wow, i am seriously afraid of creed and their fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

notiti

Refugee
Ugh, how I hate Creed. I hate the pretentious way that they carry themselves, as if they have had some sort of bearing at all in the music industry. I myself do NOT think that a bunch of guys with big hair whining about how no one has faith like they do anymore constitute a band, let alone a good band. They lack a musical sense, instead of forging their own way in the music world they choose to come clawing behind U2, steal a stye that U2 has already moved past and mimic it poorly. They are pretentious self gratifying posers. It's musical wanking. Screw Creed.

------------------
Keepin it krunk...
http://www.iloveham.com/

[This message has been edited by notiti (edited 12-28-2001).]

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I can't believe a dead duck is so concerned over some crap ass music?
tongue.gif

Quack to you!

Originally posted by notiti:
They are pretentious self gratifying posers. It's musical wanking. Screw Creed.

AMEN!!!

And the part about doing a U2 cover of a song that came out before U2 started sucking...
mad.gif

since I can't remember ever listening to an entire creed song they don't really bother me that much

I don't like what I read about them though (and not just what I read about creed over here at feedback)

so, just for the hell of it, I'm going to agree with death bear

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I Agree with Achtung Zooropa!!

icon21.gif
I can't stand anything by Creed! I cringe every time I hear a song by them or see them on the TV! And Stapp is just ARGH!

------------------
Nothing changes on new year's day...
On new year's day...
I will be with you again
I will be with you again....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Isn't everyone free to listen to who they like?

Unfortunately (or fortunately, when it comes to getting tickets), not everyone in the World likes U2. They're still good people. Clouded in judgement, yes, but good people
smile.gif

Most U2 fans are good people. But I never realized until I started reading this forum just how biased some of them are (I suppose that is to be expected, seeing how this is a forum centered around U2).

Lighten up. Why do you care if Creed sells 1 album or 1 billion albums?

It's not the end of the World that another band gets some attention, and others should not be criticized for liking something you do not. Obviously a lot of people like this band. Do they suck too? Same goes for N'Sync, BSB, etc. Shit, if I had the chance to be in a band and make a trillion dollars, I'd join N'sync in a heartbeat (Hey N'Sync, if you ever need a balding 33 year-old who can't dance for crap, call me). personally, I don't like that kind of music, but I prefer to show that by not buying their albums, and not attending their shows. Not by starting a thread with the subject "All N'Sync fans suck".

That's my rant, let the flaming begin...

Originally posted by muh2o:
Isn't everyone free to listen to who they like?

Yes they are! Just like everyone is free to hate or dislike something! :b

------------------
Nothing changes on new year's day...
On new year's day...
I will be with you again
I will be with you again....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Hmm...and guess who's concerts have a GA floor tickets for $45 for their American tour. What a great idea! Oh wait, wasn't it U2 that caused an small uproar in the concert industry about a year ago for pulling something like that? Now I'm just waiting for the heart-shaped stage. I can see it now...Scott Stapp: "Yeah, well we really felt with the songs on this album it was important to have general admission for the fans, we really wanted to break down the normal concert barriers and be intimate." Just a note: I recently read an interview with Mark Tremonti, and he seems like an ok guy. If I can find it I'll post it, because he talks about U2 in it.

------------------
Looking for U2 bootlegs?
www.geocities.com/u2trades

Here it is, from Request magazine. Tremonti doesn't mention U2 himself. Oh well. At least he said something intelligent.

...Still, names like U2, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Pearl Jam and the Doors get thrown around rather casually whenever Creed is compared with anyone. But, try as you might, you?ll have a tough time convincing Tremonti to play along: "I don?t think a band really has a seat in history until it?s spanned a couple generations of bands, until it?s had success for over a decade. When the next phase of rock bands, the generation that?s 10 years younger than us, look up to us as their inspiration, that?s when I?ll think that we deserve to be in a list like that."

------------------
Looking for U2 bootlegs?
www.geocities.com/u2trades

shit music , shit voice , shit lyrics
Greed - Elefant bubble-gum POP rock , but on the other side , during 80's , 90's there always were such "great" bands like Motley Crue , Bon Jovi ,in the USA , trademark sort of

if one acts like a rockstar, one must therefore be a rockstar? they are using the milli vanilli technique but without the Grammys (oops, those went to U2)

Originally posted by Salome:
since I can't remember ever listening to an entire creed song they don't really bother me that much.

Join the club. I've heard more about Creed in this forum than probably anywhere else.

AS THAT DUDE FROM LIMP BIZKET(cant spell)fred durst said to the singer of creed .......HE IS A FUCKING PUNK .....This happened when creed would not play live on stage because the sun was up and limp had to take their place..

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.

Creed songs called "Bullet" and "One"?!!
icon33.gif

Gee...we're not appropriating U2!

*gives up on ever listening to Creed and turns to "All Things Considered" instead*

------------------
Larry's always been tough. He can laugh heartily telling the story of how as little kids on Christmas Eve he and his sister kept pestering their father,saying, "I think I hear Santa, Dad! I think I hear Santa!" Until their annoyed old man said "There is no Santa Claus! Now go to sleep!"

--Bill Flanagan,U2 at the End of the World

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
keiran, didnt u know this was a radiohead forum?

It is? Though I love Radiohead, I must admit I tire of all those nonsense posts with the psycho bear logo and remarks about heads on sticks. More so recently than now.

Let's see, I can't get into Creed either. They have a couple of good songs but I would not buy their cd. NOPE. I'd rather listen to Magnifier or any other less known bands out there.

In my dream I was drowning my sorrows,
But my sorrows, they learned to swim...

ive never been more scared. i went to billboard and i see they sold more than 800,000 copies of their latest shit album!!!!!!!!! i dont care if it was the christmas rush, this is pycho.

someone PLEASE tell me this is a conspiracy, cause my sacrifice is the biggest joke of a lead-off single, i even say higher is a better song. heck, dirty pop is a better song (nsync).

im scared shitless at the moment, someone hug me, console me and make me believe that they'll go away.

:cryingtodeathminotaur:

------------------
-death bear

This is the deal. The music industry is looking for the next big band. Unfortunately, there are no great "new" rock groups out there. So all the music industry has is a bunch of mediocre bands. They must feel that Creed is the best of these "new" bands, so they're promoting them like crazy.

I think Creed sucks and I can't wait till the rest of the world gets sick of them.

Wow you guys are harsh.........whats so bad about Creed? You would honestly pick NSync or Backstreet Boys over them?

I like Creed....and yes I love U2....

------------------
---my thoughts on THEHEPCAT'S pictures--- hmm Hep's pretty cute......wow Hep's at the united center in Chicago...I was at that show.....hey....that guy next to him is really cute too........*2 minutes later* OH MY GOSH!!!! DUH that's Larry!!!!!!----
yeah.....i'm blonde

their over-dramatic formula rock that attempts to display soul, is the most disturbing part of it to me... wait... nooo.. the fact that millions and millions of people are buying into this shit scares me more...

anyone else remember their manager claiming that this will be their joshua tree album?!?! they should be slaughtered into pieces for something like that. it was said before they ever even went into the studio!!!!!

does anyone have any reviews of their new album by critics?? what are they saying in general??? tell me they think this is shit.

------------------
-death bear

Originally posted by Roast Duck:
This is the deal. The music industry is looking for the next big band. Unfortunately, there are no great "new" rock groups out there. So all the music industry has is a bunch of mediocre bands. They must feel that Creed is the best of these "new" bands, so they're promoting them like crazy.

I think Creed sucks and I can't wait till the rest of the world gets sick of them.

I can't believe a dead duck is so concerned over some crap ass music?
tongue.gif

------------------
The future is so predictable the past is too uncomfortable

Reviews
Barnes & Noble
It's been clear for quite some time that Scott Stapp and company believe that you've gotta say yes to every excess -- at least on record -- and this third album certainly follows in that tradition. Naysayers will find it windy and overblown, but to the ever-growing mass of true believers, the unapologetic grandiosity of Weathered should prove both uplifting and propulsive. For the most part, Stapp and company remain true to the themes they explored on their first two multi-platinum efforts. The singer retains his knack for conveying, then assuaging, spiritual doubts (on anthemic numbers like "Torn" and "One"), while turning on just enough full-on rock mojo to get bodies moving to the beat of "Stand" and "One Last Breath." Weathered does find Creed exploring some new ground. On the surprisingly flinty "Bullets," there's more than a hint of nu-metal dynamic, while the extended "Who's Got My Back?" lists rather improbably into raga-rock territory. Love him or hate him, there's no denying Stapp's charisma -- or his willingness to sing every note as if it were his last. For those who think bigger is better, Creed is as good as it gets. David Sprague

All Music Guide
The week Creed released their fourth album, Weathered, lead vocalist Scott Stapp mentioned in an interview that they didn't really care about the widespread critical disdain for his group, since Led Zeppelin wasn't appreciated either -- not until they released their fourth album in 1971, that is. Stapp's assessment is a little off; Zeppelin never really enjoyed good reviews by most of the rock-crit establishment -- at least until 1988 when Zep-mania gripped the nation and even prompted Rolling Stone to put Robert Plant on the cover -- but his sentiment is right on target since he's saying Creed isn't a band for the critics, they simply do what they do and the proof that they're right is in the millions of fans. Well, Creed certainly isn't a critic's band, but not because critics hate heavy rock -- grunge sorta blew that bugaboo out of the water when it became mandatory to take anybody with heavy guitars seriously -- but because Creed simply works very earnestly within a tradition without ever expanding it, without ever adding humor or even cracking a smile. R.E.M. and U2 may have had the weight of the world on their shoulders during the first Bush era, but they lightened up occasionally. Creed never does. They are a very serious band, realizing that the world is very serious, so music is a serious business, a way of expressing their faith, passion, yearning, and love -- all things that are quite serious so they should be treated seriously. Their hearts are in the right place -- let it never be said that they're only in this for the money or the fame; they even advertise Stapp's With Arms Wide Open Foundation charity in the liner notes -- but the earnestness in their approach is magnified by their resolutely unimaginative neo-grunge. Try as they may -- and they do, bringing in the Tallahasee Boys' Choir for "Don't' Stop Dancing," incorporating a Cherokee Indian prayer on "Who's Got My Back," sprinkling the album with some keyboards, and stretching out to near-epic lengths occasionally -- they don't break from that template, and to all but the hardcore, this is simply another Creed record, one that has the same faults or virtues, depending on your viewpoint. And that's why Creed isn't Led Zeppelin, even though both were slagged by critics, say what you may, Zeppelin changed on each of those first four records, where Creed has stayed the same. (This does get the honorary Fred Durst's Chocolate Starfish award for worst album cover of the year, however.) Stephen Thomas Erlewine

thanks flygirl.

they werent nearly as bold and negative as id hope they would be, oh well.

it took u2 just their FIRST album after their first big one (JT) for people to become sick of them...

if they start selling concert tickets and become a stadium act im going to explode. youll see.

------------------
-death bear

Unfortunately Creed is the best young straight-up rock band that the music biz has to offer right now. They're not that bad, certainly have a real powerful sound to them, but are still fairly young and evolving. They are developing under the microscope, with every release to be heavily scrutinzed. That's a tough position to be in.

Back
Top Bottom