Will someone keep me updated on the awards tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hottest Live Show Nominees: Madonna, DMB, U2, Janet Jackson, Bon Jovi

Winner: Bon Jovi

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

OK,
Bon Jovi comes in second to LAST for Favorite Group and now they win HOTTEST Live show. Hmmmmmmmm....I think its safe to say, that the awards were picked by the staff of VH1 with only a slight influence from people who voted. These awards definitely were a Joke.

Haha Sicy!

------------------
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may see peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you"

Peace George

Award shows are crap anyway. Just go look at the awards given at shows 3,5,10 years ago and see how many of those artists are still around or if they even put out another big song. NOT too many. They create revenue thru advertising for the tv stations and allow us to see some live music which is good except for lipsynching stuff.

------------------
You give it all but I want more

Must-Have Album Nominees: Matchbox 20, The Beatles, DMB, U2, Alicia Keys

Winner: DMB

------------------
"I don't know you,

Mick Jagger and Lenny Kravitz are performing Mick's new single. I love this song, and Mick is giving a great performance, as usual!

This is the highlight of the show so far, IMO.

------------------
"I don't know you,

OK if Matchbox 20 would have won that category, then I'd be pissed!

------------------
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may see peace of mind is waiting there

Peace George

The show is mercifully over. No U2 performance, thank god. I think even they looked at this debacle and decided the exposure wasn't worth it.

OK, let's keep all our bitching tied up in one neat little thread. Thanks and goodnight.

------------------
You've got a head full of traffic
You're a siren's song

I thought Lenny Kravitz looked good. My fave performance had to be Mick/Lenny.

Was that Nelly Furtado with Gwen accepting the award for the benefit single?

Hmm...guess I didn't miss much then, huh?

------------------

Peace George

I'm feeling the same way. I've still got to go down and get my clothes out of the dryer (I'm in an apartment complex), so I'm thinking I might just get in bed when I come back and watch it as I go to sleep.. or not.

Ok Nelly Furtado's singing sounded like complete shit.

It's lovely to see Beautiful Day last for Damn I wish I wrote that. What the hell kind of award title is that anyway?

rolleyes.gif

THIS IS SICK. Ok, I finally gave in, I guess I won't bitch, I avoided the forum all night cuz I wanted to be surprised when U2 won all the awards, but after just seeing the 1st 2 losses I was yelling at the tv swearing and I told my husband "that's it gotta go online to see if it is worthwhile to watch this crap". And here I am reading all these posts.
frown.gif

Arghhhh, so I guess they didn't win even one?
Hmmmmmmmmm. crap. ok, i'm ok.
Just wait for the grammies...the U2 sweep!
biggrin.gif

During the "pre-show" Gwen said that she has been keeping her shape cuz party animal Bono
wink.gif
kept them up all night long during the tour, lol. Anyone see that? I can't remember her exact words...

I just saw Sting and Mary J. Blige, and I think that was probably the best performance of the night.

Yeah, Gwen said something like "I guess it's an Irish thing to stay up drinking all night and not get any sleep. That's how I stay so slim.." It sounded like she was trying to keep up with them. That was pretty funny.

Back
Top Bottom