Worst Album Survivor: Round VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for your FAVOURITE album

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eyebrow: Lest we forget, War has Sunday Bloody Sunday, Seconds, NYD, Like A Song, Drowning Man, Surrender... all standouts!

I like all of those songs. They're good songs. But the only one about to make my top fifteen U2 tracks is New Year's Day. Gloria, Tomorrow, and Rejoice, on the other hand, are all contenders.

And I don't know about anyone else, but the studio SBS really doesn't have that much power - it's all about the live versions.

I'm sure it took longer than 16 seconds for Bono to steal his neighbor's mail and copy down whatever was written inside the first letter he opened.

It just so happened that said neighbor had chronic vertigo problems, it seems:

When I get up
I fall down
When I'm falling down
I fall down
I broke myself
I fall
I fall down
I'm falling down
I fall down
When you fall down
When I'm falling down
Is when you're falling down
When you fall down
I fall down
I fall down...

Maybe you're paying too much attention to the lyrics? Musically it rox my sox.

I can't separate it as a lazy ripoff of another song. I mean, seriously, they continued playing The Cry after October was released! They didn't even pretend that Is That All? was an actual song! Plus, it's a horrible close and ruins the flow, which doesn't help its case.

It just so happened that said neighbor had chronic vertigo problems, it seems:

When I get up
I fall down
When I'm falling down
I fall down
I broke myself
I fall
I fall down
I'm falling down
I fall down
When you fall down
When I'm falling down
Is when you're falling down
When you fall down
I fall down
I fall down...

God! Written out like that, it sounds awful! :yikes: But that beautiful keyboard melody makes the song!

Yay! Lyrics ruin the day once again. :grumpy:

why vote then?

OK, I take it back. I've heard some of the songs, but not in an album. Let's see...
SBS
NYD
Two Hearts

Gloria
Brick
October

Not much, I know. Nothing that ever convinced me the albums warranted buying. In the meantime, I enjoy the songs from ATYCLB more than the ones I know from these two albums.
In fact, I like them enough that I don't think I would like War or October more, just as a prediction. Oh well. I'm not taking this too seriously.

I just can´t vote in a "favorite album" just because it has 2 or 3 songs I like the most or I listen to more (in this case I´d vote to TUF since the beginning because of Bad, Pride, TUF) and I think this is not a good criteria cause I´ve considered the album as a whole to be "the" favorite.

Hard to think that U2 fans may consider R&H as their worst album. :sad:

Hope it won´t happen.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom