Vertigo in Toronto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Mix was the first to get it at 4:30. The Edge played it at 4:35, Q107 around 4:45 and Jack FM around 5.

What? I was in my car stuck on the Gardiner. :wink:

I thought edge played it first. Marting streak di d a big explenation of how things shook down and why the single was released early. All thanks to the edge.

mike

I'm confused. The single was released early this morning (Sept. 24)? Or last night (Sept. 23)? I would think that Edge102 got to play the single first because it more caters to U2's fan base (in the hardcore sense) than the other radio stations mentioned and U2 seem to have a working relationship with Edge102. Also, Alan Cross loves U2, and although he works between Edge102 and Q107, he makes the majority of his U2 comments on the former! I believe Allan Cross is now in charge of Edge102 (?), and regardless of whether he is or not, he has an influential presence at either radio station!

If, ah, say someone you know wants to find an, uh, illegal copy of the song, perhaps, I don't know if this is true, I heard it from a friend of a friend of mine, that he or she should use WINMX. Apparently, again I don't know, WINMX already has several copies of the song floating around.

Am I a bad person for sharing this potential information?

(Look for the track that is 3:11 long! The devil made me do it!)

I dont normally listen to MIX (99.9) too much...but last night on the way to band practice I was scanning to see just how many stations were playing it....and heard it on MIX....but MIX upped the ante a bit..apparently they're playing it at 30 min and 60 min of every hour for 24 hrs since they got ahold of it....

So, for a station I dont even listen to - YAY MIX! :)

PS - wasn't around this time this morning that the song was *actually supposed to be premiered?? Gotta love the internet :)

G

MunkyMan said:
I thought edge played it first. Marting streak di d a big explenation of how things shook down and why the single was released early. All thanks to the edge.

No, they're just full of shit as usual. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom