don't think America will decline and fall. It may teeter like a top, but that's a whole other issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom